- Bush backs controversial education law
- Nov 16, 8:17 AM: Former Gov. Jeb Bush, who made education reform the hallmark of his two terms in office, on Wednesday praised a new state law that could spur the growth of charter schools in Florida.
- KC Charter schools credit teachers for perfect MAP scores
- > Nov 16, 8:12 AM: Two Kansas City charter schools scored perfectly on this year's Missouri Assessment Program. Meanwhile, Kansas City Public Schools' score dropped to 63.9 percent from 70 percent last year, which means it will not regain
- Chico Unified School District closer to expanding online education
- > Nov 16, 8:00 AM: The school district on Wednesday moved one step closer to expanding online education with a new program offering an off-campus resource center where students can go for assistance and support from district teachers and
- Vote by panel keeps school's charter intact
- > Nov 16, 7:55 AM: The state's Charter Authorizing Panel on Wednesday voted to take no action against the Arkansas Connections Academy, a Bentonville-based virtual charter school, after school leaders showed that it had revised its financial
- Reading School Board expected to vote on charter school
- > Nov 16, 7:55 AM: In July, the Berks Charter School for the Performing and Visual Arts submitted a charter to the school board. The school then presented its case for the charter to the school board at a hearing in September.
- Florida Virtual School teachers seek to unionize
- Nov 16, 7:53 AM: After teaching middle school science at Florida Virtual School for nine years, Lauren Masino says one thing has become clear: FLVS teachers need to organize.
- Innovative Arts Charter enrollment up dramatically from last spring
- Nov 16, 7:33 AM: Innovative Arts Academy Charter School leaders were touting good news at Wednesday night’s Board of Trustees meeting: Student enrollment is up and outstanding bills are down.
- Cooper leaves charter schools off the list
- > Nov 16, 7:25 AM: This isn’t the first time that Cooper’s critics have pointed out a snub at public charters, despite having said during the campaign that “carefully selected charters can bring innovations.” He appointed 25 members to his
- Pittsburgh Public Schools, Woodland Hills plan partnership for student transportation
- > Nov 16, 7:23 AM: If the Woodland Hills and Pittsburgh Public Schools districts team up to transport their students who attend the same charter or private school, they could together save up to $80,000 and ease one of their biggest
- School-within-a-school: Some parents want out of iGranada's 'blended' program
- > Nov 16, 7:19 AM: Now, those broad questions are at the heart of a controversy involving one of those charter schools — Granada Hills Charter High. Starting with just a few parent complaints, the matter has now spiraled into a formal
- Cleveland and other charter school sponsors doing a better job, new ratings show
- Nov 16, 7:08 AM: The Cleveland school district has improved its rating as a charter school sponsor and is no longer in danger of having charter oversight powers yanked away, under new ratings released Wednesday.
- Tennessee’s two big school turnaround experiments are yielding big lessons, researchers say
- Nov 16, 6:59 AM: A national pioneer in school turnaround work, Tennessee this month received a report card of sorts from researchers who have closely followed its two primary initiatives for five years.
- Annual report cards show it's hard to say how Missouri schools are doing
- > Nov 16, 6:56 AM: Missouri released its annual report cards on school districts and charter schools Wednesday, but issues with state standardized tests make it difficult to know exactly how well schools did and how their scores compare to
- Duval leaders plan for outside operator if three at-risk schools fall below C grade this year
- > Nov 16, 6:50 AM: Duval schools Wednesday told the state it will pick an outside operator to run the district’s three endangered schools — Matthew Gilbert Middle, Northwestern Middle and Lake Forest Elementary — if those schools earn lower
- AISD considers charter school option for Mendez Middle School
- > Nov 16, 6:49 AM: Facing severe under-enrollment and a below-average educational suitability assessment, Mendez Middle School may be turned over to a community partner in hopes of reversing the campus’ downward trajectory.
- Could this be Kentucky’s first charter school? It just took a big first step.
- > Nov 16, 6:45 AM: The Eastern Kentucky University Board of Regents on Wednesday passed a resolution allowing the administration to submit an application for Model, Kentucky’s only remaining Pre-K thru 12 university laboratory school, to
- Philly SRC to vote to disband, restore local school control
- Nov 16, 6:29 AM: The School Reform Commission, for the past 16 years the governing body of the Philadelphia School District, is poised to abolish itself in a historic vote Thursday night.
- Could charter school advocate Ken Zeff be Missouri's next education commissioner?
- > Nov 16, 6:23 AM: An out-of-state school administrator known for his charter school advocacy could be Gov. Eric Greitens' choice to replace Margie Vandeven, the state commissioner of education whom the governor seems determined to oust.
- Sponsors of 10 Ohio charter schools receive ‘poor’ ratings from state
- Nov 16, 6:22 AM: Eight sponsors of 10 charter schools — none in the Columbus area — flunked the latest round of ratings released Wednesday by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Committee recommends termination of D-25 school of choice policy
- Nov 16, 6:16 AM: It’s now up to the Pocatello/Chubbuck School District’s Board of Trustees to determine if eighth-grade graduates can choose what high school to attend regardless of where they live.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Dotnews.com 100%
- Irving Rambler 100%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- KUNR 0%
- Cosmopolitan 0%