- Portable classrooms or renovated barn? School board eyes charter school building options
- > Jan 19, 6:42 AM: The board discussed the barn renovation idea at length Monday night, after board member Michael Huffman said he’d run some very preliminary numbers that show refurbishing the barn as classroom space might cost about the
- District hopes if it builds virtual school, students will come
- > Jan 18, 7:08 AM: A virtual public school in Ripon, for Riponites, is a go for the fall. Now all it needs are real, live students and a real, live teacher. The School Board unanimously approved a teaching position for the proposed school
- Fewer than half of Wisconsin school districts have certified teachers unions
- > Jan 2, 7:54 AM: Six years after Gov. Scott Walker and state Republicans made labor unions’ ability to retain members much more difficult, fewer than half of the state’s 422 school districts have certified unions.
- Racine Unified enrollment choice window closes soon
- > Dec 29, 9:11 AM: The deadline is approaching for school choice enrollment in the Racine Unified School District. Until the enrollment window closes on Jan. 15, Unified families can go online and sign their children up to attend the
- Legislators introduce options for gifted kids in need
- Dec 27, 7:51 AM: A bipartisan group of Wisconsin lawmakers introduced legislation to create a Gifted and Talented Education Savings Account.
- School board approves resolution on vouchers
The School District of Rhinelander Board of Education on Monday joined the six other districts who have passed resolutions supporting a bill aimed at explaining to taxpayers how much state aid to public school districts >
Dec 26, 8:00 AM:
- Green light given for virtual school
- > Dec 21, 6:51 AM: Ripon already has eight public schools in four buildings, but a ninth school could take up much less space than the others. The School Board unanimously approved a recommendation Monday to pursue a virtual charter school.
- Eau Claire school board hears charter school plan for Little Red
- Dec 19, 6:26 AM: The Eau Claire school board will decide at its next meeting whether to support Little Red Nature Campus after hearing a proposal Monday for the environmentally focused charter school.
- EverGreen Academy makes changes after failing state assessment
- Dec 18, 7:53 AM: EverGreen Academy serves 313 students in 4-year-old kindergarten to eighth grade. The private school, which currently only has voucher students, was founded in 2013.
- Janesville School Board asks state for transparency on vouchers
- Dec 15, 6:55 AM: The Janesville School Board wants taxpayers to know how much of their money is going to voucher schools.
- Report card fails Wausau charter school, but graduates stick up for the program
- > Dec 15, 5:57 AM: But while Young views the report cards as an important piece of data, she said they don't convey the school's achievements. EEA requires students to pass classes with at least an 80 percent and measures progress through
- Milwaukee Excellence Charter School is backdrop for new anti-bullying music video
- > Dec 13, 7:53 AM: A Milwaukee activist is helping several young artists create an anti-bullying music video, and they want every student in the country to see it. The Milwaukee Excellence Charter School welcomed the video shoot Tuesday,
- Bridges Virtual Academy exceeds expectations on School Report Card
- > Dec 12, 7:39 AM: The WI Department of Public Instruction (DPI) School Report Cards, was recently released to the public. Merrill Area Public Schools’ Bridges Virtual Academy (BVA) scored a 77.2, which equates to an “Exceeds Expectations”
- STEM academy to bring high school juniors to MATC campus full time
- > Dec 7, 6:16 AM: The program is a pilot for a new partnership between the Madison School District and MATC, also known as Madison College. Details of the program were presented Wednesday by coordinators at a joint meeting of the Madison
- Pocan: New GAO report shows school voucher programs failing to provide students with equitable opportunities
- > Dec 1, 6:59 AM: U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan, Wis., announced the findings of a new Government Accountability Office report regarding taxpayer funded school voucher programs and how they are failing to provide students with equitable
- Sheboygan's Etude charter high school gets failing grade on Wisconsin DPI report card
- > Nov 30, 6:56 AM: The small charter school, previously known as IDEAS Academy and which contracts with the Sheboygan Area School District, was handed a “fails to meet expectations” rating in the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s
- Cambridge School Board approves outdoor charter school petition
- > Nov 30, 6:00 AM: On Monday, Nov. 20, the school board unanimously approved a petition submitted by proponents of Koshkonong Trails, a seventh through tenth-grade charter school that would be located at the Severson Learning Center, the
- $2.1 million Initial Cost Projected For Two Lakeland Charter Schools
- > Nov 29, 6:24 AM: A three-year commitment to host two charter schools for those living with autism in 7th-12th grades will cost Lakeland area schools $2.1 million, according to a financial projection prepared by school officials.
- Racine voucher results: Which schools passed, which failed?
- > Nov 21, 6:41 AM: It was the second year private schools that participate in the Racine Parental Choice Program, where some students receive state-funded tuition vouchers, were required to submit data to the Department of Public Instruction
- Most schools meet or exceed standards, but failures can be found in every education sector
- > Nov 21, 6:20 AM: The vast majority of Wisconsin's publicly funded schools met or exceeded state expectations for educating children in the 2016-'17 school year, according to the latest round of report cards released by the Department of
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Daily Tribune 100%
- WMSN-ITV 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- WFRV-TV - Online 17%
- fdlreporter.com 17%