- Denver board approves charter school centering Black students
After the state ordered Denver to reconsider a charter school centering Black students and culture, the Denver school board Thursday approved the school to open next fall.
Sep 23, 7:29 AM:
- What to know about the proposed public charter school in Carmel
A proposed public charter school in Carmel, the potential first K-8 charter school in Hamilton County, has been met with support and pushback from community members and stakeholders.
Sep 23, 7:24 AM:
- COVID relief money helps Colorado schools pay for math and reading curriculum
State officials announced Wednesday that 42 districts and 28 charter schools will receive grants to purchase reading curriculum for early elementary grades and math curriculum for elementary and middle school.
Sep 22, 9:13 AM:
- ‘A wonderful journey’: This Staten Island charter school is receiving $10K in arts fundi
With construction of a new building on track to provide more seats for students at Hellenic Classical Charter School in Bulls Head, Borough President Vito Fossella announced more than $10,000 in arts funding to the school on >
Sep 22, 9:08 AM:
- KIPP Indy’s first graduation will mark historic moment for neighborhood
KIPP Indy’s Class of 2023 will be the first to graduate from the school, which is in Indianapolis’ Martindale-Brightwood neighborhood, a historically working-class Black area of the city.
Sep 22, 9:03 AM:
- University Charter School’s BrewCS recognized, to be contender for governor’s excellence award
University Charter School (UCS) in Livingston was recognized as Work-Based Learning Regional Best Practice model and will be a contender for the Second Annual Governor's Work-Based Learning Seal of Excellence Award.
Sep 22, 8:59 AM:
- New Excel Academy launches for students in CF, NP, Providence
Leaders said Excel brings 20 years of experience running high-quality schools and prioritizing a rigorous and inclusive approach.
Sep 21, 10:11 AM:
- Six Philly-area schools named Blue Ribbon winners by the U.S. Department of Education
Last year, seven local schools won the honor. Schools can be recognized either for overall academic excellence or for stellar progress in closing achievement gaps among students.
Sep 20, 9:46 AM:
- California poll finds parents leaving traditional public for charter schools
More than one in four California parents have switched their child’s school during the pandemic with most transferring from traditional public to charter schools, according to the 2022 PACE/USC Rossier Poll.
Sep 20, 9:42 AM:
- 3 Bronx charters named National Blue Ribbon Schools
Only three New York City public schools made this year’s list of National Blue Ribbon Schools, and all were charter schools located in the Bronx, according to the U.S. Department of Education’s picks released Friday. >
Sep 20, 9:30 AM:
- Orange County Board of Ed to hold special forum on charter schools
The Orange County Board of Education, tasked with supporting public schools, is hosting a forum on a specific type of institution: charters.
Sep 20, 9:23 AM:
- Global Learning has big plans as New Bedford’s first charter school marks 20 years
The opening of school this year officially marked two decades since Global Learning Charter Public School opened its doors with ambitions of offering a unique educational experience unlike anything New Bedford — or much of the >
Sep 19, 10:01 AM:
- Great Oaks Legacy Charter School welcomes new middle school building in Newark
On Wednesday, the middle school students and staff welcomed dozens of community members and education professionals to the ribbon-cutting of the new 32,000-square-foot facility in the West Ward and celebrated the completion of >
Sep 15, 7:08 AM:
- New charter school may be coming to Panama Buena Vista district
The issue of opening charter schools has been at the forefront of the education debate in Kern County for years, but it’s still a fairly new concept that leaves people on both sids of the aisle at odds.
Sep 15, 7:06 AM:
- New Tri-State public charter schools open; still accepting students for 2022-2023 school year
Two new public charter schools are now open in the Cincinnati area, and schools are still accepting students for the 2022-2023 school year.
Sep 15, 6:54 AM:
- Leland charter school petitions US Supreme Court in continued dress code battle
A Brunswick County charter school is petitioning the US Supreme Court to reconsider a ruling that its dress code violated the constitutional rights of its female pupils.
Sep 14, 5:14 AM:
- Charlotte parents are choosing charter schools. What’s required to enroll your child
More Charlotte parents are choosing charter schools in favor of traditional public schools. In Mecklenburg County, charter school enrollment continues to grow, while numbers have declined in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools since >
Sep 14, 5:12 AM:
- Colorado Supreme Court to hear cases on charter schools, for-profit college
The Colorado Supreme Court has agreed to hear three cases implicating the government's ability to deny applications for charter schools and for Good Samaritans to receive compensation for injuries they suffer during a rescue. >
Sep 12, 10:29 AM:
- Amid numerous teacher strikes, one Seattle charter reveals how their ship is sailing smoothly
With enrollment dropping and teachers striking across the Puget Sound, some schools are avoiding these problems, including Impact charter school Seattle Salish Sea Elementary.
Sep 12, 10:22 AM:
- Sen. Scott leads effort to protect charter schools
U.S. Senator Tim Scott (R-S.C.) led 21 colleagues in introducing Congressional Review Act (CRA) legislation to nullify the Biden administration’s new rules adding burdensome requirements to charter schools seeking funding. >
Sep 12, 10:20 AM: