- Masks can now come off inside L.A. Unified classrooms
- Mar 23, 6:25 AM: Teachers and students on Wednesday will be able to see an unaccustomed sight inside Los Angeles school district classrooms: smiles.<
- Charter schools must share in referendum funding, court rules
- Mar 23, 6:18 AM: Florida’s 3rd District Court of Appeals ruled last week that Miami-Dade County charter schools are indeed eligible for funding approved through a 2018 voter-approved public school system referendum.
- Upstate charter school offers unique experience
- Mar 23, 6:15 AM: Is your child interested in learning a second language? A Greenville charter school is offering something that’s rare in South Carolina and enrollment is open for next year.
- Metro school board members debate new policy on state oversight of charter schools
- Mar 23, 6:10 AM: Changes proposed to the board's policy around charter school applications would waive the board's right to "exercise its legal option" to become an authorizer of such a school, according to district documents.
- Here are the three finalists for New Orleans public schools superintendent
- Mar 23, 6:06 AM: After more than four hours of private discussion, the Orleans Parish School Board picked three finalists Tuesday night for superintendent of schools: Marshall Tuck, Avis Williams and André Wright.
- Freire Charter School withdraws application for Newark campus
- > Mar 23, 6:04 AM: "As we withdraw our application today, we ask that you join us in realigning so that the 'us' versus 'them' feeling dissolves and we can work together to provide the strongest education possible for every Delaware student,” Nate
- Are Philly schools’ 2022-23 budgets a ‘massacre’ or advancing equity?
- Mar 23, 5:54 AM: Some schools will lose multiple positions next year, and the principals' union is furious. But the district says it's a re-allocation of resources and a $170 million budget increase.
- School on Wheels offers tutors with special focus on kids experiencing homelessness
- Mar 23, 5:47 AM: School on Wheels comes to schools where there are students experiencing homelessness. They hold 45-minute sessions with the student to offer individualized tutoring.
- Mayor Wu urges state education board against Boston Public Schools takeover
- > Mar 23, 5:40 AM: Just four months into her term, Mayor Michelle Wu found herself Tuesday launching a defense against a possible state takeover of Boston Public Schools, becoming the first sitting Boston mayor in recent memory to speak before the
- Sacramento families scramble to find where to leave their kids ahead of teachers strike
- > Mar 23, 5:32 AM: With Sacramento City Unified School District teachers and other staff members officially going on strike starting Wednesday, thousands of parents across Sacramento have had to scramble to make arrangements for where to leave their
- Eric Adams makes picks with charter ties for schools governance panel
- > Mar 23, 5:19 AM: Mayor Eric Adams appointed a top charter school administrator and a slew of close allies to the Department of Education’s oversight board Tuesday to a mixed response. While proponents of school choice welcomed several of the new
- JCPS envisions streamlined 'choice zones' in student assignment proposal
- Mar 23, 5:12 AM: Jefferson County Public Schools unveiled a proposed overhaul of its complex student assignment plan, which aims to deliver more options for families in and near west Louisville.
- GOP candidates, including two former teachers, slam Minneapolis teachers union as strike enters eleventh day
- Mar 22, 9:07 AM: Republican candidates slammed the Minneapolis teachers union's "excessive demands" as the teacher strike extended into its eleventh day on Tuesday.
- 73% of voters in L.A. Unified do not believe every neighborhood has a good school, poll says
- > Mar 22, 8:46 AM: Seven in 10 voters do not believe that every neighborhood in Los Angeles Unified School District has a good school — and an even higher number believes that a digital divide is holding back students from access to full educational
- Oregon's largest school districts to continue offering online learning option next year
- Mar 22, 8:36 AM: Administrators with Salem-Keizer Public Schools' EDGE online program say some students are finding success through online school
- No deal struck in Monday negotiation as Sacramento teachers strike looms
A looming teachers strike that would impact 43,000 Sacramento students and their families is another day closer. After returning to the bargaining table on Monday for hours of discussion, a deal has not been reached between the >
Mar 22, 8:27 AM:
- Opinion: Miami Tech Charter School Answers Need for Talent
- Mar 22, 8:19 AM: An editorial co-written by the mayor of Miami and a former governor of Florida praises work by the city and Miami Dade College to launch a tech-focused charter school amid the burgeoning tech industry there.
- ‘Everything on the table’ as IPS addresses enrollment decline and too many schools
- > Mar 22, 8:16 AM: Nearly $500 million in improvements, repairs and other deferred maintenance is needed to fix these and other school buildings, according to a recent analysis the district commissioned. The analysis also found the district has the
- Polaris Tech: State approves charter school's expansion Jasper County Sun Times 0:00 1:00 Polaris Tech Charter School said it has gotten state approval to add kindergarten through fourth grade classes starting in 2023. The State Charter Sch
- Mar 22, 8:07 AM: The State Charter School Board of Directors authorized the Ridgeland school to serve an additional 250 students, adding to its current enrollment of 300 in fifth through 12th grades, a news release said.
- Charter school changes target opening date, looks to resubmit petition
- > Mar 22, 6:28 AM: A charter school group seeking a first-of-its-kind approval from the Bakersfield City School District’s governing board temporarily withdrew its petition, school officials confirmed Monday, announcing new plans with hopes of opening