- 'Gold standard of educational freedom': Ducey to grant school choice for 1M Arizona students
- > Jun 30, 3:21 PM: Arizona is poised to become the first state with a universal school choice program once Gov. Doug Ducey (R) signs legislation he says will "transform" the state and serve as an education model for the nation.
- Missouri charter schools to see funding boost under new law
- Jun 30, 2:19 PM: Charter schools in Missouri will receive an infusion of at least $62 million in state funding under a new law signed by Gov. Mike Parson Wednesday.
- Education emerging as key election issue, poll shows
- Jun 30, 1:53 PM: A new poll from a national charter school group indicates that many parents could become single-issue voters on the topic of education.
- City DOE, mayor’s office grant Zeta charter school’s request for 31 additional pre-K seats
- Jun 30, 1:50 PM: After outcries from parents and teachers, the city Department of Education and the Mayor’s office changed their tune on denying pre-K seats for siblings of students at a Bronx charter school.
- SCOTUS ruling on school funding vouchers could have impact on Pa. education future
- > Jun 30, 1:46 PM: PA is once again considering a school voucher system that would enable parents in the bottom-performing 15 percent of school districts to use a scholarship account for any school of their choice to use on tuition,
- Arizona's New Law Funds Students, Not Just Government-Run Schools
- Jun 29, 3:07 PM: Arizona's new law should make alternative school arrangements more accessible than ever to families interested in educating their kids instead of funding bureaucracies.
- Arizona extends school choice to all K-12 students
- > Jun 29, 3:05 PM: Empowerment Scholarship Accounts empower families with the freedom and flexibility to customize their child’s education. Arizona families can currently use ESAs to pay for private school tuition, tutoring, textbooks,
- Charter schools, abundant in California, could be a Supreme Court target
- Jun 29, 3:04 PM: Experts disagree on whether the Court will take aim at charter schools.
- Ruling on private school funding prompts new interest in Blaine amendments
- Jun 29, 3:02 PM: The June 21 Supreme Court ruling in Carson v. Makin declaring that a Maine tuition aid program excluding religious schools was unconstitutional resurrected interest in what are known as Blaine amendments.
- Alabama school choice advocates encouraged by SCOTUS ruling
- Jun 29, 2:59 PM: School choice advocates in Alabama say they are encouraged by a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision on private and religious schools and state funding.
- Hundreds of charter students are wondering where they will attend school next year
- Jun 29, 2:57 PM: The students are either applying to other charter, magnet, or private schools or trying to find room in their neighborhood public schools.
- A dispute between a charter board and Universal Companies has left two schools in limbo
- > Jun 29, 2:55 PM: In Philadelphia, where charters educate about 70,000, or one-third of public school students, many of the city’s 85 charters are managed by private companies that contract with the schools to provide services.
- Missouri charter schools poised to see funding boost under new law
- Jun 29, 2:54 PM: Charter schools in Missouri will receive an infusion of at least $62 million in state funding under a new law scheduled to be signed by Gov. Mike Parson Wednesday.
- Knox Co. college readiness program expanding across Tennessee
- Jun 29, 10:12 AM: The Knox Promise program started in 2019 and supports students as they transition from high school into college.
- Louisiana's Edwards vetoes bill that would allow state board of education to approve charters
A veto of legislation to allow charter schools approved by the state board of education, rather than local school boards, was one of numerous bills from the 2022 regular legislative session recently approved or rejected >
Jun 29, 10:09 AM:
- Arizona Extends School Choice to All K-12 Students
- > Jun 27, 8:37 AM: Empowerment Scholarship Accounts empower families with the freedom and flexibility to customize their child’s education. Arizona families can currently use ESAs to pay for private school tuition, tutoring, textbooks,
- Carson v. Makin Puts Religion and Charter Schools on the Table in Connecticut
- > Jun 27, 8:27 AM: A recent U.S. Supreme Court decision requiring states to extend funding for private school vouchers to include religious schools will not immediately affect Connecticut, but has the potential to reshape the state’s
- A national TED grant will help 4-year-olds across Kansas prepare for school
At least 200 4-year-olds across Kansas are going to benefit from a grant through the philanthropic branch of the TED organization, which will allow Waterford.org to operate its Waterford Upstart program here.>
Jun 27, 8:10 AM:
- New era for school choice in Indiana begins Monday
- > Jun 27, 7:59 AM: The Indiana Education Scholarship Account (ESA) program offers maximum flexibility to families who choose to opt out of traditional schooling in favor of funding their own appropriate education programs and services for
- Tucson Unified sees second year of high demand for summer courses
- Jun 27, 7:54 AM: Tucson Unified School District saw one of its highest summer school enrollment numbers this year, with more than 11,000 students in grades K-12 taking classes during June.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Maine Line Times 100%
- Rueters 100%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Albany Times Unions 0%
- St. Louis Post-Gazette 0%