- A look back: Casper considers a charter school
- > Dec 28, 6:44 AM: Natrona County School District officials spent months in 2015 considering whether to allow a charter school in Casper. It would have been the city's first such school, but concerns about organization and local support
- NCSD board denies charter school application; founders plan appeal (CER in the news)
- Oct 1, 8:12 AM: The Natrona County School District voted unanimously Monday evening against opening a charter school in Casper.
- NCSD board denies charter school application; founders plan appeal
The Natrona County School District voted unanimously Monday evening against opening a charter school in Casper.
Sep 29, 5:55 AM:
- Dozens show up to support proposed Casper charter school
- Aug 26, 7:19 AM: A long line of parents implored Natrona County School District trustees at a public hearing earlier this week to bring The Guild Charter School to Casper.
- State Board denies charter school Cheyenne exemption request
- Aug 10, 6:58 AM: The Wyoming State Board of Education last week denied a charter school's application for exemption from laws related to attendance and teacher employment.
- State Board of Education denies waivers for Poder
- Aug 7, 7:03 AM: In a special meeting Thursday morning, the Wyoming State Board of Education denied requests from the Poder Academy for multiple waivers of state education statutes.
- Natrona County charter school application heads to the finish line
WY charter school awaits approval after a long year of effort. Describes the school and helps reader understand the setting of the district, while including voices of the community. Doesn't draw any conclusions, but is >
Jul 22, 5:43 AM:
- Wyoming education task force addresses distance learning challenges
- > Jun 26, 6:40 AM: Wyoming school officials Wednesday and Thursday continued to wrestle with problems vexing the state's distance education programs, with the goal of crafting a solution to present to lawmakers during the next legislative
- Cheyenne district renews Poder Academy charter
- Jun 1, 9:07 AM: Members of the Laramie County School District 1 board of trustees voted 7-0 to renew the school's charter application during a review session on Thursday.
- Poder seeks to renew charter
- > May 26, 6:39 AM: Cheyenne's first charter school is seeking to continue operations. The Poder Academy public charter school opened in the fall of 2012 and has reached the end of its original three-year charter, school CEO and founder
- District: Application for Natrona County's first charter school needs some work
- Apr 1, 6:53 AM: The grassroots push to bring a charter school to Natrona County may need some extra steam to make it through the next step of the application process.
- For online students, Wyoming testing can be more of a haul
- Mar 26, 7:22 AM: When it comes to taking the statewide exam, most Wyoming students don't have to think about traveling.
- Casper charter school proponents deliver application to school board (CER in the news)
- Feb 25, 10:07 AM: The Guild Charter School would be another option for K-8 Casper students who want a challenging learning environment. It would offer individualized learning programs and a unique curriculum, Leary said.
- Paving different paths to success
- > Feb 2, 8:38 AM: The goal of the week, and Friday's event, was to raise awareness on the importance of offering parents school choices like online schools or charter schools, organizer and director of the Wyoming Chapter of Public School
- School districts might stop reviewing charter applications
- > Jan 7, 7:13 AM: Who reviews applications for new charter schools in Wyoming could change. Currently, local school districts review applications. But a bill in the works by state Rep. Sue Wilson, R-Cheyenne, is looking to alter that.
- Casper parents eye charter school for high-achieving kids (CER in the news)
A group of Casper parents is seeking a charter school to meet the needs of high-achieving students who they say are not being challenged in today's public school system.
Oct 6, 7:21 AM:
- GOP superintendent candidates took their kids out of public schools
- Aug 13, 10:30 AM: The three Republican candidates who want to lead the Wyoming Department of Education all took their children out of public schools at some point.
- Editorial: State superintendent hopefuls fall short
- > Aug 11, 5:47 AM: The issue: Three candidates are pursuing the Republican nomination for state superintendent of public instruction in the Aug. 19 primary. We believe: Unfortunately, none of them offer the kind of ideas that would reform
- State grants help distance education in Wyoming
A state grant of about $250,000 will help two community colleges and four school districts, including Natrona County, improve virtual distance education programs throughout Wyoming.
Jul 24, 7:18 AM:
- Wyoming will seek part of No Child Left Behind waiver
- May 29, 5:42 AM: The Wyoming Department of Education plans to ask for relief from one element of the federal No Child Left Behind Act, the agency said in a release Wednesday.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Powell Tribune 83%
- Wyoming Tribune-Eagle - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- LaramieBoomerang.com 17%
- Jackson Hole Daily - Online 33%