- Scott Walker and Tony Evers blame each for lack of progress on black students' performance
- > Sep 11, 6:18 AM: Wisconsin's massive gap in academic performance between its black and white students is under the spotlight of the governor's race as the candidates blame each other for not doing more to address the persistent problem.
- Column: The public school, school choice divide will color Wisconsin governor's race
- > Sep 10, 5:12 AM: On Tuesday, the first day of the school year for hundreds of thousands students in Wisconsin, Tony Evers took part in the kick-off program at Maple Tree School, a public school on the northwest side of Milwaukee.
- Scott Walker, Tony Evers talk education, governor's race on back-to-school day
- > Sep 5, 4:47 AM: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Democratic challenger Tony Evers welcomed students back to classes at two schools in southeastern Wisconsin on Tuesday, each continuing to tout education as a top priority in their bids for
- Wisconsin's Rural Schools Are Getting Squeezed By Student Loss
- > Aug 20, 6:08 AM: In Wisconsin's contemporary policy environment, school revenue is directly linked to two primary sources — state funding and property taxes. State funds are largely based on school district enrollment, while property taxes
- Editorial: Milwaukee’s Public School Barricade
- > Aug 14, 6:02 AM: Teachers’ unions and their liberal allies are desperately trying to preserve the failing public school status quo. Witness how the Milwaukee Public School (MPS) system is defying a state mandate to sell vacant property to
- Op-Ed: Charter Schools Undermine Public Schools
- Aug 13, 6:39 AM: Wisconsin needs to fully fund and support our public schools. Unfortunately, we’re moving in the opposite direction.
- Opinion: Destroying Public Education With Vouchers and Charters in Wisconsin
- > Aug 3, 5:00 AM: In the Zelman v. Simmons-Harris case, the Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 decision that vouchers to religious school did not violate the Establishment Clause of the Constitution. This decision re-wrote more than a century
- Hoping for more investment in public education, grassroots advocates push to #VotePublic
- Aug 3, 4:50 AM: When 250 proponents of public education from across Wisconsin gathered in the Appleton North High School auditorium Wednesday, they painted a picture of the Wisconsin they hoped to one day live in.
- Editorial: Online schools offer pros and cons
- > Aug 2, 6:17 AM: The Ripon Area School District in June learned that the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction has awarded it a $900,000, five-year virtual charter school planning grant.This is a potential boon for the Ripon Area
- Tony Evers to seek unprecedented $600 million more in special education funding
- > Jul 31, 5:47 AM: Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Evers will seek an unprecedented increase in school funding for students with disabilities in the 2019-'21 state budget, the latest in a series of announcements by Gov. Scott
- With Declining Enrollment, Milwaukee Public Schools Leaders Get Creative To Boost Student Numbers
- > Jul 30, 7:13 AM: School districts across Wisconsin are enrolling fewer students. In Milwaukee, the drop is due in part to fewer school-aged children. But the growing popularity of the state's voucher program that helps some families pay
- Riveredge charter school moves closer to reality
- > Jul 26, 6:13 AM: All systems seem to be go for a proposed charter school at Riveredge Nature Center after it received a $700,000 charter school planning and implementation grant from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- Despite focus on education, Scott Walker and Tony Evers to miss meeting with Betsy DeVos
- > Jul 25, 7:11 AM: Gov. Scott Walker won't be meeting with the highest-ranking education official in U.S. government when she visits Wisconsin Tuesday — at a time when Walker is making a case to voters that he's an "education governor."
- Special needs vouchers cost Wisconsin public schools $5.6 million in first two years
- > Jul 25, 4:34 AM: A Wisconsin program that allows special needs students to attend private schools on taxpayer-funded vouchers cost local public schools almost $5.6 million in state funding over the last two years, including hundreds of
- Scott Walker leans into 'education governor' message as opponents scoff
- > Jul 23, 7:09 AM: Over the last month, his campaign has released two television ads featuring teachers praising his education record as he seeks a third term. "I’m being aggressive on this," Walker said in an interview last month. "We’re
- Kettle Moraine School District will allow parents to opt out of Summit Learning Program
- Jul 20, 6:42 AM: An online petition against an online learning program used at Kettle Moraine Middle School has resulted in the Kettle Moraine School District giving those who oppose the program an option to opt out of it.
- Racine School District, UW-Parkside Partner To Address Special Education Teacher Shortage
- > Jul 17, 6:50 AM: The University of Wisconsin-Parkside and the Racine Unified School District are partnering up to address a special education teacher shortage in the district. They're launching a 2-year teacher residency program that will
- New Green Bay charter school aims to promote tech, hands on learning
- Jul 17, 5:43 AM: The Green Bay School District has begun planning a new charter school with the help of an almost $1 million state grant.
- Commentary: Democrats should stop attacking school choice
- > Jul 16, 4:53 AM: Anti-school choice views seemingly dominate the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. To a casual observer, the once muscular pro-school choice wing of the party (think former Milwaukee Mayor John Norquist and the late
- Charter school's mission to get struggling students into Green Bay tech boom
- Jul 12, 4:29 AM: Green Bay has officially landed on the tech industry map with Microsoft and Foxconn investing in the city. The state is also investing in a new school to help get students ready for those high tech jobs.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Daily Tribune 100%
- WMSN-ITV 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- WFRV-TV - Online 17%
- fdlreporter.com 17%