- Opinion: McAuliffe’s Gift to the GOP
- > Oct 22, 9:26 AM: The moment illustrates again the power of education as a wedge issue. It crosses socio-economic lines, giving Republicans the opportunity to peel back crucial suburban voters who helped Joe Biden to the White House. And it
- Richmond Public Schools closing school two additional days in early November for employees' mental health
- > Oct 22, 9:03 AM: Fearing that Richmond Public Schools employees are on the “brink of burning out — even leaving,” Superintendent Jason Kamras has announced that the school system will be closed the entire first week of November, including
- Opinion: Democrats' teachable moment
- > Oct 22, 9:00 AM: President Joe Biden and Gov. Ralph Northam both decisively won Virginia in their last elections by about 10 percentage points. Yet with Election Day approaching, polling shows former Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe and
- Virginia saw homeschooling spike during the pandemic and many parents are sticking with it
- Oct 22, 5:58 AM: Virginia saw a huge spike in homeschooling during the coronavirus pandemic and many parents are planning to stick with it long-term.
- Parents advocacy group launches $1M ad campaign against McAuliffe, invoking safety in schools
- > Oct 22, 5:25 AM: A parents advocacy group kick-started a $1 million digital ad campaign targeting Democratic gubernatorial nominee Terry McAuliffe by highlighting school safety in Virginia. Free to Learn Action released a TV advertisement
- Northern Virginia school systems fine-tune online learning, launch virus testing
- > Oct 20, 9:12 AM: Unlike neighboring school systems, Arlington Public Schools decided to offer remote learning to any parents and students that preferred it. At a school board meeting last week, officials with the Northern Virginia district
- Opinion: There is no context missing from McAuliffe's anti-parent approach to education
- > Oct 20, 5:55 AM: Democratic Virginia gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe seems to have finally realized that demonizing concerned parents who want to be involved in their children’s education is not exactly a winning electoral
- Top teachers union rolls out ad in support of McAuliffe in Virginia
- Oct 18, 9:49 AM: The American Federation of Teachers rolled out an ad on Sunday in support of former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) ahead of the state's gubernatorial election on Nov. 2.
- The Unlikely Issue Shaping the Virginia Governor’s Race: Schools
- > Oct 13, 8:49 AM: But the issue that transformed Ms. Yoder, a stay-at-home mother, from a reliable voter to the kind of person who brings three young children to an evening campaign rally wasn’t her Christian values or her pocketbook. It
- Editorial: Virginia Dad Takes On the School Board
- > Oct 12, 9:16 AM: Mr. Jackson sees the school board protests as fallout from the Covid-19 lockdowns. “Because kids were home and learning online, parents got a look at what their kids were being taught in the classroom, and they didn’t like
- Richmond teachers rally in support of collective bargaining
- Oct 5, 8:08 AM: Dozens of teachers attended Monday night’s Richmond Public schools (RPS) meeting in support of a collective bargaining resolution on the agenda.
- ‘America is watching Loudoun County’: Virginia parents rally for reform, against McAuliffe
- Oct 4, 8:56 AM: Parents in Loudoun County, Virginia rallied on Saturday in support of having a stronger say in classroom curricula, encouraging people to take their grievances to the ballot box in November.
- ‘Making it up as we go’: Homeschooling on the rise amid pandemic
- > Oct 4, 8:53 AM: "Homeschool happens literally everywhere at all times,” Higdon said. “Just because we’re not sitting down with me lecturing him and him taking notes does not mean we’re not actually homeschooling."
- Review & Outlook: A Brawl Over Schools in Virginia
- > Sep 30, 8:34 AM: Virginia’s race for Governor in November could be a bellwether for the national midterm elections next year, and one emerging fault line is over school choice and whether parents have a say in the public-school
- New chance for old idea: Senators push historic tax credits to renovate schools
- > Sep 30, 8:30 AM: Now a U.S. senator, Kaine is delivering on the promise by reintroducing legislation with Sen. Mark Warner, a fellow Virginia Democrat, that would allow use of historic tax credits to renovate public school buildings. It
- Livestreaming option for quarantined students begins in Fairfax County
- Sep 28, 8:58 AM: The virtual learning option doesn't give students the opportunity to participate during class.
- Fairfax County teachers demand compensation for teaching kids in quarantine
- Sep 24, 8:08 AM: Teachers in Fairfax County are asking for more money for what they say, will be more work and hours spent.
- Richmond Public Schools close the waitlist for Virtual Virginia
- > Sep 16, 9:30 AM: Richmond Public School District announced they have cleared the waitlist for Virtual Virginia, the online learning option for all of Virginia schools. School leaders said there are no more spots available for the program,
- His child is marked absent every day of school: ‘It is frustrating’
- Sep 15, 9:01 AM: A Richmond parent said his child has not gone to school yet this year because there is no room in virtual learning and the delta variant is a threat to his family.
- ACPS says virtual school is at full capacity, creates waitlist
- Sep 7, 3:47 PM: For the virtual school, Albemarle County Public Schools (ACPS) allotted 25 educators and a principal who would operate entirely online, rather than split classes in-person and virtual.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- townhall.com 83%
- Martinsville Bulletin - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Henrico Citizen - Online 0%
- Smyth County News & Messenger - Online 0%