- Department of Education moves to block school-wide remote learning related to COVID-19
- Sep 29, 8:33 AM: The N.H. Department of Education is proposing to bar school districts from implementing remote learning due to COVID-19, a move that has drawn backlash from some districts.
- 'We’re just normal kids': Homeschooling sees rise in numbers during pandemic
- > Sep 28, 8:49 AM: For the past couple years homeschooling in the United States has taken off. Not coincidentally it mirrors the start of the pandemic when in-person schooling was in flux and many parents felt they had little choice but to
- Slow start to $6 million plan intended to combat learning loss
- > Sep 27, 9:17 AM: A program pitched as a way to help students catch up from pandemic learning loss has been slow to get off the ground after the governor approved a $6 million contract with an education company earlier this year.
- There’s a shortage of educators in New Hampshire – and COVID is only part of the reason
- > Sep 21, 8:47 AM: But the challenges are also structural. In an environment where every employer is competing for workers, school districts are sometimes at a disadvantage, Whaland said. Staff salaries can be locked in by hard-fought
- Opinion: Learning Pods Come to Londonderry
- Sep 17, 8:26 AM: New Hampshire’s Department of Education is offering parents in the Londonderry School District a new option to help students recover lost ground caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- N.H.‘s ‘Education Freedom Accounts’ Program Partners With National Firm To Administer Mo
- Sep 15, 9:50 AM: New Hampshire’s new program allowing eligible families to pay for private school expenses using public funds continues to see unexpectedly high take-up.
- School choice program sees strong signup, education commissioner tells local GOP
- > Sep 13, 10:57 AM: A couple of weeks after New Hampshire's school voucher program went into effect, at least a thousand Granite State children have been signed up for the program, Education Commission Frank Edelblut said over the weekend.
- Enrollment at K-12 NH virtual charter school more than doubles
- Sep 13, 10:44 AM: New Hampshire’s online charter school is seeing a big surge in interest for the fall semester, and it’s having a hard time keeping up with demand.
- N.H. Virtual Charter School Enrollment Jumps for Second Year in a Row
- Sep 10, 11:31 AM: New Hampshire's online charter school is seeing a big surge in interest for the fall semester, and it’s having a hard time keeping up with demand.
- Parents frustrated by delays signing children up for virtual school
- Sep 8, 3:17 PM: With Granite State schools back fully in person, the main option for remote learning is falling to the state's virtual charter school, but that school is having problems keeping up with enrollment.
- With interest in ‘education freedom accounts’ high, voucher critics point to the cost
- Sep 3, 10:21 AM: Just two months after the program was passed into law, the state’s education freedom accounts have attracted a lot of interest, New Hampshire officials say.
- N.H.’s School Choice Program Launches In Time for Fall Semester
- Sep 1, 12:36 PM: New Hampshire’s new school choice program is officially underway, after a speedy approval process by lawmakers and the State Board of Education during August.
- Critics of New Hampshire’s school voucher program say it will cost millions
- Sep 1, 12:29 PM: The education freedom accounts program lets parents in a certain income bracket get an average $4,600 grant to home school or send a child to private or religious schools using public money.
- Kids Learn Everywhere
- > Sep 1, 12:08 PM: Imagine an education ecosystem where students get academic credit for taking piano lessons, attending courses at a science museum, or even playing AAU basketball. This is now a reality for families in New Hampshire, and
- Opinion: Giving parents more educational choices benefits us all
- Aug 31, 3:27 PM: Public schools were closed, but charter schools were fully subscribed, as were many private schools. The situation was ripe for providing an alternative way to provide education for our children.
- School Choice a Reality in NH As EFAs Come On Line
- Aug 30, 2:10 PM: Granite State parents now have more choices when it comes to education thanks to the Education Freedom Account program that opened up for applications on Friday
- 2 Manchester charter schools to receive share of $6.8M in federal charter school grants
- > Aug 12, 11:00 AM: These grants are for start-up and expansion costs, and replication grants for existing schools, part of a $46 million federal public charter school grant the state’s education department was awarded in a competitive grant
- Jersey City charter school one of two in the state to receive Lighthouse Award from NJ DOE
- > Aug 11, 10:05 AM: This award recognizes district and charter schools that have demonstrated measurable progress towards equitable outcomes in areas such as increasing post-secondary enrollment, diversity in the teacher workforce, course
- NH school boards watching closely as Learn Everywhere gets rolling
- > Aug 9, 3:02 PM: The Dubeys’ Kumon schools are among the first participants in New Hampshire’s new Learn Everywhere program, a new state venture that allows public school students to sign up for approved programs outside of the classroom
- Bow, Dunbarton to host microschool ‘learning pods’
- > Aug 6, 12:46 PM: Elementary and middle school students in Bow and Dunbarton school districts will have the opportunity to try a new type of learning this fall, in small group “pods,” run by a microschool company.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Dartmouth 83%
- Portsmouth Herald - Online 67%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Berlin Daily Sun 33%
- Union Leader 39%