- Montgomery students are meeting literacy expectations but are behind in math
Montgomery County students met the school system’s performance target in reading but fell short of goals in math for the last school year, according to academic data shared with the school board Thursday.
Sep 23, 7:34 AM:
- Lynchburg schools administrators share plan to improve academic achievement
After the recent release of Standards of Learning (SOL) scores across the commonwealth, Lynchburg City School officials have rolled out a plan to improve academic achievement in light of the school division’s passing rates. >
Sep 22, 9:01 AM:
- University Charter School's BrewCS recognized, to be contender for governor's excellence award
University Charter School (UCS) in Livingston was recognized as Work-Based Learning Regional Best Practice model and will be a contender for the Second Annual Governor's Work-Based Learning Seal of Excellence Award.
Sep 22, 8:59 AM:
- Kentucky lawmakers explore expanding KEES money for homeschool students
Lawmakers are actively considering a proposal to allow homeschooled children to receive the same amount of KEES money traditional students can earn.
Sep 21, 10:14 AM:
- Excellence in education
Between grappling with the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on educational growth, many administrators and teachers alike have been trying not to fall too far behind.
Multiple schools in the Lebanon Special School District >
Sep 21, 9:47 AM:
- Early College High School receives National Blue Ribbon School honor
Early College High School at Midland College has been named a National Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education.
Sep 20, 9:20 AM:
- Majority of Texas voters favor school voucher programs, DMN/UT-Tyler poll finds
Most Texas voters want voucher-like programs that allow state funding to be used to send children to private schools, according to a new poll from The Dallas Morning News and the University of Texas at Tyler.
Sep 19, 10:06 AM:
- Public school enrollment up in Miami-Dade this year
Miami-Dade County Public Schools leads the tri-county area in school enrollment totals this year.
Sep 19, 9:59 AM:
- Youngkin wants to fund lab schools at private colleges
Virginia allotted $100 million earlier this year to launch college partnership laboratory schools throughout the state. While the budget language limits recipients of the funds to public colleges, Secretary of Education Aimee >
Sep 15, 7:16 AM:
- Homeschooling growth continues following pandemic
Likely sparked by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, the trend of parents and families entering into the homeschooling arena continues to grow as an alternative form of education.
Sep 15, 6:56 AM:
- Berkeley County School District SC Ready scores show achievement gap
"The results, while concerning, were not really surprising, unfortunately," said the Superintendent at Berkeley County School District.
Sep 15, 6:48 AM:
- Leland charter school petitions US Supreme Court in continued dress code battle
A Brunswick County charter school is petitioning the US Supreme Court to reconsider a ruling that its dress code violated the constitutional rights of its female pupils.
Sep 14, 5:14 AM:
- Charlotte parents are choosing charter schools. What’s required to enroll your child
More Charlotte parents are choosing charter schools in favor of traditional public schools. In Mecklenburg County, charter school enrollment continues to grow, while numbers have declined in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools since the >
Sep 14, 5:12 AM:
- DC community leaders asking tutors to help students catch up after pandemic learning loss
The return to class this fall comes with concerns that students have lost a lot of information since the pandemic.
School and community members both believe that tutoring and mentoring are ways that can help students make the >
Sep 14, 5:06 AM:
- Public School Withdrawals to Homeschool Rise 40%
According to the most recent data released by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) in an open records request to the Texas Home School Coalition (THSC), withdrawals from public school to homeschool in the spring of 2021 were 40% up >
Sep 14, 5:04 AM:
- New Hybrid School In Mustang Offers Students, Parents Learning Opportunities
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, many families have turned their homes into classrooms due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sep 14, 5:00 AM:
- Edgecombe charter school earns high state ranking
North East Carolina Prep School scored in the top 3 percent of the 2,523 schools in North Carolina, according to the state Department of Public Instruction’s 2021-22 Performance and Growth Report released on Sept. 1.
Sep 14, 4:54 AM:
- As more families switch their kids to private school, one Boone County mom explains why she did
A northern Kentucky parent provided a different perspective on a recent study showing more Kentucky families are turning to non public education for their kids.
Sep 12, 10:25 AM:
- Small Kanawha charter school, big Berkeley one, apply to state board to open
West Virginia’s charter school approval board didn’t receive many proposals for new schools by last Wednesday’s application deadline to open next year.
Only one applied to open next fall: the 30-student maximum nursing charter >
Sep 7, 9:55 AM:
- N.O. 500 Survey: What’s Working and What Isn’t at NOLA Public Schools?
As part of her 100-day plan, new NOLA Public Schools Superintendent Avis Williams has been asking members of the community what they think is working in the city’s schools and what needs to change. We posed the question to members >
Aug 12, 10:03 AM: