- Nearly 300 Kenosha teachers report absent Monday, forcing 7 schools to transition to online learning
- Sep 22, 6:30 AM: The Kenosha school district is transitioning to online learning at seven middle and high schools after 276 teachers reported absent Monday.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Blocks Dane County's School Restrictions As COVID-19 Cases Spike
- Sep 11, 5:36 AM: The ruling was a victory for the coalition of private religious schools that challenged the order, who can now begin in-person instruction immediately.
- Private schools, parents ask Supreme Court to block Dane County health order that limits in-person classes
- Sep 8, 5:19 AM: Some religious schools and parents of children who attend them have asked the state Supreme Court to block a Dane County emergency health order that sharply limits in-person education.
- DPI: almost 2,700 more students applying to switch school districts than last year
- > Sep 4, 7:45 AM: According to Wisconsin's Department of Public Instruction, 2,692 more students than last year have applied to change school districts under the Alternative Open Enrollment period from July 1 to August 13, 2020.
- Bill would allow students to switch districts if their school only offers virtual learning
- Aug 28, 6:00 AM: Giving parents flexibility on where their children go to school during the COVID-19 pandemic is the goal behind a new bill at the state Capitol.
- Parents, private schools ask state Supreme Court to toss order limiting in-person school
- > Aug 27, 6:14 AM: A group of parents and private religious schools is asking the Wisconsin Supreme Court to void a Dane County order barring in-person school for most students, saying the order issued in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Private schools push back against Dane County schools order; legal challenges expected
- > Aug 25, 5:26 AM: Private schools in Dane County are pushing back — including weighing a potential lawsuit — against an order from the local health department that suspends most in-person instruction for the start of the new school year
- Appleton virtual charter school's enrollment nearly doubles ahead of 2020-21 school year
- > Aug 24, 7:28 AM: The online charter school in Appleton has seen its student body increase from just over 500 students last year to more than 1,000. Wisconsin Connections Academy Principal Michelle Mueller said the COVID-19 pandemic is
- Commentary: School vouchers, Black Lives Matter and democracy
- > Aug 18, 7:47 AM: Under Wisconsin’s voucher programs, billions of taxpayer dollars have been funneled into private schools that do not have to abide by basic antidiscrimination measures governing all Wisconsin public schools. To put it
- Milestone Democratic, a cutting-edge school designed by youth for youth, set to launch in Madison
- > Aug 11, 7:15 AM: Milestone has been designed by youth – the majority of them African American and Latino – for youth. Milestone Democratic School’s youth design team, made up of students ages 12-20, makes all decisions about what the
- Local ‘hands-on’ charter school gets creative with their plans for virtual school in fall
- > Aug 4, 6:34 AM: A charter middle school in La Crosse that basis much of its learning on hands-on experience is having to adapt to the upcoming changes to the school year. La Crosse Polytechnic, formerly known as the La Crosse Design
- The CARES Act Allocated Funding For Schools. Who's Getting It, And How?
- > Aug 3, 6:30 AM: More than $321,000 to print emergency curriculum materials and booklets; $142,000 for hand sanitizer; nearly $28,000 for Wi-Fi hotspots; a $2 million contract for disposable masks in child and adult sizes; a $1.2 million
- Some private Milwaukee schools to attempt re-opening in-person
- > Aug 3, 5:33 AM: Milwaukee has entered a new phase of reopening during the COVID-19 pandemic, phase 4.1. The biggest difference in this new phase is the requirement for safety plans. Schools and businesses now need them if they either want
- Independent Madison charter Milestone Democratic School designed 'by youth, for youth'
- Jul 27, 7:30 AM: Amid a pandemic upending the public education system, a new independent charter school is launching in Madison with its own twist on traditional schooling: Let students design the school from the ground up.
- Virtual Contractors And Charter Schools Are Bracing For Higher Demand, But Limited Internet Remains A Barrier
- > Jul 24, 7:13 AM: Wisconsin Virtual Academy, a charter school under the MacFarland School District that serves students around the state, has upped their trainings in anticipation of more families seeking a virtual-first option.
- ‘It’s what we do’: Online charter school plans for enrollment increase
- Jul 23, 7:30 AM: As many public school districts figure out how best to provide students with virtual learning this fall, a state online charter school said it’s planning for a likely increase in enrollment.
- Milwaukee schools with approved plans will be allowed to reopen this fall
- Jul 22, 6:16 AM: Schools in the city of Milwaukee that have approved plans will be allowed to reopen in the fall under a new order the city's Health Department expects to issue either this week or next.
- State's 5 Largest Teachers Unions Call For Online School
- > Jul 21, 6:16 AM: Teachers unions for Wisconsin’s five largest school districts are asking Gov. Tony Evers and the state’s top health and education officials to keep schools closed at the start of the year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Milwaukee private schools thought they could offer in-person classes but now can't; 40K students await answers
- Jul 21, 6:03 AM: Milwaukee private schools thought they could offer in-person classes but now can't; 40K students await answers.
- Madison teachers union call for all-virtual school in the fall
- > Jul 17, 7:19 AM: With cases continuing to rise, and just a month and a half left before school starts in Madison, the Madison teacher's union is calling for school to go all virtual for at least half of the first semester.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Daily Tribune 100%
- WMSN-ITV 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- WFRV-TV - Online 17%
- fdlreporter.com 17%