- Learning Community Charter School to Celebrate Indigenous People in the United States
- Oct 11, 9:16 AM: Student’s at Jersey City’s Learning Community Charter School (LCCS) will be using Columbus Day to celebrate and learn about the culture and history of indigenous people in the United States.
- NJ teachers union tips the balance in race for governor
- Oct 8, 8:24 AM: With just four weeks until election day, Phil Murphy doesn't just lead his GOP challenger in the polls, he leads with six times more money on hand to spend on a final push for voters.
- Parents getting refunds for busing costs after N.J. district cuts back on who can get a ride
- Sep 30, 8:18 AM: There is no rubric to deal with the national bus driver shortage plaguing many school districts across New Jersey. So, they’re trying different tactics.
- Newark Church And Charter School Working Together To Provide Free, ‘High Dosage’ Tutoring To Students On Saturdays
- Sep 21, 8:48 AM: A church and a charter school in New Jersey are teaming up to close the learning gap widened by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- University Heights Charter School in Newark Continues to Expand
- Sep 21, 8:37 AM: A sure sign that the growth of the University Heights Charter School continues to blossom took center stage on Saturday, Sept. 18, in downtown Newark.
- N.J. schools will require a new graduation test starting this spring
- Sep 10, 11:47 AM: New Jersey schools will administer a new mandatory graduation exam this spring for high school juniors, beginning with the Class of 2023.
- Covid turning New Jersey’s nonpartisan school boards into political lightning rods
- Sep 10, 11:41 AM: School board meetings throughout New Jersey are becoming political battlegrounds, as parents and community members wage war over Covid mitigation strategies, curriculum decisions and ideological beliefs.
- Newark Public Charter Schools ‘COVID-19 Compact’ Aims to Ensure Safety, Transparency for Families
- Sep 10, 11:29 AM: Newark charter school leaders and advocates have teamed up to announce a set of common safety standards and expectations for parents heading into this school year.
- Private schools, charter schools in Newark prepare for delta variant
- > Sep 3, 10:16 AM: As charter and private schools around Newark either prepare to open their doors or have already begun the school year, each has taken an approach to COVID-19 to try to ensure they can reopen at full capacity.
- Can my K-12 kid take a ‘gap year’ and skip school this year?
- Aug 30, 12:03 PM: Mandatory masks. Crowded cafeterias. Classrooms full of unvaccinated elementary school students. Rising Delta variant cases. And no option for remote learning.
- Nearly half of Newarkers who responded to FDU poll support charter schools
- Aug 27, 8:11 AM: A Farleigh Dickinson University poll found that 48% of 1,100 Newark respondents thought charter schools have been good for the city’s students, while 13% said they’ve been bad for them.
- More than 100 teachers leave N.J. district. Union says number is ‘troubling.’
- Aug 20, 3:03 PM: The Paterson school district is rushing to replace a growing number of resigning and retiring teachers with less than three weeks before students return to classrooms, many for the first time in 18 months.
- New Jersey parents seek a virtual option for school this year despite Gov’s ‘unequivocal
- Aug 18, 2:49 PM: A group of New Jersey parents who want Gov. Phil Murphy to keep the remote learning option available has collected 11,000 signatures for a petition they hope to send him soon.
- Learning pods are forming up and down N.J. Why homeschooling parents are teaming up.
- > Aug 16, 3:59 PM: After two school years affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, parents considering homeschooling for the upcoming year told NJ Advance Media that learning pods — which either rotate through parent teachers or hire tutors —
- Anti-Mask Activist Creates New Learning Pods as Schooling Alternative
- Aug 12, 11:11 AM: One Bedminster woman has decided to come up with a schooling alternative for parents who don't believe children should be forced to wear masks in school.
- NJ Anti-Mask Group To Start Learning Pods As School Alternative
- Aug 10, 4:34 PM: On Friday, Cunningham said she had more than 450 families express interest in the pods in less than 12 hours. To learn more about the pods visit unmasknjschools.com.
- N.J. students in grades K-12 must wear masks at start of school year, Murphy to announce
- > Aug 6, 12:56 PM: The governor announced in late June the state was planning not to have a statewide mandate for students and staff wear masks when the upcoming academic year begins and would instead leave it up to individual districts to
- Murphy not budging despite petition seeking remote school choice
- Jul 27, 12:09 PM: An online petition asking the state to allow remote learning options for students in the approaching school year is gaining speed, but Gov. Phil Murphy said he remains opposed.
- These N.J. parents are pushing for virtual learning in September
- > Jul 26, 11:23 AM: The group, New Jersey Parents for Personal Choice, is asking Gov. Phil Murphy to reverse course and allow virtual learning, which was in place starting in March 2020 and throughout the 2020-21 school year due to the
- Paterson, schools finalizing plans for $170M from federal COVID recovery program
- Jul 22, 10:59 AM: School officials have earmarked 54% of their share of the money for facility improvements and 34% for initiatives designed to address learning loss caused by the school shutdown during the pandemic.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Trentonian 100%
- ECN - Electronic Component News 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Record, The 0%
- Associated Press (AP) - Trenton Bureau 17%