- Charter school discussion continues
- > Aug 4, 6:29 AM: The school is envisioned to operate from the Severson Learning Center, the Cambridge Area School District’s 82-acre school farm on Oakland Road in the town of Christiana. Cambridge Superintendent Bernie Nikolay and
- Request for proposals open for Wisconsin's first recovery charter school
- Aug 4, 6:27 AM: On Wednesday, the Office of Educational Opportunity released its request for proposals for a recovery charter school slated to open in Wisconsin in fall 2018.
- Madison charter school proposals now being accepted by state office
- > Aug 3, 6:12 AM: A state request for proposals was published Tuesday that lays out a clear and detailed process for getting an independent charter school open for students to attend in Madison or Milwaukee as early as fall 2018 or fall
- On course for Sept. 1: La Casa's new $6.5M charter school promises to bridge achievement gap
- Aug 1, 6:35 AM: School children, especially those of low-income and minority populations, will have a new educational launch pad here when La Casa de Esperanza opens its $6.5 million charter school on Sept. 1.
- Madison School Board delays vote on Montessori charter school contract
- > Aug 1, 5:27 AM: Over concerns on a handful of issues, the board voted to refer a five-year contract to bring the tuition-based, private Isthmus Montessori Academy (IMA) into the school district next year as a public, tuition-free school
- MPS Targets Racial Achievement Gap
- > Jul 27, 5:29 AM: In an effort to address deep achievement gaps for young men of color in Milwaukee Public Schools, the school district recently created a department that will be specifically tasked with improving those outcomes.
- School districts would pay for large share of vouchers under plan, fiscal bureau says
- > Jul 26, 5:45 AM: A budget plan proposed by Senate Republicans would increase funding for the state's three main private school voucher programs by nearly $60 million over the next two years, according to an analysis by the Legislative
- Local private school supports bill requiring employee background checks
- Jul 21, 7:06 AM: Governor Walker has signed legislation that requires private schools in Wisconsin’s voucher program to conduct employee background checks.
- Charter, virtual schools could expand statewide under Senate GOP budget
- Jul 20, 7:42 AM: The number of independent charter and private virtual schools in Wisconsin could expand under the new state budget proposal put forward by Senate Republicans this week.
- New H.O.P.E. laws create recovery charter school, more rural addiction centers
- > Jul 18, 7:44 AM: The agenda has been a mission for Republican Rep. John Nygren of Marinette. Nygren's daughter has struggled with heroin addiction. He says Wisconsin has made a lot of progress, but there is still a long way to go.
- These Suburban Moms Are The Force Behind Milwaukee's Newest Charter School
- > Jul 14, 6:36 AM: Charter schools of all shapes and sizes populate a sizeable chunk of Milwaukee’s education scene. But this year, only one new charter is joining the field: Pathways High School. Chartered by UW-Milwaukee, Pathways’ mission
- Push to give school vouchers to middle-income families hits wall
- Jul 12, 5:16 AM: A proposal to expand the number of private school vouchers in Wisconsin isn’t gaining traction with some Republican lawmakers who have previously backed expanding school choice.
- Betsy DeVos and school choice: helping or hurting racial education disparities?
- Jul 10, 7:38 AM: Wisconsin has some of the worst racial achievement disparities in the nation, and Madison has seen plenty of debate over the best ways to narrow the gap.
- Andrews Academy gets another opportunity
- Jun 29, 6:37 AM: The School District of Beloit Board of Education voted unanimously Tuesday to give a one-year extension to Roy Chapman Andrews Academy (RCAA).
- Teacher Shortage, Vouchers, Top Concerns: Martin
- Jun 26, 7:58 AM: The nation's teachers gather this week in Boston for their annual meeting and a Wisconsin delegate says there are four key areas under discussion.
- Assembly to vote on voucher school background checks
- Jun 21, 8:00 AM: The state Assembly is expected to pass a bill that would require Wisconsin private voucher schools to conduct employee background checks.
- Portage group tackles school vouchers in town hall
- Jun 20, 6:32 AM: School leaders and community members took a deeper dive into the issue of private-school vouchers at the second “Making a Difference” town hall meeting at Portage Public Library.
- La Crosse area educators weigh in on Wisconsin's ESSA plan
- > Jun 20, 5:53 AM: According to the draft plan, Wisconsin will add chronic student absenteeism — students missing several days of school throughout the year — to its accountability indicators, which will be used to determine which schools
- Wisconsin lawmakers fast track catch-all school-choice bill
- > Jun 14, 5:41 AM: A school choice bill on a fast track in the Legislature would eliminate some accountability requirements for private schools in the state-funded voucher programs, including those that dictate standards for meeting average
- Changes to voucher program on fast track for Senate vote
- Jun 9, 5:23 AM: A bipartisan bill introduced this week aimed at making the state's K-12 voucher program more appealing to private schools is on a fast track to be voted on by the Senate next week.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Daily Tribune 100%
- WMSN-ITV 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- WFRV-TV - Online 17%
- fdlreporter.com 17%