- Closing the country’s first all-girls Catholic school is a mistake | Opinion
- > Dec 3, 8:30 AM: The decision to close John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls High School is short-sighted and a misstep by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia that will negatively impact young women for years to come. The board of directors implores
- Commentary: Should the Philly School Board be elected instead of appointed?
- > Dec 2, 6:40 AM: We recently learned that another member of our appointed Board is resigning and the Mayor is in the process of filling the vacancies. Philadelphia’s students, families, and educators are locked out of the process, afforded
- How cyber schools are failing PA children | Opinion
- > Dec 2, 6:37 AM: However, it is also important that we do what is best for students, and as they stand right now, cyber charter schools are not the best choice for most students. As a public school student and future educator myself, I
- Montgomery County parents stage another COVID-19 school-closing protest, this time with a road rally
- > Nov 30, 7:16 AM: Schillinger said her children have had just three days of in-person learning in the Hatboro-Horsham School District since March. That’s why she helped organize “Voice for Choice — Open Our Schools,” a car rally that drove
- Philly’s Black-led charter schools are treated unfairly, new group says
- > Nov 25, 9:12 AM: Philadelphia’s Black-led charter schools play an important role in educating thousands of city children, yet are routinely subjected to inequities and racial bias by the School District, leaders of a new coalition said
- Philly’s Black-led charter schools band together for ‘Black Schools Matter’ campaign
- Nov 25, 9:10 AM: A group of Philadelphia charter schools led by Black educators are banding together to highlight racial inequities in the public school system, and advocate for more resources.
- Agora Cyber Charter talks learning curve amid pandemic
- > Nov 24, 8:19 AM: For many families, virtual learning is a learning curve. If you’re one of those families, or if your child has expressed an interest in virtual learning during the coronavirus pandemic, Agora Cyber Charter wants to lead
- School districts foresee crisis over pandemic cyber shift
- Nov 23, 6:48 AM: Public school officials across Pennsylvania were already concerned about cyber charter schools pulling funding away from already cash-strapped school districts before the COVID-19 pandemic hit.
- The coronavirus crisis has highlighted the value of cyber charter schools | Opinion
- > Nov 20, 8:46 AM: We are thankful for the Commonwealth’s continued support. Public funding – which is allocated to every Pennsylvania student, not to a particular school or district – is essential for cyber charter schools to give
- During pandemic, cyber charter schools are an important alternative for parents, kids | Opinion
- Nov 20, 8:30 AM: Earlier this year, every school district in Pennsylvania shifted to emergency online learning as part of the fight against a global pandemic.
- Parents sue to block Montgomery County's two-week virtual school order
- > Nov 19, 7:45 AM: A group of parents has gone to court to prevent a Montgomery County Board of Health order that would require all public and private schools to move to an all-virtual learning model for a two-week period around the
- Supers: Remote learning poses motivation, engagement challenges
- Nov 19, 7:18 AM: Local school district leaders say more students are experiencing academic distress this year than in previous years, and remote learning has played a large part in that.
- Feds reject Pa.’s plan to spend up to $300M in stimulus money for school property tax relief
- > Nov 17, 7:30 AM: For more than a decade, state lawmakers have sent yearly payments to Pennsylvania’s school districts so they can lower residents' property tax bills. These payments are funded by gambling revenue, which has taken a major
- Column: Charter schools a great solution for many Chester County families
- > Nov 17, 7:27 AM: I found it encouraging to read about U.S. Representative Chrissy Houlahan’s recent forum, “How to transform the education system in the wake of COVID-19”. During this forum, Nithyua Joseph shared, “The research shows us
- Montgomery County Parents Rally Outside Official’s Home After Vote To Move Schooling Online For 2 Weeks
- Nov 16, 8:30 AM: Parents in Montgomery County took action after the board of commissioners voted to move all classroom instruction to virtual for the next two weeks.
- As COVID-19 cases increase, teachers union asks for remote learning in some counties
- Nov 16, 7:47 AM: As COVID-19 cases across Pennsylvania continue to soar, the head of the state’s teachers union is asking school districts in counties with substantial spread to return to remote learning full time.
- Cyber charter school costs skyrocket in Luzerne County
- Nov 16, 6:05 AM: Facing a coronavirus pandemic expected to continue this school year and limited educational options in her school district, Heather Jones enrolled her daughter in a cyber charter school.
- Montgomery County delays vote on closing schools in response to coronavirus surge after uproar from angry parents
- > Nov 13, 8:41 AM: After more than two hours of public comments — largely from angry parents adamant that schools should not be closed — the Montgomery County Board of Health on Thursday pushed back a vote on whether to shut down schools for
- Pennsylvania’s largest teacher’s union wants schools in dozens of counties to go to remote learning
- > Nov 12, 7:51 AM: The president of the Pennsylvania State Education Association said school districts across the state need to keep students, staff and visitors safe and, in some instances, that may mean moving to remote learning.
- Citing surge in COVID-19, Philly schools reverse reopening plan; will continue virtual instruction until further notice
Citing surge in COVID-19, Philly schools reverse reopening plan; will continue virtual instruction until further notice
Nov 11, 6:58 AM:
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- New Pittsburgh Courier 100%
- The Mercury 88%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Philadelphia City Paper - Online 0%
- Echo Pilot - Online 0%