- Gov. Scott Walker signs $76B Wisconsin budget with money for schools, fees for hybrids
- > Sep 22, 4:59 AM: Families that have incomes of up to 220% of the federal poverty level, or about $45,000 for a family of three, will qualify for the statewide voucher program outside of Milwaukee and Racine. That's up from 185% of the
- Petition submitted for outdoor charter school: ‘Cambridge ACRES’ could open in 2018
- Sep 22, 4:32 AM: A group behind a proposed environmental and outdoor learning charter school in Cambridge took a big step Monday night.
- Scott Walker, Tony Evers clash over plan to comply with federal education law
- > Sep 18, 7:12 AM: The state plan outlining how Wisconsin intends to comply with the federal law known as the Every Student Succeeds Act will be submitted to the U.S. Department of Education on Monday, but without Gov. Scott Walker’s
- La Crosse teachers union pres. not in favor of state's new provision for online licenses
- > Sep 13, 6:35 AM: In response to a significant teacher shortage problem in the state, Wisconsin's legislature is getting creative. That includes a provision in the proposed budget forcing the Department of Public Instruction to accept
- Wisconsin budget proposal opens the door to controversial online teacher prep program
- > Sep 11, 6:25 AM: A provision in the proposed state budget is raising the ire of educators and leaders of Wisconsin's schools of education who say it would lower the quality of new teachers in the classroom, most likely in schools with the
- Budget provision moves charter school forward
- > Sep 6, 6:11 AM: A proposed charter school in the Lakeland area primarily for special-needs students, and with an autism specific program, took a giant step forward this week with the Legislature's Joint Finance Committee's approval of a
- Madison School Board changes charter policy after rejecting Montessori contract
- > Sep 5, 6:08 AM: After rejecting a contract for what would have been the district’s first public Montessori charter school, the Madison School Board has started changing its approach to considering charter school applications.
- State GOP extends school vouchers to higher-income brackets
- > Aug 31, 5:12 AM: The voucher plan — which was not part of Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s proposed 2017-19 budget being reviewed by the legislature — was approved by the Legislature’s Joint Finance Committee on a party line 12-4 vote.
- Lawmakers set $639M in new funding for schools, voucher expansion in next state budget
- Aug 29, 5:28 AM: The budget-writing committee also increased the household income limits for participation in the statewide private voucher school program.
- Manitowoc schools deny kids who apply to virtual schools
- > Aug 28, 4:46 AM: Manitowoc Public School District rejects all summer applications for students who want to enroll for online classes in another school district, saying kids won’t get a solid education through virtual schools.
- Montessori charter school attempt will continue, supporters say
- > Aug 23, 6:35 AM: The Madison School Board’s narrow rejection of a proposed five-year contract for a public Montessori charter school on Monday isn’t deterring supporters and may not represent the end of the process around the proposal.
- Madison School Board rejects contract for district's first public Montessori charter school
- Aug 22, 6:03 AM: By a 4-3 vote, Madison School Board members on Monday rejected a proposed five-year contract that would have established the city’s first public Montessori charter school.
- Lighthouse Christian School moving to bigger digs after voucher-fueled enrollment growth
- > Aug 11, 7:46 AM: A Madison religious school that has seen an enrollment boom under the state’s private-school voucher program will move within weeks to a newly renovated Southwest Side location offering triple the space for its students.
- UW System office seeks charter school proposals; Milwaukee market may be tapped out
- > Aug 7, 7:06 AM: More than two years after it was created as part of the state's 2015-'17 budget, the University of Wisconsin System's Office of Educational Opportunity is taking steps to authorize its first charter schools.
- Charter school discussion continues
- > Aug 4, 6:29 AM: The school is envisioned to operate from the Severson Learning Center, the Cambridge Area School District’s 82-acre school farm on Oakland Road in the town of Christiana. Cambridge Superintendent Bernie Nikolay and
- Request for proposals open for Wisconsin's first recovery charter school
- Aug 4, 6:27 AM: On Wednesday, the Office of Educational Opportunity released its request for proposals for a recovery charter school slated to open in Wisconsin in fall 2018.
- Madison charter school proposals now being accepted by state office
- > Aug 3, 6:12 AM: A state request for proposals was published Tuesday that lays out a clear and detailed process for getting an independent charter school open for students to attend in Madison or Milwaukee as early as fall 2018 or fall
- On course for Sept. 1: La Casa's new $6.5M charter school promises to bridge achievement gap
- Aug 1, 6:35 AM: School children, especially those of low-income and minority populations, will have a new educational launch pad here when La Casa de Esperanza opens its $6.5 million charter school on Sept. 1.
- Madison School Board delays vote on Montessori charter school contract
- > Aug 1, 5:27 AM: Over concerns on a handful of issues, the board voted to refer a five-year contract to bring the tuition-based, private Isthmus Montessori Academy (IMA) into the school district next year as a public, tuition-free school
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Daily Tribune 100%
- WMSN-ITV 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- WFRV-TV - Online 17%
- fdlreporter.com 17%