- Seattle Public Schools delay return to in-person learning amid union negotiations
- Feb 23, 8:10 AM: Seattle Public Schools announced Monday that it was delaying a return to in-person learning until at least March 8 because of a snag in reaching an agreement with the teachers' union.
- Opinion: Washington families need school choice now
- Jan 27, 6:24 AM: As an educator, I’ve seen how our state’s one-size-fits-all approach to education has long been a roadblock for students with special needs or medical conditions.
- Editorial: Extend window of opportunity for new public charter schools
- Jan 25, 8:05 AM: If state lawmakers truly value equity in education, they should eschew knee-jerk political opposition to public charter schools and extend the authorizing window for new ones.
- Southwest Washington Lawmaker Reintroduces School Choice Bill; Says Parents Know Best
- > Jan 25, 6:47 AM: A measure that would give parents the ability to choose the learning environment that best meets the needs of their children has been introduced in the state Legislature by state Rep. Vicki Kraft, R-Vancouver.
- Dispute over in-person learning escalates into legal action for Bellevue School District
- Jan 22, 8:19 AM: Bellevue Education Association and Bellevue School District continue disputes on how and when to expand in-person learning as some students return to classrooms on Thursday.
- Rep. Vicki Kraft reintroduces school choice bill
- > Jan 21, 6:40 AM: A measure that would give parents the ability to choose the learning environment that best meets their children’s needs was introduced Friday in the state House of Representatives by Rep. Vicki Kraft, R-Vancouver.
- How much learning have Washington students missed? The state doesn’t know
- > Jan 18, 7:24 AM: Halfway into this unprecedented school year, it’s clear that many children are struggling: Hospitals are seeing more kids under distress. National studies showed students lost ground in math. Medical research has connected
- Letter: School choice can make a difference
- > Jan 11, 6:42 AM: As an educator, I know that every child is different. We don’t all learn the same way or have the same talents. That’s why school choice is so important. School choice gives families the freedom to find the right learning
- Concerned mom shines light on educators not wanting to reopen Camas schools
- > Jan 8, 7:48 AM: Andrea Seeley is the mother of two students. She lives in Camas specifically because of the excellent reputation of the Camas School District (CSD). Yet, she says the remote learning offered by the district is not working
- Commentary: State Must Give Parents Options to Decide the Best Education for Their Children
- > Dec 21, 7:49 AM: Some children are visual learners, and some are auditory. The problem is parents and kids are locked into a one-size-fits-all K-12 system in Washington that doesn’t work for all students and is not delivering the best
- Washington parents, teachers split on new education metrics
- Dec 18, 7:55 AM: The risks are too high--that’s the message from Camas School District parents rallying Thursday. They say they want their students, all of their students, back in the classroom.
- Commentary: Give parents options to decide the best education for their children
- Dec 10, 6:48 AM: This year, more than 32,000 Washington families have already pulled out of the public-school system as they find that traditional zip-code assigned schools are simply not working for their children.
- Blog: Public education establishment seeks to cover its failings by pursuing a race-based agenda
- > Nov 25, 7:39 AM: Washington state, by contrast, will deny families the direct aid they need to get a quality education, and instead hold Work Sessions on race-based agendas to produce reports and more empty promises, this time using the
- Sex education Referendum 90 passes in Washington state election results
- Nov 4, 9:48 AM: Washington school districts will be required to teach sexual health education to most students under a referendum approved Tuesday.
- McHenry County private school leaders say in-person learning is working, no reason to go remote
- > Nov 2, 8:13 AM: Leaders of local private schools told McHenry County Board members that in-person learning has been safe and successful for them, while many public school districts have chosen to heed guidance from the McHenry County
- Russell Wilson’s Why Not You Foundation Announces Plans for Public Charter High School in Seattle
- Oct 30, 7:13 AM: Russell Wilson and Ciara are starting a tuition-free, public charter school in Des Moines, Washington, Wilson’s Why Not You Foundation announced.
- Remote learning in remote locations: Washington students without internet options face challenges
- Oct 27, 4:39 AM: One North Mason School District family drives 40 minutes from their home in a wooded area for internet access for school.
- Families of color disproportionally hurt by remote learning challenges in pandemic
- Oct 20, 5:55 AM: Across Washington hundreds of thousands of children don't have the tools they need to learn from home, and the numbers are disproportionate in communities of color.
- Education officials report 32,000 families have pulled out of traditional public schools, as parents seek learning options for children
- > Oct 14, 5:35 AM: Washington’s highest education official just reported that 32,000 families have pulled out of traditional public schools this year, a number equal to attendance at the second-largest school district in the state.
- Washington state kindergarten enrollment drops 14% as schools close during the pandemic. Where are the children?
- > Oct 8, 4:50 AM: Overall, Washington state’s K-12 public school enrollment dipped by 31,000, or 2.82%, since the last academic year, according to new state data released Wednesday. The biggest drop, 14%, was in kindergarten, accounting for
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- seattlepi.com 100%
- The Daily Evergreen Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- The Kitsap Sun 33%
- KIMA-TV - Online 33%