- De Blasio slammed with thousands of letters from families seeking public space for charter schools
- > Sep 22, 4:56 AM: Parents with the pro-charter lobbying group Families for Excellent Schools on Thursday delivered 3,561 copies of a form letter signed by city parents that calls on Mayor de Blasio to respond. More will be delivered by
- Charter student not allowed to join choir at Beaverton elementary school
- Sep 22, 4:54 AM: A Beaverton mom is upset after her son wasn’t allowed to join an elementary school choir. The reason: he’s a charter school student.
- Petition submitted for outdoor charter school: ‘Cambridge ACRES’ could open in 2018
- Sep 22, 4:32 AM: A group behind a proposed environmental and outdoor learning charter school in Cambridge took a big step Monday night.
- As Voucher Programs Proliferate Nationally, Failing Charter Schools Have Begun to Privatize (CER in the news)
- Sep 21, 7:13 AM: A recent nationwide review found that at least 16 failing or struggling charter schools in five states have gone private with the help of publicly funded voucher programs.
- East Aurora magnet academy proposal met with some skepticism
- Sep 21, 7:11 AM: Proposed changes to East Aurora School District 131's magnet academy did not solve some recent controversial schedule issues at the school, teachers and a parent told the school board recently.
- Study: Teachers absent less in charters; teachers union, charter advocates skeptical
- > Sep 21, 7:06 AM: Matt Southerton, the president of the New Hampshire Alliance for Public Charter Schools, said he had qualms about the data researchers used and was “skeptical” of the report’s conclusions, at least where New Hampshire is
- A charter school serving at-risk student got a makeover. Now they’re sending kids to college.
- > Sep 21, 6:52 AM: Four years ago, Learning for Life Charter School had what Executive Director Ken Lawrence-Emanuel calls a “reputation.” Students—seventh- through 12th-graders who are on the verge of failing in traditional public
- New Mid-Michigan online school outperforms hundreds across state
- Sep 21, 6:33 AM: A brand new online school in Mid-Michigan is outperforming hundreds of other schools across the state.
- Truancy Rates In D.C. Public And Charter Schools Increased Last Year, Annual Reports Show
- > Sep 21, 6:30 AM: The number of students in the district who missed more than 10 days of school increased in both public and charter schools last year, according to annual reports released this month. 26 percent of DCPS students were
- District administrators fight proposed charter high school in Yonkers
- Sep 21, 6:28 AM: Yonkers public school administrators are fighting against what could be the city's first charter high school, arguing that it will cost them millions of dollars.
- Lawyers argue in court whether charter school parents should have say in funding suit
- > Sep 21, 6:16 AM: An attorney representing charter school parents argued in federal appeals court Wednesday why his clients deserve a say in a St. Louis Public Schools lawsuit that seeks to regain more than $50 million that has gone to
- L.A. County to investigate public school system's enrollment of Catholic school students
- Sep 21, 6:04 AM: Los Angeles County education officials have launched an investigation into fiscal and legal questions surrounding a small public school district that has been enrolling Catholic school students.
- People press Demmer on tax-funded private school scholarships
- Sep 21, 5:44 AM: Community members sought an audience with state Rep. Tom Demmer, R-Dixon, on Wednesday, largely with concerns about the state’s $75 million tax credit program for private school scholarships.
- NC public school teachers are absent more than charter school teachers, study finds
- > Sep 21, 5:35 AM: More than a third of teachers in North Carolina’s traditional public schools are chronically absent – double the rate of their peers in the state’s charter schools, according to a new national study released Wednesday.
- Teachers union snubs Syracuse mayoral candidate seeking control of schools
- Sep 21, 5:30 AM: Officials said the union doesn't support Lavine's proposals for mayoral control of schools or her call for increased charter school funding.
- JPS parents look for balance, advocacy in takeover talks
- Sep 21, 5:24 AM: The day after the state Board of Education recommended Gov. Phil Bryant “declare an extreme state emergency” in Jackson Public Schools, Michelle Henry woke up with uncertainty.
- New law puts charter school students in play
- > Sep 21, 5:17 AM: Charter schools in Medford are praising a new law that allows charter students to participate in extracurricular programs — including sports — in the district, but that victory comes with a price tag.
- How Richmond school officials plan on turning around underperforming schools
- Sep 21, 5:13 AM: With less than half of Richmond public schools gaining full accreditation from the state, school officials are turning to individual plans to help turn around underperforming schools.
- School official hit over donations to charter school advocacy group
- > Sep 21, 5:05 AM: When Paul Sagan, chairman of the state Board of Elementary and Secondary Education, faced calls for his resignation last September after it was revealed that he had donated $100,000 to a ballot campaign pushing the
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Dotnews.com 100%
- Irving Rambler 100%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- KGW 0%
- Cambridge News 0%