- Charter schools continue to grow in Texas, and districts shouldn't treat them as enemies
- Jul 19, 4:49 AM: If there were any lingering doubts about the growing strength of charter schools in our state, KIPP Texas' move to consolidate its individual networks into one school district should dispel them.
- Letters: Time to put students first
- > Jul 19, 4:42 AM: InspireNOLA is an incredibly successful network whose recent test scores speak for themselves: One of the network’s schools, 42 Charter School, has the highest growth in test scores in New Orleans, and Wilson Charter
- Florida's newest voucher program to start in fall, as Hope Scholarship rules approved by state board
- > Jul 19, 4:33 AM: Florida’s newest voucher program is to begin this fall, with parents who say their children are bullied in public schools able to apply for private-school scholarships that could pay tuition for part of the 20118-19 school
- PBC school board puts property tax increase on November ballot
- > Jul 19, 4:30 AM: The referendum approved Wednesday bars the county’s charter schools from receiving a portion of the tax proceeds, a move that angered charter leaders and parents. Several told board members that it was unfair to bar their
- The Private-School Persuasion of the Supreme Court
- > Jul 18, 6:56 AM: Should Brett Kavanaugh get confirmed as a justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, five of the Court’s nine sitting justices will share an experience that is foreign to most Americans: that of attending one of the nation’s
- Senate confirms Los Angeles reform advocate Jim Blew in narrow vote, rounding out Ed Dept’s K-12 team
- Jul 18, 6:53 AM: The Senate voted narrowly Tuesday to confirm Jim Blew, a longtime education reform advocate, to be an assistant secretary in the U.S. Department of Education, rounding out the department’s K-12 team.
- Opinion: Public Schooling Must Discriminate Against Religion; American Education Must Not
- > Jul 18, 6:50 AM: We fight about many things in public schools, from what time the day starts to the saltiness of lunches. But few battles are more painful than ones involving closely-held values, or intensely personal attributes such as
- Apprenticeship success in Chicago provides national model
- Jul 18, 6:46 AM: Despite critiques of President Trump’s apprenticeship task force, programs that blend work and school are thriving in cities where opportunities seem stagnant for youth in poorer communities.
- Tennessee Governor Candidate Interviews: How Democrat Karl Dean Hopes To Cross Party Lines
- > Jul 18, 6:38 AM: On his support for charter schools: "I don't see charter schools playing a big role anywhere other than urban areas, and there, I don't see them as a total answer. I see them as part of the solution. They were created
- Local schools top state SAT rankings
- > Jul 18, 6:31 AM: The state’s top two public schools, by average composite SAT scores, reside right here. Coeur d’Alene Charter Academy dominated the competition with an average composite SAT score of 1291, while North Idaho STEM Charter
- Memphis colleges are training more teachers of color, new study shows
- > Jul 18, 6:23 AM: Teaching degree programs at four-year institutions nationwide are disproportionately white, according to new Urban Institute data. But things look different in Memphis, where two local colleges, the University of Memphis
- WV Senate president lashes out at AFT's 'socialist agenda'
- > Jul 18, 6:18 AM: Senate President Mitch Carmichael, R-Jackson, criticized resolutions adopted at the national American Federation of Teachers convention calling for 2018 candidates to support universal health care, free college tuition and
- R.I. union leaders woo new members
- > Jul 18, 6:15 AM: In Rhode Island, that boils down to a ban on the mandatory payment by non-union members of “agency fees” which, for many of Rhode Island’s public-sector workers — and public school teachers — equates to 85 percent of what
- With school board president loss, voters cast ballots for change
Combined with the two who didn’t seek re-election, the school board is guaranteed to lose at least 40 combined years of MPS school board experience at the hands of a voter base clamoring for any semblance of change in >
Jul 18, 6:09 AM:
- A yearly question: Kairos PDX's Albina future uncertain
- > Jul 18, 6:06 AM: But, with three weeks until school starts, that location's future is in question -- a question that's become too consistent. Kairos said they're facing a yearly challenge to stay in that Portland Public Schools building,
- Editorial: On school testing, Utah must make up its mind
- > Jul 18, 6:03 AM: How did we get to this point? It comes down to Utah's conflicting attitudes about parental control and school accountability. On the one side, there is the libertarian view that parents should control their children's
- This charter school wants to focus on dyslexic students. But will the county allow it?
- Jul 18, 5:45 AM: A charter school whose curriculum would focus on the needs of dyslexic students may not get off the ground in Fresno, after a review by the County Superintendent of Schools recommended denying its petition.
- Letter to the Editor: Idaho Virtual Academy
- > Jul 18, 5:34 AM: Online school allowed me time to give back to my community, as I was able to volunteer with hospice patients. In addition, I earned college credits throughout high school through dual enrollment with a local college.
- Column: Is Scott Wagner Harrisburg's 'very worst?' Does Tom Wolf want to kill rural schools?
- > Jul 18, 5:31 AM: Yes, Wolf said at a June 29 Philadelphia news conference that he’s for pushing all state school funding through a “fair-funding formula” to help poorer, urban districts and growing districts by factoring in tax base,
- Local high school students to benefit from state scholarship expansion
- > Jul 18, 5:25 AM: A recent expansion of the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship means high school students will be able to get state support for dual-credit courses in career and technical education that feed into high-demand job sectors, like
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Dotnews.com 100%
- Irving Rambler 100%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Capital & Main 0%
- The Explorer 0%