- Betsy DeVos: Our nation's Report Card is in, and it's bad. All students need education freedom right now
- Oct 22, 9:32 AM: Much has been written about the catastrophic learning losses during the pandemic caused by the unnecessary, union-driven school lockdowns.
- Why local school board elections are so important
- > Oct 22, 9:31 AM: Thousands of school board elections are taking place in November. Even more will take place in the spring. And something new is happening. Parents are waking up to the fact that school boards work for them, not the other way around.
- Opinion: School Spending Up, Test Scores Down
- > Oct 22, 9:30 AM: Thirteen-year-old children in American public schools were not quite as good at math and reading in 2019 and 2020 as they were in 2012. This is despite the fact that American taxpayers invested more money per pupil in the nation’s
- Commentary: The problem with ranking schools
- Oct 22, 9:28 AM: We keep trying to assess schools quantitatively, instead of grappling with the deeper problems plaguing education.
- National, state polls indicate widespread support for public, private school scholarships
- Oct 21, 9:03 AM: A majority of U.S. citizens favor some sort of scholarship program that would offer tax credits for individuals and businesses to assist low-income, special needs and minority students attend either public or private schools.
- Teachers unions influenced last-minute CDC school guidance, received copies before public release, emails show
The latest batch of emails shows a last-minute press by teachers union officials to rewrite school guidance hours before their publication.
Oct 21, 9:00 AM:
- Study: Dem-backed bill could slash charter school student funding
- Oct 21, 8:59 AM: The bill would eliminate all federal funding for charter schools that contract with for-profit organizations.
- New Study Shows Reading Remediation in Middle School Led More Students to Attend College and Earn Degrees
College remediation has earned a bad reputation over the past few years. Hopeful students spend billions of dollars annually to review material they should have mastered in high school, and a huge number never completethe >
Oct 21, 8:58 AM:
- Editorial: Even pre-pandemic, kids’ test scores sag
- > Oct 21, 8:56 AM: The test results show that going “back to normal” after the pandemic isn’t going to cut it. Schools need the extra funding the American Rescue Plan is bringing in, but that funding has to be targeted in ways that
- Empowering Parents With More and Better Schools — Guidelines for Expanding Private School Choice Programs, and Making Them Accountable
On one level, it is reasonable to condition private schools’ participation in parental-choice programs on some level of government oversight. But for what should private schools be held accountable.
Oct 21, 8:55 AM:
- Is There a Lack of Diversity in Private Schools?
- > Oct 21, 8:37 AM: As millions of people took to the streets last year to protest for racial justice across America, Black students began to relay stories about what they experience in private schools on a popular Philadelphia-area platform called
- White House Says Covid-19 Vaccine for Children 5-11 Will Be at Schools, Pediatric Offices Once Authorized
- Oct 20, 9:36 AM: Biden administration says it has procured enough doses to inoculate the nation’s children if and when it is cleared for use
- Teachers unions spin alternative facts over pandemic school closures
- > Oct 20, 9:35 AM: Class is now in session across the country. It’s a breath of fresh air after more than a year of students and parents struggling through remote learning. Teachers unions are now weaving a web of alternative facts to portray
- Understanding Charter Schools vs. Public Schools
- Oct 20, 9:33 AM: As recently as a few decades ago, parents using the public school system had little choice where to send their children to school.
- Students, not teachers unions, should be at the center of education
- Oct 20, 9:32 AM: We need a new era of education — one that puts students before bureaucracy.
- National School Boards Association rocked by state members after call for crackdown on parents
- > Oct 20, 9:31 AM: Nearly 20 state school board associations broke ties with or distanced themselves from the National School Boards Association after it asked President Biden to target parent protests at school boards with federal “domestic
- Biden: Teachers ‘most consequential’ people after parents
- > Oct 19, 9:37 AM: President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden hosted a White House ceremony Monday to recognize the 2021 and 2020 national teachers of the year, the state teacher finalists for those years and teachers nationwide, all of whom had to
- Commentary: School Choice’s Antiracist History
- > Oct 19, 9:36 AM: Is the school choice movement historically tainted by racism? American Federation of Teachers boss Randi Weingarten described vouchers in 2017 as “slightly more polite cousins of segregation.” Historian Nancy MacLean recently
- Five ways we can put aside partisan politics and think big on education
- > Oct 19, 9:35 AM: Nothing brings political opponents together quite like a shared goal — and no goal is more universally agreed-upon than offering high-quality education to every child in America. Unfortunately, when it comes to education, we are
- School amid the pandemic is 'a tale of two countries,' teachers union boss says
- > Oct 19, 9:28 AM: Schools across the country have reopened with many students returning to their classrooms after a year of remote learning amid the coronavirus pandemic. Unfortunately, however, reopening hasn't been entirely smooth