- Conservatives to DeVos: Be careful what you wish for on school choice
- Mar 29, 7:35 AM: By her own admission, U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos came here to push the USA’s public education system to support not just public schools, but also private and religious schools.
- National charter school leaders oppose Trump’s education budget
- Mar 29, 7:14 AM: The Breakthrough charter schools here in Cleveland today joined a group of 20 high-scoring charter school operators in opposing President Donald Trump's education budget.
- NYC Charter School Pleads to Stay Open
- Mar 29, 7:02 AM: Parents, students and leaders at a New York City charter school squared off with Department of Education officials Tuesday as they made their case for keeping their school open.
- Charter school launches first senior class
- Mar 29, 7:00 AM: The first senior class at North East Carolina Prep School already has won more than $1,200,000 in scholarship money as students head off to colleges in the fall.
- Magnolia Avenue parents, teachers protest sharing campus with charter school
- Mar 29, 6:45 AM: About 50 parents, teachers and students from Magnolia Avenue Elementary School gathered Tuesday in downtown Los Angeles to protest the addition of a charter school on Magnolia’s campus.
- Teachers at a fifth New Orleans charter school seeking a union
- Mar 29, 6:42 AM: Teachers are unionizing at another of New Orleans' independent charter schools. And, as usual, things have gotten contentious.
- School District of Lancaster notches another legal victory over rejected charter school
- Mar 29, 6:38 AM: School District of Lancaster has marked another victory in its costly, three-year battle with the Academy of Business and Entrepreneurship Charter School.
- Legislation would return tax dollars mishandled in charter schools to the local school districts
- Mar 29, 6:37 AM: Ohio Rep. Kristina Roegner says tax dollars recouped from mismanaged charter schools belong to local school districts, not the state.
- Hamilton school board passes charter school policy to close loophole
- > Mar 29, 6:35 AM: When the Hamilton Township School District received an application for the proposed Theresa M. Fredericks STEAM Academy Charter School last year, it was filed away in a drawer. School board members never knew the New Jersey
- Fayette school board member questions Kentucky’s charter school law
- Mar 29, 6:32 AM: Fayette County school board member Doug Barnett, an attorney, says school district officials should consider challenging the constitutionality of the law that will allow charter schools in Kentucky for the first time.
- Excitement, disappointment during annual school lottery in West Philadelphia
- Mar 29, 6:29 AM: More than 1,300 kids applied, but there was only room for 81. Global Leadership Academy in West Philadelphia held their annual lottery Tuesday night. Some parents left overjoyed, many more left disappointed.
- Florida House scales back wide-ranging school choice plan
- Mar 29, 6:11 AM: A wide-ranging school choice bill was stripped down before passing a key subcommittee Tuesday, but the shape of the final legislation is still in flux as it nears the House floor.
- Panel OKs school savings plan
- Mar 29, 5:59 AM: A House panel on Tuesday narrowly approved a revived attempt to provide education funds to parents looking for options other than traditional public schools for their children.
- Delaware bill pushes changes to charter school rules
- Mar 29, 5:29 AM: Lawmakers are considering changes to charter school enrollment preferences and the school choice process.
- Senator considers shrinking voucher bill to boost chances of passage
- > Mar 29, 5:17 AM: The lawmaker carrying the Senate's "school choice" bill plans to narrow the scope of the measure in hopes of winning over rural legislators hesitant to vote for the bill that would allow Texas parents to use public money to pay
- Senate increases tax credits for scholarships
- Mar 29, 5:15 AM: The Georgia Senate on Tuesday approved an increase of the cap on the state’s tax credit for private school scholarships program.
- School scoring bill sent to Hogan, who promises veto
- Mar 29, 4:56 AM: Democrats in the Maryland General Assembly on Tuesday passed legislation establishing parameters for school evaluations that the state school board strongly opposes and Gov. Larry Hogan has promised to veto.
- National Ranking: AZ charter school laws are second best in the nation (CER in the news)
- Mar 28, 7:24 AM: The Center for Education Reform is giving Arizona and “A” for its laws on charter schools, moving Arizona up three spots (since 2015) in the national ranking to No 2.
- Trump Nixes Obama-era Rules for New Federal K-12 Law
- > Mar 28, 7:21 AM: President Donald Trump is set to sign into law Monday the two resolutions that roll back Obama-era regulations that inform state education officials how they are supposed to implement the new federal education law, the Every Student
- Missouri and Kansas charter school laws rank low compared with other states
- Mar 28, 7:19 AM: As Missouri lawmakers debate legislation that could expand the existence of charter schools across the state, the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools released rankings on the strength of charter school laws.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Dotnews.com 100%
- Irving Rambler 100%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- The Riverdale Press 0%
- Tullahoma News and Guardian 0%