- Few teachers believe unions do a good job representing their views
- May 24, 7:24 AM: A little more than a quarter of teachers surveyed say their beliefs are well-represented by their union, while one-fifth say their union doesn’t represent their views at all.
- Education Department Begins Process To Revoke Windham School's Charter
- May 24, 7:22 AM: The State Board of Education voted unanimously Wednesday to begin the process to revoke the charter of Path Academy in Windham, state education officials said.
- Column: Desegregation lawsuit: Let all the school funding really follow the child
- May 24, 7:19 AM: We conservatives have always believed that the focus of education should be on the children, not the adults who make their livelihood off them.
- Wilmington’s planned arts charter school holds launch party
- > May 24, 6:29 AM: Wilmington School of the Arts (WSA) is a proposed public, tuition-free charter school in Wilmington’s Northside community. School leaders plan to open WSA in August 2019, assuming the school gets state approval.
- Lawmakers look to help ECOT students' new schools
- > May 24, 6:25 AM: Maumee-based Ohio Virtual Academy’s attempt to treat student transfers from what used to be the state’s largest online charter school differently from the rest of its enrollment failed Wednesday in the state Senate.
- School choice doesn't work, educators tell Civil Rights Commission
- > May 24, 6:18 AM: As the U.S. Department of Education looks for ways to expand school choice programs, Michigan educators testified Monday to how the state's Schools of Choice policy has contributed to inequities among schools and uneven
- State Senate OKs rural school aid for county districts
After years of state, school and town officials beating the drum for rural school aid, rural districts, including Mohawk, Frontier, Pioneer Valley, and the 19 member-town Franklin County Technical School District, could >
May 24, 6:15 AM:
- Tax rates, charters and more: The powers JCPS could lose in a takeover
- May 24, 6:06 AM: The Jefferson County school board can hire superintendents, sign off on new charter schools and manage district funds.
- Robb: Judge charter schools on their performance, not how they are managed
- May 24, 5:51 AM: The public discussion about charter schools in Arizona badly needs some perspective. And a firmer grounding in what a charter school is and is not.
- Dropout recovery high schools are considering leaving Duval
- > May 24, 5:46 AM: Catapult Academy, a private, for-profit learning center operator with seven Jacksonville satellite locations, sent a note home to its 861 students and their parents saying the centers might not reopen for the coming school
- Short on students, 3 Indianapolis charter schools are closing. But 6 more will open in the fall
- May 24, 5:39 AM: Three Indianapolis charter schools facing financial struggles will close at the end of this school year, underscoring just how difficult it can be for charter schools to create sustainable operations.
- Senate adopts limits on charter school expansion
- > May 24, 5:37 AM: The Board of Elementary and Secondary Education would be prohibited from approving new charter schools or charter expansions unless the Legislature fully funds charter school reimbursements for local districts under a
- Auditor general blasts Aspira and Pa. charter-school law
- > May 24, 5:28 AM: Pennsylvania’s auditor general on Wednesday blasted Aspira Inc. of Pennsylvania’s management of four Philadelphia charter schools and a cyber charter, likening the organization to a “fox guarding the henhouse” as he called
- Opinion: Providing quality education for all students
- > May 24, 5:16 AM: Future economic growth in Southeast Michigan depends on preparing all students for success, beginning in preschool through post- secondary education. Quality education – whether this means K-12, 2 or 4 year college, or
- New York City Schools Chief Questions How Students Are Screened
- > May 24, 4:45 AM: New York City’s new schools chancellor on Wednesday questioned the rationale for public schools that screen students by ability, a key element of admissions at many schools in the nation’s largest district.
- Democrats propose funding teacher pay raises by canceling tax cuts for the wealthy
- May 23, 7:30 AM: Responding to teacher walkouts across the country, congressional Democrats on Tuesday proposed raising teachers’ salaries by canceling the tax cut for the nation’s top 1 percent of earners.
- Opinion: The irony of charter school unionization
- May 23, 7:29 AM: Created to exist as an educational alternative free from the bureaucracy of district public schools and the special interests of teachers unions, charter schools were once a unique educational model.
- Tennessee receives glowing marks on national reports for improved student expectations
- > May 23, 7:21 AM: Tennessee has not only closed the gap in how it reports student learning compared to the rest of the nation but also set some of the highest education requirements among all states, according to a set of national reports
- Detroit school board OKs Duggan's bus loop idea for northwest Detroit
- > May 23, 7:18 AM: The system was designed as a way to boost enrollment at charter schools and schools in the Detroit Public Schools Community District by making it easier for students to get to and from school using bus service.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Dotnews.com 100%
- Irving Rambler 100%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Sunnyside Daily Sun News 0%
- Osprey Observer 0%