- McHenry County private school leaders say in-person learning is working, no reason to go remote
- > Nov 2, 8:13 AM: Leaders of local private schools told McHenry County Board members that in-person learning has been safe and successful for them, while many public school districts have chosen to heed guidance from the McHenry County
- Russell Wilson’s Why Not You Foundation Announces Plans for Public Charter High School in Seattle
- Oct 30, 7:13 AM: Russell Wilson and Ciara are starting a tuition-free, public charter school in Des Moines, Washington, Wilson’s Why Not You Foundation announced.
- Remote learning in remote locations: Washington students without internet options face challenges
- Oct 27, 4:39 AM: One North Mason School District family drives 40 minutes from their home in a wooded area for internet access for school.
- Families of color disproportionally hurt by remote learning challenges in pandemic
- Oct 20, 5:55 AM: Across Washington hundreds of thousands of children don't have the tools they need to learn from home, and the numbers are disproportionate in communities of color.
- Education officials report 32,000 families have pulled out of traditional public schools, as parents seek learning options for children
- > Oct 14, 5:35 AM: Washington’s highest education official just reported that 32,000 families have pulled out of traditional public schools this year, a number equal to attendance at the second-largest school district in the state.
- Washington state kindergarten enrollment drops 14% as schools close during the pandemic. Where are the children?
- > Oct 8, 4:50 AM: Overall, Washington state’s K-12 public school enrollment dipped by 31,000, or 2.82%, since the last academic year, according to new state data released Wednesday. The biggest drop, 14%, was in kindergarten, accounting for
- Families rally in Bend, pull kids out of online school to protest COVID-19 school closures
- > Oct 6, 6:00 AM: A sea of adults and children gathered late afternoon Monday along NW Bond Street in downtown Bend for a rally to reopen public schools. Their goal: get state officials’ attention, loosen COVID-19 school reopening
- Innovation Charter School isn't letting COVID-19 stop its charge toward the future
- Oct 6, 5:38 AM: The new school year is well underway at Walla Walla’s only public charter school, and new Principal Paige Albrecht is ready for the school to move beyond the challenges of its past.
- Letter: Protect school choice for students
- > Sep 29, 5:25 AM: Growing up in a small town in Washington, my local high school didn’t offer all of the electives and advanced courses that I needed to explore my interests. I wanted the opportunity to grow, something that online school
- Woodland Public Schools rises to the challenge of remote learning by implementing Distance Learning 2.0
- > Sep 16, 7:22 AM: The staff of Woodland Public Schools kicked off the start of the school year last week with Distance Learning 2.0 – new strategies, techniques, and teaching styles to ensure the community’s students will receive a distance
- More Seattle families consider 'Pandemic Pods' for remote learning during pandemic
- Sep 10, 6:01 AM: Interest in what has been dubbed the "pandemic pods" has increased, especially as another round of remote learning gets underway due to concerns about coronavirus.
- More than 94% of public school students in Washington state learning remotely this fall, new data shows
- Sep 2, 6:36 AM: More than 94% of Washington state public school kids beginning classes this month are doing so almost entirely remotely, according to new data from the state education department.
- Puget Sound charter school let students meet teachers before virtual learning
- > Aug 26, 7:13 AM: Schools around the state are trying to figure out ways to safely reopen for in-person learning in some form this fall or later in the school year. Impact Public Schools, which runs public charter schools throughout the
- Washington PTA director: Not ‘enough time’ to prepare for effective remote learning
- > Aug 26, 6:52 AM: School districts, educators, and parents have been preparing since last spring for remote learning to continue into the fall, but Andrew Estep, executive director of the Washington State Parent Teacher Association, says
- ‘We just want a choice’: Protesting parents demand in-school learning option
- Aug 17, 4:15 AM: Parents should be given the choice of whether their children learn from home or at schools, a small group of protesters said Friday afternoon outside the Spokane Regional Health District offices.
- Seattle-area parents form ‘learning pods’ to keep kids from falling behind, but coronavirus-driven trend raises equity concerns
- Aug 14, 5:57 AM: School districts across the state have promised that fall classes taught remotely will be better than they were this spring. But Susi Musi isn’t taking any chances.
- Local parents support in-person classes, teacher unions call to go remote
- > Jul 27, 7:45 AM: The Washington Education Association on Thursday called for fully remote learning statewide at least to start the school year, and Seattle Public schools announced Wednesday it will start the year with virtual
- Charter school creates choice, competition
- Jun 30, 5:38 AM: Choice is good. That’s the initial reaction of local school officials to the news that Pinnacles Prep application has been approved to become the Wenatchee Valley’s first charter public school.
- As COVID-19 changes education systems, Washington school superintendent candidates push for local control
- > Jun 29, 5:45 AM: Five candidates are running in Washington’s Aug. 4 primary against incumbent Chris Reykdal for Superintendent of Public Instruction, calling for more local control of schools amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Parents and students need new learning options since public schools may not open this fall
- > Jun 18, 5:44 AM: For those parents who are not ready for their children to return to traditional classrooms, or who believe they are underserved by the routine programs offered by their local district, officials should make available, and
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- seattlepi.com 100%
- Daily News - Online, The 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Kitsap Sun - Online 33%
- KUOW-FM - Online 33%