- Thousands of SCS students haven’t logged in to virtual class, SCS says
- Sep 16, 6:49 AM: Shelby County Schools said thousands of students have still not logged into virtual class after more than two weeks into the school year.
- Shelby County parent starts a petition calling for virtual school to be shortened
- Sep 10, 6:12 AM: Over the weekend parents said the first week went well, but some parents think virtual school should be shorter and have started a petition online.
- More school choice will benefit all Tennesseans | Opinion
- > Sep 10, 5:49 AM: If the Lee administration is successful in its appeal, then the program will provide low- and middle-income students enrolled in Nashville and Memphis public schools with an education savings account worth up to $7,300 a
- Opinion: Time To Address Or End The Achievement School District In Tennessee
- Sep 9, 7:15 AM: In the ASD, we created false and misleading hope for truly the most vulnerable of children. These children will not discover the promise of the future without quality education.
- How one Nashville charter school is navigating virtual school for a semester
- Sep 8, 6:30 AM: For virtual learning to be successful this semester, the school has to be intentional about building relationships and connecting with students, school officials say.
- Nashville parents, joined by school board member and council rep, call for schools to reopen
- > Sep 1, 6:48 AM: Despite the steady rain, dozens of parents and students gathered in the parking lot of the Metro Nashville Public Schools administration building Monday night, speaking out against the district's decision to continue
- 'We are really disabling them' Upset parents plan rally in opposition to MNPS plan
- > Aug 31, 7:57 AM: A group of Metro Nashville Public School parents and students will be holding a rally on Monday to demand the option of in-person and virtual learning. In addition, they’re upset about the postponement of high school
- 'Ride it out': Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy opens its doors for new school year
- > Aug 27, 6:39 AM: Since Monday, the all-girls public charter school has offered students the choice of participating either full time virtually or as hybrid learners, going into the school two days a week and participating in online
- Three charter schools appeal Metro Nashville school board denial to State Board of Education
- Aug 27, 6:36 AM: Three potential charter schools appealed decisions made by the Metro Nashville Board of Education, denying them charters, to the Tennessee State Board of Education Wednesday.
- Letter: School Choice Is More Important Than Ever
- > Aug 25, 5:41 AM: Often, well-meaning people push for more funding for government schools, saying that our schools are “underfunded” when in reality that is not the case. Let’s take the Hamilton County schools as an example.
- Memphis charter network looks back on a week of virtual learning
- > Aug 14, 7:09 AM: Because FCS invested months in planning, White said, he’s optimistic that his students will succeed and be ready to transition back to in-person learning when it’s safe again. “In the short term, I believe we’re going to
- What we know about Florida Virtual School before a Knox County Board of Education vote
- Aug 12, 6:57 AM: With about 30% of Knox County Schools students opting for virtual learning this fall, the district in considering using an outside group named Florida Virtual School to make distance learning possible.
- Nashville parent creates petition demanding choices in learning for Metro Schools
- Aug 11, 6:28 AM: Parents are pleading for options when it comes to metro schools. Nearly 2,000 people have signed a petition asking for the choice of in school learning by September.
- OPINION: Mocked by his teacher for his ambition as a fourth-grader, this Black father is all-in on charter schools for his own children
- > Aug 6, 7:12 AM: But what if I told you that in Nashville, we have something that’s been chipping away at educational inequities and changing the lives of Black and Brown children in our city? We have a handful of public schools getting
- Familiar arguments as Tennessee judges hear appeal over block to Lee's school voucher program in ongoing case
- Aug 6, 5:50 AM: The pivotal question over Gov. Bill Lee's controversial school voucher program remains whether limiting the program to just two counties — Davidson and Shelby — is unconstitutional.
- Tennessee Court of Appeals to hear arguments Wednesday on school-choice program
- Aug 5, 7:33 AM: The Tennessee Court of Appeals will hear arguments Wednesday on the constitutionality of the state’s Education Savings Account Pilot Program.
- As public schools prepare for remote learning, area private schools plan to welcome students back in person
- > Aug 3, 6:19 AM: Though both of Washington County’s public school systems will begin their school years remotely, private schools are preparing to do just the opposite, and welcome students back for in-person learning.
- When schools reopen, Shelby County's students deserve better than 'normal' | Opinion
- Jul 30, 6:14 AM: Shelby County Schools has an incredible opportunity to learn from this pandemic, to demonstrate courage, and continue innovating its schools, calendar, and curriculum.
- TN teachers call for mask mandate, virtual learning as Gov. Bill Lee pushes to reopen schools
- > Jul 28, 6:48 AM: The evening before Gov. Bill Lee and Tennessee Education Commissioner Penny Schwinn are expected to unveil the state's school reopening plan, dozens of teachers in Nashville and other areas of the state are calling on the
- Nashville Teacher Union Does Not Want In-Person School To Start Until There Are 14 Days Without A New Case Of Coronavirus
- > Jul 27, 7:42 AM: The Metropolitan Nashville Education Association (MNEA), in conjunction with Tennessee Safe Return to Campus, said it will be leading a mock funeral procession through downtown Nashville in protest called “Dead Students
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Nashville City Paper 83%
- Memphis Parent 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Herald & Tribune - Online 0%
- WTNZ-TV - Online 0%