- OKC charter school recognized as a Blue Ribbon School for Excellence by U.S. Department of Education
One Oklahoma City charter school has been recognized nationally for their academic success. Dove Science Academy in Oklahoma City has been recognized as a Blue Ribbon School for Excellence by the U.S. Department of >
Oct 13, 5:15 AM:
- Hickman joins Epic Charter Schools as managing director
- > Oct 11, 6:23 AM: Epic Charter Schools has hired Shelly Hickman as managing director of external affairs. Hickman will serve as the organization’s chief media spokesperson and be responsible for strategic communications, marketing and
- Virtual charters a growing part of state's education landscape
- > Sep 18, 6:10 AM: Over 13,200 students attended a virtual charter school last year, according to the state Department of Education, which is more than all students at traditional charter schools. It's also more than five times the
- Ardmore board rejects "rural" charter school, setting up appeal
- > Sep 11, 4:47 AM: A proposed “rural” charter school in Ardmore has been rejected by the local school board, setting up a potential appeal to the state Board of Education, which already has overturned decisions by two other local boards this
- Oklahoma School Voucher Program Grows
- Sep 5, 4:57 AM: The growth of an Oklahoma school voucher program for disabled children is fueling the expansion of private schools that offer specialized education.
- ACS Board rejects charter school application, citing a lack of clear answers
- > Sep 5, 4:49 AM: The Ardmore City Schools Board of Education has rejected a proposed charter school, Ardmore Community Academy, citing questions about funding, transportation and support within the community they said the charter’s
- Tulsa Charter School Targets Students In Area Known For High-Crime, Poverty
- > Aug 25, 6:02 AM: Students are back in the classroom, including a Tulsa college prep charter school targeting a part of town with high crime and poverty. School leaders said they believe education is the key to reducing crime and poverty
- Le Monde International School is moving forward in process to open school
- > Aug 24, 6:10 AM: Salmond said there are two main steps the Le Monde board will complete in the next month or so. The first is putting the final touches on the agreement between the charter school and the Norman Community Church of the
- Online School Offers Alternative, Flexible Education
- Aug 22, 6:09 AM: For some students, traditional class just doesn't work and "back to school" means something very different. Instead of lining up, they're logging on.
- Statewide teacher shortage: TPS beefing up supports as more career-changers answer call to teach
- > Aug 21, 4:59 AM: After years of grappling with a statewide teacher shortage, TPS officials are reporting a sudden uptick in applications from people just like Meacham — career-changers with little to no education experience, answering the
- Oklahoma charter school sees dramatic results in behavior after implementing ‘Action Based Learning’ lab
- > Aug 18, 6:59 AM: "With the fidelity of using the lab, we started seeing our discipline data drop dramatically,” Rayner said. For the month of December, for example, the year before last, there were 60 kids sent to the office for bad
- Downtown charter school sees more downtown students
- > Aug 18, 6:35 AM: John Rex Charter Elementary was built in the middle of downtown three years ago with a goal to become a neighborhood school as downtown Oklahoma City grew into a neighborhood with new families. The school is mostly
- Deadline looms for possible public charter school
- Aug 17, 5:56 AM: The deadline is approaching for Ardmore City Schools to decide whether or not to approve a public charter school coming to Ardmore.
- Online charter school helps student achieve rodeo dreams
- > Aug 17, 5:50 AM: Now a high school senior at EPIC Charter Schools, it is her time to shine. Her sport takes time and practice but she makes time for school. The Marlow, Okla., resident spends countless hours on the road and in the arena –
- Charter school with holistic approach in the works still has unsure future
- Aug 17, 5:47 AM: A charter school with a unique take on education may come to Ardmore, but its fate is undecided as of now.
- Oklahoma City school board approves charter school expansion
- Aug 15, 6:13 AM: A south side charter school program with more than 3,000 students opened a fourth elementary school last week without first notifying Oklahoma City Public Schools, a district official said Monday night.
- New Rating System Proposed For Virtual Schools
- > Aug 14, 5:59 AM: The state agency that oversees virtual schools has proposed a new grading system to improve oversight of the schools, which have experienced persistent low academic performance coupled with climbing enrollment.
- Despite education funding challenges, EPIC rolls out new option for families
- Aug 4, 7:01 AM: In less than five weeks, students at EPIC Charter Schools will return to their studies. Usually this means starting work on a new online curriculum.
- Oklahoma charter schools sue over state funding inequities
- Jul 28, 7:25 AM: The Oklahoma Public Charter School Association is suing the state Board of Education over inequities in funding.
- Charter School Group Sues State Education Board Over Funding
- Jul 27, 6:31 AM: A pro-charter school group has filed a lawsuit in hopes of increasing charter schools’ share of state and local education funding.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Tulsa Today 83%
- NewsOK - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Shawnee News-Star - Online, The 0%
- NewsOn6.com 17%