- Charter school stresses science
- > Nov 19, 7:44 AM: North East Carolina Preparatory School is placing a greater emphasis on STEAM these days. “STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math — all the interrelated disciplines that pertain to exploring,
- Philadelphia school board to consider three new charters
- Nov 19, 7:37 AM: The Philadelphia school board will consider three applications to open charter schools this year, all affiliated with at least one school already operating in the city.
- 1 School Left In Paradise After Others Destroyed By The Camp Fire
- Nov 19, 7:34 AM: California's deadliest wildfire, the Camp Fire, destroyed eight of the nine schools in Paradise. That has left school administrators scrambling to find ways to start teaching kids once again.
- Charter school group calls for online and home school Valiant Academy to close
- > Nov 19, 7:29 AM: A charter school advocacy group on Wednesday called for the closure of Valiant Academy, an online school and home school authorized in east San Diego County, based on its analysis of public school academic performance
- With the school’s future in limbo, Salida del Sol advocates emphasize need for dual-language program in Greeley
- > Nov 19, 7:23 AM: But as it moves through its fourth year of operation, the school some say is important to the community and the east Greeley neighborhoods it serves faces an uncertain future due to low test scores and consistently low
- Editorial: E-schools need to prove themselves
- Nov 19, 7:14 AM: Ohio needs changes in the way education is funded, and appropriately the General Assembly has formed a panel to propose reforms in how online charter schools are paid.
- Editorial: How are these children? Well, indeed - Public and private school programs that are beacons of success
- > Nov 19, 6:52 AM: We’ve been stuck by the approach and results of two of several outstanding programs we’ve encountered – one in the public schools, Positive Directions at South High Community School; and one a tuition-free private school,
- Striving for the Extraordinary at Hardy Brown College Prep
- > Nov 19, 6:49 AM: Hardy Brown College Prep School in San Bernardino achieved remarkable double-digit year over year improvements in student proficiency in both English/Language Arts and Math on this year’s standardized tests—far exceeding
- New private school opens in Roanoke, aims to break poverty cycle
- > Nov 19, 6:45 AM: The brainchild of the local nonprofit McLeod Family Foundation, the school provides full scholarships, free transportation and three hot meals per day to its 10 kindergartners. And the foundation’s trustees, John and Kathy
- Nevada lawmakers begin laying out priorities for Democrat-controlled Legislature
- > Nov 19, 6:39 AM: Republicans have long pushed to fund Education Savings Accounts, an issue Democrats are unlikely to budge on given their majority and a Democrat in the governor’s office. Sisolak campaigned on not taking money away from
- Blended learning allows flexible lessons at TISD campuses
- Nov 19, 6:37 AM: The Temple Independent School District board of trustees recently toured both Bonham and Scott Elementary School in order to see the district’s new blended learning initiative first hand.
- Editorial: No substitute for state support of schools
- > Nov 19, 6:33 AM: This fall voters around the state passed 18 local tax referendums for schools, a reaffirmation that Floridians value public education and are willing to pay for it. But the willingness by voters to invest stands in stark
- Wayne Lewis to Kentucky teachers: Stop 'hateful,' 'nasty' emails
- Nov 19, 6:30 AM: After receiving "incredibly nasty" emails from teachers that launched "personal attacks" on his character, Kentucky Education Chief Wayne Lewis issued a call for civility to the state's educators.
- Hynes Charter, UNO partner to open new school in Gentilly amid heavy demand for seats
- > Nov 19, 6:26 AM: Hynes CEO Michelle Douglas said the new school will respond to an avalanche of applications Hynes receives. Hynes, which accepts pre-K through eighth-grade students, is the most in-demand public elementary school in New
- Panel: Grass roots will drive education reform more than courts
- > Nov 19, 6:12 AM: Creating change and approaching equity in Texas’ education system will require engaging people at the community level, said Celina Moreno, regional counsel for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund. To
- Charter school backers spent millions on statewide races in 2018. They still lost twice.
- Nov 19, 5:56 AM: When former charter school executive Marshall Tuck called Assemblyman Tony Thurmond to concede over the weekend, it marked another defeat for charter-school advocates in California.
- Editorial: Illinois students need more — not fewer — choices
- > Nov 19, 5:53 AM: Soon Illinois no longer will have a governor dedicated to giving students and their parents greater choices in their education. Gov-elect J.B. Pritzker favors a moratorium on charter growth and says he will scrap a state
- Editorial: South Carolina must overhaul its education system
- Nov 19, 5:50 AM: Every few years, the state Legislature convenes a special panel or committee to recommend improvements to education but, unsurprisingly, none of these quick fixes have worked.
- Letters: Private, parochial schools need standards, too
- > Nov 19, 5:31 AM: Thank you for an excellent editorial on the successes and failures of Louisiana’s current school accountability program. As you pointed out, the goal of a rating system should not be to generate numbers, nor should it be
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Dotnews.com 100%
- Irving Rambler 100%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Dickinson Press 0%
- Sequim Gazette 0%