- New Mid-Michigan online school outperforms hundreds across state
- Sep 21, 6:33 AM: A brand new online school in Mid-Michigan is outperforming hundreds of other schools across the state.
- Truancy Rates In D.C. Public And Charter Schools Increased Last Year, Annual Reports Show
- > Sep 21, 6:30 AM: The number of students in the district who missed more than 10 days of school increased in both public and charter schools last year, according to annual reports released this month. 26 percent of DCPS students were
- District administrators fight proposed charter high school in Yonkers
- Sep 21, 6:28 AM: Yonkers public school administrators are fighting against what could be the city's first charter high school, arguing that it will cost them millions of dollars.
- Lawyers argue in court whether charter school parents should have say in funding suit
- > Sep 21, 6:16 AM: An attorney representing charter school parents argued in federal appeals court Wednesday why his clients deserve a say in a St. Louis Public Schools lawsuit that seeks to regain more than $50 million that has gone to
- L.A. County to investigate public school system's enrollment of Catholic school students
- Sep 21, 6:04 AM: Los Angeles County education officials have launched an investigation into fiscal and legal questions surrounding a small public school district that has been enrolling Catholic school students.
- People press Demmer on tax-funded private school scholarships
- Sep 21, 5:44 AM: Community members sought an audience with state Rep. Tom Demmer, R-Dixon, on Wednesday, largely with concerns about the state’s $75 million tax credit program for private school scholarships.
- NC public school teachers are absent more than charter school teachers, study finds
- > Sep 21, 5:35 AM: More than a third of teachers in North Carolina’s traditional public schools are chronically absent – double the rate of their peers in the state’s charter schools, according to a new national study released Wednesday.
- Teachers union snubs Syracuse mayoral candidate seeking control of schools
- Sep 21, 5:30 AM: Officials said the union doesn't support Lavine's proposals for mayoral control of schools or her call for increased charter school funding.
- JPS parents look for balance, advocacy in takeover talks
- Sep 21, 5:24 AM: The day after the state Board of Education recommended Gov. Phil Bryant “declare an extreme state emergency” in Jackson Public Schools, Michelle Henry woke up with uncertainty.
- New law puts charter school students in play
- > Sep 21, 5:17 AM: Charter schools in Medford are praising a new law that allows charter students to participate in extracurricular programs — including sports — in the district, but that victory comes with a price tag.
- How Richmond school officials plan on turning around underperforming schools
- Sep 21, 5:13 AM: With less than half of Richmond public schools gaining full accreditation from the state, school officials are turning to individual plans to help turn around underperforming schools.
- School official hit over donations to charter school advocacy group
- > Sep 21, 5:05 AM: When Paul Sagan, chairman of the state Board of Elementary and Secondary Education, faced calls for his resignation last September after it was revealed that he had donated $100,000 to a ballot campaign pushing the
- Lawmaker wants new measure of school success
- > Sep 21, 4:56 AM: Some lawmakers are pushing to change how the state ranks and holds schools accountable for student performance, arguing that the current system harms poor communities with large numbers of English language learners and
- Denver Public Schools making changes to choice process meant to benefit low-income parents
- > Sep 21, 4:50 AM: Denver Public Schools is making changes to its nationally recognized school choice system, in part to make it easier for low-income parents to navigate and to assuage fears of undocumented families wary of providing
- Education chief in Betsy DeVos’s home state blasts school choice — but then takes it back
- > Sep 20, 6:56 AM: Brian Whiston is the superintendent of public instruction in Michigan, the home state of U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, who has played a pivotal role in the growth of the state’s controversial charter school sector
- TASB hears charter school plea
- Sep 20, 6:52 AM: Tunkhannock Area School Board heard Thursday from representatives of a group that is potentially interested in starting a charter school in the Mehoopany Elementary School once it is vacated next summer.
- Many parents still don't know about vouchers, other school choice options
- > Sep 20, 6:24 AM: About one-third of parents who participated in a recent survey about school choice options in Indiana said they hadn't heard of the program that gives low- and middle-income families public money to put toward tuition at
- Camden's first charter school, LEAP Academy, marks 20th year
- > Sep 20, 6:03 AM: On Tuesday, Bonilla-Santiago burst with pride as LEAP celebrated its 20th anniversary at a gathering downtown. With 1,500 students in grades pre-K through 12, it is one of the largest charter schools in New Jersey and has
- Report: Traditional public school teachers absent more than those in charter schools
- Sep 20, 5:50 AM: Louisiana teachers in traditional public schools are nearly three times more likely to be chronically absent than charter school teachers, according to a national study released Tuesday.
- Gillingham Charter School wins appeal
- Sep 20, 5:48 AM: On Tuesday morning, at a hearing at the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the Pennsylvania Charter Appeal Board decided to renew the charter for the school based in Pottsville.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Dotnews.com 100%
- Irving Rambler 100%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- KGW 0%
- Cambridge News 0%