- By one vote, Racine Unified School Board rejects new charter school contract
- Feb 25, 7:58 AM: A charter school in the works for more than three years may not come to fruition, at least for the upcoming school year.
- Deborah Kerr and Jill Underly advance in state superintendent race
- Feb 17, 7:07 AM: Deborah Kerr and Jill Underly have advanced out of the seven-person primary race to become the next state superintendent of public instruction.
- Proposed Racine charter school still doesn't have location, even after RUSD administration was told to find one
- > Feb 8, 7:38 AM: After a review by the Racine Unified School District of its facilities, it was determined there are no usable spaces for Racine Scholars Academy. The review was presented to the Racine Unified School Board at its work
- Enrollment is open for the Wisconsin private school choice program, sparking debate
- Feb 3, 6:43 AM: Parents have more choices than ever when deciding where to send their kids to school. A growing number of private schools have registered for Wisconsin’s school choice program.
- Lincoln Academy adds another grade and 50 more slots for students
- > Jan 20, 7:54 AM: The Leadership team at the Lincoln Academy recently got a tour of the school which is under construction. The new school will take 4K through second graders and sixth through ninth grades in its first year which starts
- Letter: Keep virtual school choice an option
- Jan 12, 6:44 AM: Even before the pandemic, my wife and I were considering a switch to an online school for our children. Now, COVID-19 is proving that school choice is more important than ever.
- Opinion: Supporting school choice
- > Jan 11, 6:26 AM: As a parent whose children have attended an online school for eight years, I want to share my personal experience and remind other families that they have school choice in Wisconsin. A very important choice, as COVID-19
- 7 candidates vying for the state's top education position emphasize COVID recovery during forum
- > Jan 8, 6:32 AM: Seven state superintendent candidates faced off Thursday, in the first online forum ahead of a Feb. 16 primary, on issues such as learning amid the COVID-19 pandemic and how to rectify inequities in public education.
- Column: Teachers union accuses city Health Department of giving 'special access' to private schools during pandemic
- Dec 31, 6:49 AM: As the city was finishing work on a guide for reopening schools in the fall, a small group of charter and private school leaders sat down with health officials to raise concerns with a key section.
- Divided school board votes to continue pursuing charter school despite budget concerns
- Dec 28, 8:29 AM: The Racine Unified School Board, by a 5-4 vote Monday, has overruled members of RUSD’s administration and directed them to continue trying to identify a location for a proposed charter school.
- Battle for in-person learning escalates in Wisconsin amid COVID-19 pandemic
- > Dec 28, 7:45 AM: A group marches from Middleton High School to the Middleton-Cross Plains District Services Center in support of an option for in-person school on Dec. 21. Parents across the state have urged schools to resume in-person
- Closer look at fall enrollment shows decrease in public schools, increase in charter schools
- Dec 23, 7:32 AM: A recent study completed by Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty shows school districts across the state saw a dramatic decline in fall enrollment as educators navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Group aiming to set up new charter school in Racine pushes RUSD School Board to choose a location
- > Dec 21, 8:17 AM: With a February deadline at the forefront of organizers’ minds, a group is pushing the Racine Unified School Board to take the next steps in what has been a three-year project to create a new charter school in Racine.
- RUSD says it doesn't have resources to pay parents of students taught virtually, as GOP leaders want it to do
- > Dec 16, 7:58 AM: The proposed requirement for school districts to pay parents, if their students have received more than 50% of their instruction virtually this year, was introduced in the Wisconsin Assembly Dec. 1 as part of a COVID-19
- Home school parents have some tips for school districts and parents on how to improve virtual instruction
- > Dec 16, 7:01 AM: With more school districts switching to virtual learning because of COVID-19, and many encountering challenges with the transition, parents whose children have been doing virtual learning from home since before the
- Federal data show no link between student spending, student achievement
- Dec 8, 8:32 AM: The latest snapshot of school spending in Wisconsin does not show that spending more results in better grades or test scores.
- WI Republican leaders propose sending $371 to parents of students learning virtually
- > Dec 8, 6:34 AM: Republican leaders in the state legislature unveiled several proposals that are a part of their COVID-19 relief plan on Monday. One of which would give parents of students who are learning virtually $371 each.
- Commentary: Teachers’ unions wanting to close private schools doesn’t mean they have the safety and health of poor Black children in mind!
- > Dec 4, 7:05 AM: Why is the state teacher’s union lobbying Governor Tony Evers to close private and charter schools offering in-person education, even though the union has no control or vested interest over those educational
- As Wisconsin Teachers' Unions Call For Statewide Shutdown Criteria, Evers Doubles Down On Local Control
- > Nov 23, 7:28 AM: The state's largest teacher's union is asking the Wisconsin Department of Health Services to set specific COVID-19 benchmarks that would dictate when schools across the state should close their doors.
- Conservative Group Sues To Stop Racine From Closing Private Schools Due To COVID-19
The conservative advocacy group Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty filed a lawsuit Thursday to stop Racine from closing schools.
Nov 20, 7:36 AM:
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Daily Tribune 100%
- WMSN-ITV 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- WFRV-TV - Online 17%
- fdlreporter.com 17%