- Opinion: Statewide commission will ensure high bar for charter schools
- > May 23, 6:27 AM: Tennessee families have access to a variety of school choices for their children, including local public schools, public charter schools and other non-public entities. In this landscape, public charter school authorizers
- Nashville was desperate for tech workers. This man created a new crop of coders
- > May 21, 7:37 AM: While many Nashville business leaders were focused on addressing the issue through K-12 education or by recruiting from other cities, Wark decided to pursue another strategy — build a vocational school that would teach
- Statewide Charter Commission Will Ensure High Bar For Charter Schools
- > May 21, 4:57 AM: Ensuring only the best public charter schools are operating in our state enhances the high-quality school choice options available to Tennessee families. We believe this statewide commission will help further our goal as a
- These programs aim to prepare Nashville public school students for college. Why only three give them credits.
- May 14, 8:27 AM: Of the six programs meant to provide Nashville public school students a leg up in college, only three guarantee college credits in Tennessee, a new report shows.
- FBI investigates controversial voucher vote
- > May 10, 6:04 AM: That vouchers legislation narrowly passed the state House last month on a 50-48 vote. The vote was initially deadlocked 49-49, and House Speaker Glen Casada kept the vote open for 40 minutes until he convinced Rep. Jason
- Nearly 1,000 Nashville school teachers out again Monday amid protests over funding, pay
- May 6, 7:33 AM: Nearly 1,000 Metro Nashville Public Schools teachers called out on Monday morning, a school official said.
- High number of MNPS teachers to be absent Friday, district says
- May 3, 7:20 AM: Amanda Kail, president-elect for the Metropolitan Nashville Education Association, said the teacher absences are meant as a protest against Briley's proposed budget.
- Opinion: ESAs let parents tailor education to each child's needs
- > May 2, 6:02 AM: A proposal passed by state lawmakers may help families like the Gaughs who wish to customize their child’s learning according to his or her needs. It would do this by making education savings accounts available to more
- School voucher program could total more than $330M by 2024 but not all with new money, analysis shows
- > May 2, 5:42 AM: The amount of money that could go toward Gov. Bill Lee's controversial school voucher program could exceed $330 million by 2024, although not all of that would be new tax dollars, according to a new fiscal analysis.
- Memphis, Nashville schools oppose state’s Education Savings Account bills
- > Apr 30, 5:33 AM: Memphis and Nashville school leaders say they are prepared for a legal fight against the proposed Education Savings Account plan that made its way through the General Assembly last week, saying it violates the state's
- Blount County protesters decry state voucher bill
- Apr 30, 5:29 AM: Protesters gathered in front of the Blount County courthouse Monday, letting lawmakers know they are against a proposal which would allow families to take public dollars to pay for private school tuition.
- Tennessee School Vouchers Clear Senate, But Conflicts With House Must Be Resolved
- Apr 26, 6:10 AM: Gov. Bill Lee's school voucher initiative cleared the Tennessee Senate Thursday after a lengthy debate among lawmakers.
- After reforming public education, why subsidize private schools? | Opinion
- Apr 26, 5:44 AM: Tennessee has been recognized across the country for its innovative and bipartisan effort to transform public education.
- President Donald Trump praises Tennessee's effort to approve education savings accounts
- > Apr 25, 8:17 AM: Gov. Bill Lee's education savings account is set to be voted on in the Senate on Thursday. The current version of the legislation in front of the upper chamber is significantly different than the one approved in the
- Review & Outlook: A Tennessee Education
- > Apr 25, 8:15 AM: This week the Tennessee Senate can give children now trapped in failing schools a lifeline to a decent education. Let’s hope the Volunteer State Senators seize the opportunity—and pass the voucher bill pushed by Gov. Bill
- Nashville charter school Knowledge Academies under scrutiny for financial, academic issues
- Apr 25, 7:37 AM: The Nashville charter school Knowledge Academies is under scrutiny for financial and academic issues that culminated in the firing of its top official earlier this month.
- Nashville public schools finds a new use for old Bailey Middle School building
- Apr 24, 7:00 AM: Nashville public schools found a quick use for the East Nashville Magnet Middle School building that will soon be vacated after it approved a lease with an East Nashville charter school.
- Tennessee Senate, House at odds on whether Hamilton County is in or out of Gov. Lee's school voucher bill
- > Apr 24, 5:25 AM: Republican Gov. Bill Lee's controversial private school voucher-like bill barely squeaked through the Tennessee House Tuesday amid prayers, pleas and pressure, even as a much narrower Senate version that removes Hamilton
- Opinion: Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee's Education Savings Account program invests in hope
- Apr 24, 4:55 AM: Education Savings Accounts would put our students first and ensure that every child in Tennessee has access to a high quality education and a future.
- What Gov. Lee’s voucher plan may mean for black students | Opinion
- > Apr 23, 5:27 AM: We know that many private schools in the South were founded during the height of court-ordered desegregation in the 1970s as havens for white families. While their segregationist origins have mostly faded from the public
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Nashville City Paper 83%
- Memphis Parent 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Herald & Tribune - Online 0%
- WTNZ-TV - Online 0%