- Medford School District questions ethics of Logos Public Charter School
- Oct 3, 6:39 AM: A series of emails and letters are outlining a new disagreement brewing between Medford School District and Logos Public Charter School.
- Emotions run high as Portland Public Schools plans to shuffle 5,000 students
- Sep 28, 6:44 AM: Oregon's largest school district plans to jostle 5,000 students —10 percent of its enrollment — as part of a long-awaited effort to fix education inequities.
- Mayor Urges Portland Schools To Let Charter School Stay Put
- Sep 22, 5:06 AM: Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler is the latest area leader to call on Oregon’s largest school district to let a small charter school stay where it is.
- Charter student not allowed to join choir at Beaverton elementary school
- Sep 22, 4:54 AM: A Beaverton mom is upset after her son wasn’t allowed to join an elementary school choir. The reason: he’s a charter school student.
- New law puts charter school students in play
- > Sep 21, 5:17 AM: Charter schools in Medford are praising a new law that allows charter students to participate in extracurricular programs — including sports — in the district, but that victory comes with a price tag.
- Parent survey results show why K-12 students choose to attend online schools
- Sep 11, 5:58 AM: Thousands of students from across the state headed back-to-school Tuesday without boarding a yellow bus, searching the hallways to find a locker or rushing to class when the bell rings.
- Converting to charter school boosts Alsea enrollment
- > Aug 31, 5:26 AM: Marc Thielman, Alsea’s superintendent and principal, said the school has about 150 students this year — about 20 more than forecast — thanks to converting to a charter school earlier this year. That change allows the
- Bend-La Pine Schools to open second charter school
- Aug 25, 7:01 AM: When Desert Sky opens next month, it will have 101 students. The school has set its cap at 108 students — it is looking to accept a few more, plus it will offer a waiting list.
- Cannon Beach Academy is a go
- > Aug 17, 5:48 AM: Cannon Beach will have an elementary school again. It’s a project that supporters of the charter school have been working toward for almost four years after the old elementary school was closed for tsunami safety reasons
- Wallowa schools examine charter options
- > Aug 16, 5:37 AM: Wallowa School District is investigating the value of converting from a public school to a charter school. A public meeting with Steve Kelly, an Oregon School Board Association moderator, and the Wallowa School Board was
- Charter school moves ahead with its sport programs
- > Aug 14, 5:06 AM: Although a senate bill that passed the Oregon Legislature this past session would have allowed students from a local charter school to not be barred access to Ontario School District extracurricular activities, such as
- Kings Valley Charter School requests public input on possible district boundary change
- > Jul 26, 6:34 AM: Kings Valley Charter School is holding a meeting to gather public input while it considers a change of the district boundary to become part of the Falls City School District. vThe charter school is currently sponsored by
- Supreme Court dismisses suit between Oregon Connections Academy, Scio schools
- > Jul 10, 6:28 AM: According to Academy officials, their plans to expand and enhance the online learning program nearly two years ago could not be fulfilled by the Scio School District. The Academy signed a new charter in 2015 with Santiam
- Molalla school board considers intent to terminate RPA charter
- > Jun 28, 7:15 AM: A Molalla River School District memo outlines 16 alleged 'deficiencies in practice and performance' at Renaissance Public Academy, a district charter school. The school board addressed the matter during a June 29 special
- Virtual school brings public education to students across Oregon
- > Jun 13, 6:54 AM: Some families are opting for another way of schooling their kids. The Oregon Connections Academy is a virtual public school. It brings public education to students in grades k-12 across Oregon using virtual technology.
- State aims to lessen brunt of charter high school
- > May 30, 5:41 AM: The state has placed a formal cap on the number of students entering the high school program at a local charter school. There’s even a suggestion for the school to temporarily stop recruiting students from Ontario School
- Another speed bump for Cannon Beach Academy
- May 11, 5:06 AM: Days after securing enough students to open the Cannon Beach Academy, the board of directors will have to find a new location before opening this fall.
- Alsea converting to charter school
- > May 5, 6:17 AM: The Alsea School Board is on the verge of finalizing plans to convert the district’s lone school into a charter school, a change that will allow the district to advertise the school and run buses into other districts.
- Bill passed by Oregon Senate would allow charter students to play public school sports
- > Apr 28, 6:26 AM: The bill passed Wednesday, and now moves to the house of representatives. If passed, it would require school districts to allow public charter school students to participate in extracurriculars. Logos director Joe
- Howard Street Charter gets a cut to district funding
- > Apr 20, 6:54 AM: Nancy MacMorris-Adix, the chairperson of the school board, said the funding level was an equity issue. MacMorris-Adix and other board members expressed their support for the charter and said the decrease in funding was not
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Corvallis Gazette-Times - Online 83%
- Register-Guard - Online 68%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Cottage Grove Sentinel - Online 17%
- Register-Guard 17%