- Charter school group accuses OKC district of wrongdoing
- > Nov 3, 6:28 AM: A charter school group suing the state for a bigger piece of the funding pie is accusing Oklahoma's two largest districts of including charter students for attendance purposes but not sharing the money with those
- Virtual Schools Could Reap Largest Gains in Charter Schools Lawsuit
- Nov 2, 6:16 AM: Virtual charter schools stand to receive the largest share of local tax funding if a lawsuit by a pro-charter-school group is successful.
- Oklahoma's charter school lawsuit is part of national push to increase revenues
- > Oct 30, 6:07 AM: The Oklahoma Public Charter School Association’s lawsuit against the state aims to accomplish what legislation recently did in Colorado and Florida — increase charter schools’ access to public dollars.
- Ardmore charter school backers fail again
- Oct 27, 5:59 AM: On Thursday evening, supporters of that charter school appealed the decision at the Ardmore High School cafeteria, but they did not get the answer they were seeking.
- OKC district intervenes in charter school lawsuit
- > Oct 26, 5:20 AM: Oklahoma City Public Schools may have to cut staff, close schools and redistribute resources if a charter school group successfully sues the state for a share of the district's local tax money, according to a court
- Emergency stay or restraining order sought in charter schools' funding lawsuit against state
- > Oct 25, 6:20 AM: Oklahoma City Public Schools moved to halt any settlement of the Oklahoma Public Charter School Association’s funding lawsuit against the state, while the Tulsa school board voted to also legally intervene.
- TPS, OKC school boards consider entering legal fight as charter schools sue to get a share of local tax money
- Oct 24, 4:43 AM: The governing boards of the state’s two largest school districts are considering legal intervention in a lawsuit that aims to secure more public tax dollars for charter schools.
- OKC charter school recognized as a Blue Ribbon School for Excellence by U.S. Department of Education
One Oklahoma City charter school has been recognized nationally for their academic success. Dove Science Academy in Oklahoma City has been recognized as a Blue Ribbon School for Excellence by the U.S. Department of >
Oct 13, 5:15 AM:
- Hickman joins Epic Charter Schools as managing director
- > Oct 11, 6:23 AM: Epic Charter Schools has hired Shelly Hickman as managing director of external affairs. Hickman will serve as the organization’s chief media spokesperson and be responsible for strategic communications, marketing and
- Virtual charters a growing part of state's education landscape
- > Sep 18, 6:10 AM: Over 13,200 students attended a virtual charter school last year, according to the state Department of Education, which is more than all students at traditional charter schools. It's also more than five times the
- Ardmore board rejects "rural" charter school, setting up appeal
- > Sep 11, 4:47 AM: A proposed “rural” charter school in Ardmore has been rejected by the local school board, setting up a potential appeal to the state Board of Education, which already has overturned decisions by two other local boards this
- Oklahoma School Voucher Program Grows
- Sep 5, 4:57 AM: The growth of an Oklahoma school voucher program for disabled children is fueling the expansion of private schools that offer specialized education.
- ACS Board rejects charter school application, citing a lack of clear answers
- > Sep 5, 4:49 AM: The Ardmore City Schools Board of Education has rejected a proposed charter school, Ardmore Community Academy, citing questions about funding, transportation and support within the community they said the charter’s
- Tulsa Charter School Targets Students In Area Known For High-Crime, Poverty
- > Aug 25, 6:02 AM: Students are back in the classroom, including a Tulsa college prep charter school targeting a part of town with high crime and poverty. School leaders said they believe education is the key to reducing crime and poverty
- Le Monde International School is moving forward in process to open school
- > Aug 24, 6:10 AM: Salmond said there are two main steps the Le Monde board will complete in the next month or so. The first is putting the final touches on the agreement between the charter school and the Norman Community Church of the
- Online School Offers Alternative, Flexible Education
- Aug 22, 6:09 AM: For some students, traditional class just doesn't work and "back to school" means something very different. Instead of lining up, they're logging on.
- Statewide teacher shortage: TPS beefing up supports as more career-changers answer call to teach
- > Aug 21, 4:59 AM: After years of grappling with a statewide teacher shortage, TPS officials are reporting a sudden uptick in applications from people just like Meacham — career-changers with little to no education experience, answering the
- Oklahoma charter school sees dramatic results in behavior after implementing ‘Action Based Learning’ lab
- > Aug 18, 6:59 AM: "With the fidelity of using the lab, we started seeing our discipline data drop dramatically,” Rayner said. For the month of December, for example, the year before last, there were 60 kids sent to the office for bad
- Downtown charter school sees more downtown students
- > Aug 18, 6:35 AM: John Rex Charter Elementary was built in the middle of downtown three years ago with a goal to become a neighborhood school as downtown Oklahoma City grew into a neighborhood with new families. The school is mostly
- Deadline looms for possible public charter school
- Aug 17, 5:56 AM: The deadline is approaching for Ardmore City Schools to decide whether or not to approve a public charter school coming to Ardmore.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Tulsa Today 83%
- NewsOK - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Shawnee News-Star - Online, The 0%
- NewsOn6.com 17%