- Apprenticeships As A Post-High School Option
- Jul 15, 5:30 AM: Some recent grads may not want to attend a four-year college. For those desiring to have more direct hands-on learning, exploring apprenticeship opportunities may be more advantageous.
- Opinion: Wisconsin must continue to lead on school choice
- Jul 8, 5:05 AM: Thirty years ago, a remarkable series of events transpired in the Wisconsin Legislature that led to a dramatic transformation of the education landscape in our state and across the country.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court rules state superintendent must seek permission in rule-making
- > Jun 26, 5:45 AM: In a reversal of a decision handed down three years ago, the Wisconsin Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled the state superintendent of public instruction must seek permission from the governor before writing rules implementing
- Column: New charter school would teach students to learn through play
- > Jun 20, 6:29 AM: Teachers note that many lessons children have traditionally learned through free play — negotiating with peers, using their bodies in varied ways, manipulating objects and materials — have given way to adult-directed and
- MPS centers help connect students to college
- Jun 18, 7:25 AM: Four MPS College and Career Centers around the city are open this summer to help students navigate the steps to higher education and jobs.
- Lawmakers set to take up an $81.5 billion state budget that puts a Republican spin on Evers' vision
- Jun 18, 5:28 AM: Republican lawmakers also removed a proposal to freeze enrollment in the state's private voucher school systems.
- State gives $7M for 11 new or expanding charter schools, including proposed school in Madison
- Jun 10, 7:44 AM: The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction is providing $7 million in federal money for 11 new or expanding charter schools, including a proposed school in Madison.
- 'There's a Lot of Emotion': Communities Say Goodbye to 3 Rural Antigo Elementary Schools
- > Jun 7, 7:28 AM: When teachers at Pleasant View Elementary School want to take their students to a school forest for science activities, they don't have far to go. The rural school has a one-mile-long trail through the woods just off its
- Wisconsin charter schools get boost in federal funding
- > Jun 7, 7:00 AM: The state Department of Public Instruction has approved more than $7 million in federal funds for charter schools. That money will go to towards planning, opening or expanding the schools, according to a press release.
- Wisconsin needs more kids to take computer science. Can a Microsoft program help make that happen?
- > Jun 6, 7:26 AM: The Hortonville High School freshman (now a rising sophomore) could do that because of a program that pairs tech professionals with classroom teachers. Hortonville High just finished its second year with TEALS — or
- LUMIN Schools network launches $2 million campaign to double in size
- > Jun 6, 6:22 AM: LUMIN Schools, a small network of Lutheran schools that serves primarily low-income children on taxpayer-funded vouchers, has launched a $2 million campaign aimed at nearly doubling its size over the next seven years.
- Cambridge charter school gives students real taste of agriculture
- > Jun 3, 7:37 AM: In addition to students who are interested in agriculture or love the outdoors, some students are attracted to the school’s small size. Others are academically advanced and want a chance to go at their own pace.
- Every student graduating from this Milwaukee school will be the first in their family accepted to college
- > Jun 3, 7:08 AM: Almost all the students are Hispanic, and almost all attend the school on taxpayer-funded vouchers through the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program. The school continues to grow. Now at 1215 S. 45th St., it soon will double
- Former Gov. Scott Walker supports coding school where a student can pay nothing until landing a job
- May 29, 5:43 AM: Former Gov. Scott Walker touted how a new education payment option could help get more students into skills-based training during an appearance at a Milwaukee coding school Tuesday.
- Democrats float bill to require listing voucher school impact on property tax bills
- > May 22, 5:19 AM: For the second session in a row, Democratic lawmakers are floating a bill that would require municipalities to spell out on property tax bills how much money is going to support private, mostly religious, schools that
- This school district outsourced many of its high school courses to an online program
- > May 21, 6:17 AM: Welcome to the world of online coursetaking, where regular public high schools farm out some instruction to computer programs, often in an effort to help students rapidly earn course credits. In Milwaukee, one in five
- Madison charter One City Schools looks to be 'a model for what all schools could learn from'
- > May 6, 7:38 AM: Two teachers in each classroom, longer days and an extended school year. Those are some of the strategies One City Schools officials believe could narrow Madison’s persistent racial achievement gap and act as a model for
- Wisconsin group files brief with U.S. Supreme Court in support of school choice, religious liberty
- > Apr 18, 5:57 AM: The Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty has filed an amicus brief with the U.S. Supreme Court, asking it to consider hearing Espinoza v. Montana on behalf of former Gov. Scott Walker. The brief argues the case is “a
- Report: Wisconsin Saw Fourth Largest Decline In Higher Ed Funding Between 2013 And 2018
- > Apr 16, 7:41 AM: A national report ranking state funding for higher education shows Wisconsin saw the fourth largest decline in per-student spending between 2013 and 2018. The only states with larger decreases in that timeframe were
- Slate backed by teachers union, Working Families Party sweeps MPS races
- > Apr 3, 6:32 AM: The Milwaukee Teachers' Education Association was among the big winners in Tuesday's elections after a slate of five Milwaukee school board candidates endorsed by the union and the progressive Working Families Party swept
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Daily Tribune 100%
- WMSN-ITV 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- WFRV-TV - Online 17%
- fdlreporter.com 17%