- N.J. parent group continues to press Murphy on virtual school option
- Oct 21, 8:20 AM: Nearly two months into the new school year, a group of New Jersey parents continues to push Gov. Phil Murphy to reconsider his decision to bar virtual learning options for public schools.
- With a college mindset and character education, these scholars attend one of the few suburban N.J. charters
When Richard Wilson Jr. told his wife in 2007 he wanted to start a charter school in South Jersey, she laughed — and then helped him launch the Benjamin Banneker Preparatory Charter School.
Oct 20, 9:26 AM:
- Gov. Murphy, NJ teacher union heads reportedly caught maskless despite mandate
- Oct 13, 6:13 AM: A New Jersey teachers union posted, and then quickly deleted, online photos that show its leaders and Gov. Phil Murphy going maskless at a fundraising event, according to reports.
- New Jersey teacher says her stomach was 'churning' following union demand to log students' vaccination status
- > Oct 11, 10:17 AM: Jennifer Mess, a New Jersey public school teacher, said Sunday on ‘Fox & Friends Weekend’ that her stomach was "churning" after watching a teachers union training video enticing her and her colleagues to log the
- Learning Community Charter School to Celebrate Indigenous People in the United States
- Oct 11, 9:16 AM: Student’s at Jersey City’s Learning Community Charter School (LCCS) will be using Columbus Day to celebrate and learn about the culture and history of indigenous people in the United States.
- NJ teachers union tips the balance in race for governor
- Oct 8, 8:24 AM: With just four weeks until election day, Phil Murphy doesn't just lead his GOP challenger in the polls, he leads with six times more money on hand to spend on a final push for voters.
- Parents getting refunds for busing costs after N.J. district cuts back on who can get a ride
- Sep 30, 8:18 AM: There is no rubric to deal with the national bus driver shortage plaguing many school districts across New Jersey. So, they’re trying different tactics.
- Newark Church And Charter School Working Together To Provide Free, ‘High Dosage’ Tutoring To Students On Saturdays
- Sep 21, 8:48 AM: A church and a charter school in New Jersey are teaming up to close the learning gap widened by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- University Heights Charter School in Newark Continues to Expand
- Sep 21, 8:37 AM: A sure sign that the growth of the University Heights Charter School continues to blossom took center stage on Saturday, Sept. 18, in downtown Newark.
- N.J. schools will require a new graduation test starting this spring
- Sep 10, 11:47 AM: New Jersey schools will administer a new mandatory graduation exam this spring for high school juniors, beginning with the Class of 2023.
- Covid turning New Jersey’s nonpartisan school boards into political lightning rods
- Sep 10, 11:41 AM: School board meetings throughout New Jersey are becoming political battlegrounds, as parents and community members wage war over Covid mitigation strategies, curriculum decisions and ideological beliefs.
- Newark Public Charter Schools ‘COVID-19 Compact’ Aims to Ensure Safety, Transparency for Families
- Sep 10, 11:29 AM: Newark charter school leaders and advocates have teamed up to announce a set of common safety standards and expectations for parents heading into this school year.
- Private schools, charter schools in Newark prepare for delta variant
- > Sep 3, 10:16 AM: As charter and private schools around Newark either prepare to open their doors or have already begun the school year, each has taken an approach to COVID-19 to try to ensure they can reopen at full capacity.
- Can my K-12 kid take a ‘gap year’ and skip school this year?
- Aug 30, 12:03 PM: Mandatory masks. Crowded cafeterias. Classrooms full of unvaccinated elementary school students. Rising Delta variant cases. And no option for remote learning.
- Nearly half of Newarkers who responded to FDU poll support charter schools
- Aug 27, 8:11 AM: A Farleigh Dickinson University poll found that 48% of 1,100 Newark respondents thought charter schools have been good for the city’s students, while 13% said they’ve been bad for them.
- More than 100 teachers leave N.J. district. Union says number is ‘troubling.’
- Aug 20, 3:03 PM: The Paterson school district is rushing to replace a growing number of resigning and retiring teachers with less than three weeks before students return to classrooms, many for the first time in 18 months.
- New Jersey parents seek a virtual option for school this year despite Gov’s ‘unequivocal
- Aug 18, 2:49 PM: A group of New Jersey parents who want Gov. Phil Murphy to keep the remote learning option available has collected 11,000 signatures for a petition they hope to send him soon.
- Learning pods are forming up and down N.J. Why homeschooling parents are teaming up.
- > Aug 16, 3:59 PM: After two school years affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, parents considering homeschooling for the upcoming year told NJ Advance Media that learning pods — which either rotate through parent teachers or hire tutors —
- Anti-Mask Activist Creates New Learning Pods as Schooling Alternative
- Aug 12, 11:11 AM: One Bedminster woman has decided to come up with a schooling alternative for parents who don't believe children should be forced to wear masks in school.
- NJ Anti-Mask Group To Start Learning Pods As School Alternative
- Aug 10, 4:34 PM: On Friday, Cunningham said she had more than 450 families express interest in the pods in less than 12 hours. To learn more about the pods visit unmasknjschools.com.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Trentonian 100%
- Watchung-Green Brook Patch 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Record, The 0%
- Burlington County Times 17%