- Jersey City public schools could see an influx of $126 million in state aid over the next two years after the U.S. Department of Education told state officials it had to use American Rescue Plan funds to take care of its highest-poverty districts.
- > Dec 1, 9:16 AM: Jersey City public schools could see an influx of $126 million in state aid over the next two years after the U.S. Department of Education told state officials it had to use American Rescue Plan funds to take care of its
- ‘My kid is suffering.’ Parents frustrated with virtual learning at N.J. school hit by Ida flooding.
- > Nov 30, 9:49 AM: After already spending a year learning remotely during the pandemic, students and educators at the middle and high school went back to the same virtual pattern after the town was rocked by the remnants of Ida, which tore
- Kindergartners, First Graders At LEAP Academy University Charter School Guaranteed Full Scholarship To Rutgers
- > Nov 23, 9:36 AM: College was on the minds of some youngsters Monday morning in Camden. More than 800 Camden students, ages 5-18, were inducted into a college scholarship program. Kindergartners and first graders at LEAP Academy University
- Opinion: Red Bank Charter School is Shaping My Daughter’s Future - Don’t Take that Away from Her
- > Nov 23, 9:10 AM: It goes without saying the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted each of us in different ways, especially for the millions of parents like me who struggled to find a safe, welcoming, and accepting place for their child to
- Opinion: Some want a more flexible choice for using remote learning in the future
- > Nov 23, 8:55 AM: In the early days of the pandemic, when schools suddenly closed, many legislators rushed to heed the pleas of parents and school principals to permit virtual learning. They wanted authorization to teach kids remotely and
- $1.5 million grant will help Camden students tackle 'jobs first' education
- > Nov 11, 9:22 AM: A nonprofit founded by former Camden School District superintendent Paymon Rouhanifard has been awarded $1.5 million by Bloomberg Philanthropies to help students ages 18 to 24 earn certificates that will help them get
- Hudson County Schools of Technology superintendent renews call to NJ DOE to allow remote learning
- Nov 9, 8:54 AM: Hudson County Schools of Technology Superintendent Amy Lin-Rodriguez is renewing he call to the New Jersey Department of Education to again allow remote learning.
- Show your work: Legal challenge to NJ on charter school reports
- > Nov 8, 10:16 AM: Civil-rights and education advocacy groups are asking an administrative law judge to direct the state Department of Education to begin writing down required yearly assessments of whether charter schools add to
- Fatherly Bond On Full Display At Newark School's Annual 'Dad Day'
- Nov 5, 8:35 AM: A "celebration of fatherhood and male mentorship" saw support from dozens of devoted dads in Newark.
- New Jersey’s Education Rebellion Was a Long Time Coming But Democrats didn’t heed the signs.
Who could have predicted this? Well, anyone with a kid in public school during the pandemic paralysis of last year. I won’t pretend that my own experience is more meaningful than anyone else’s. But the singular of data >
Nov 5, 7:49 AM:
- JCEA-backed Education Matters slate sweeps Jersey City school board race
- Nov 3, 7:41 AM: The Education Matters slate swept to victory in the Jersey City Board of Education race for three seats, easily defeating the Change for Children ticket and two other candidates.
- NJEA’s political power goes beyond money
- > Oct 27, 8:15 AM: In the past three years, New Jersey’s largest teachers union has poured more than $15 million into its effort to reelect Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy. That number dwarfs contributions made by any other group in a state long
- See How This LEAD Charter School Graduate is Using Their Skills to Pursue a Career in Construction
- > Oct 27, 7:56 AM: A path to earning a successful career wasn’t always quite clear to Shenell Bagot. Not knowing what to pursue a degree in after high school, Bagot felt stuck and apprehensive about dropping thousands of dollars on a college
- A Faith-Based After-School Program for Underprivileged Kids Gets Impressive Results
- > Oct 26, 6:31 AM: The organization offers tutoring and music lessons to 100 first- through eighth-graders combined at 240 Fairmount Ave. and P.S. 22 — with a third site in Greenville on the way. (Carter explained that the religious group
- N.J. parent group continues to press Murphy on virtual school option
- Oct 21, 8:20 AM: Nearly two months into the new school year, a group of New Jersey parents continues to push Gov. Phil Murphy to reconsider his decision to bar virtual learning options for public schools.
- With a college mindset and character education, these scholars attend one of the few suburban N.J. charters
When Richard Wilson Jr. told his wife in 2007 he wanted to start a charter school in South Jersey, she laughed — and then helped him launch the Benjamin Banneker Preparatory Charter School.
Oct 20, 9:26 AM:
- Gov. Murphy, NJ teacher union heads reportedly caught maskless despite mandate
- Oct 13, 6:13 AM: A New Jersey teachers union posted, and then quickly deleted, online photos that show its leaders and Gov. Phil Murphy going maskless at a fundraising event, according to reports.
- New Jersey teacher says her stomach was 'churning' following union demand to log students' vaccination status
- > Oct 11, 10:17 AM: Jennifer Mess, a New Jersey public school teacher, said Sunday on ‘Fox & Friends Weekend’ that her stomach was "churning" after watching a teachers union training video enticing her and her colleagues to log the
- Learning Community Charter School to Celebrate Indigenous People in the United States
- Oct 11, 9:16 AM: Student’s at Jersey City’s Learning Community Charter School (LCCS) will be using Columbus Day to celebrate and learn about the culture and history of indigenous people in the United States.
- NJ teachers union tips the balance in race for governor
- Oct 8, 8:24 AM: With just four weeks until election day, Phil Murphy doesn't just lead his GOP challenger in the polls, he leads with six times more money on hand to spend on a final push for voters.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Trentonian 100%
- ECN - Electronic Component News 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Record, The 0%
- Asbury Park Press 17%