- Faced with losing teachers, Oklahoma school converts to a charter
- > Nov 20, 7:51 AM: But as the school system faced the prospect of losing dozens of its emergency certified teachers who had failed to pass a teaching test within the state-required two year window, the elementary and middle schools were
- Oklahoma Public Charter School Association asks for judge to halt settlement between district, state in state aid suit
- Nov 17, 8:00 AM: The Oklahoma Public Charter School Association wants a seat at the table in another school funding dispute, weeks after it sued for more state and local funding for its members.
- Possible settlement by state Board of Education would have yielded some charter schools more public funding
- > Nov 6, 7:19 AM: A draft of a possible settlement in the statewide charter school association’s lawsuit shows that the state Board of Education could have agreed to certain charter schools having new access to public dollars that currently
- Judge agrees Tulsa, Oklahoma City school districts have stake in charter school funding lawsuit
- > Nov 6, 6:03 AM: An Oklahoma County District Court judge ruled Friday morning that the Tulsa and Oklahoma City school districts will be allowed to intervene in the statewide charter school association’s legal battle against the state for
- Charter school group accuses OKC district of wrongdoing
- > Nov 3, 6:28 AM: A charter school group suing the state for a bigger piece of the funding pie is accusing Oklahoma's two largest districts of including charter students for attendance purposes but not sharing the money with those
- Virtual Schools Could Reap Largest Gains in Charter Schools Lawsuit
- Nov 2, 6:16 AM: Virtual charter schools stand to receive the largest share of local tax funding if a lawsuit by a pro-charter-school group is successful.
- Oklahoma's charter school lawsuit is part of national push to increase revenues
- > Oct 30, 6:07 AM: The Oklahoma Public Charter School Association’s lawsuit against the state aims to accomplish what legislation recently did in Colorado and Florida — increase charter schools’ access to public dollars.
- Ardmore charter school backers fail again
- Oct 27, 5:59 AM: On Thursday evening, supporters of that charter school appealed the decision at the Ardmore High School cafeteria, but they did not get the answer they were seeking.
- OKC district intervenes in charter school lawsuit
- > Oct 26, 5:20 AM: Oklahoma City Public Schools may have to cut staff, close schools and redistribute resources if a charter school group successfully sues the state for a share of the district's local tax money, according to a court
- Emergency stay or restraining order sought in charter schools' funding lawsuit against state
- > Oct 25, 6:20 AM: Oklahoma City Public Schools moved to halt any settlement of the Oklahoma Public Charter School Association’s funding lawsuit against the state, while the Tulsa school board voted to also legally intervene.
- TPS, OKC school boards consider entering legal fight as charter schools sue to get a share of local tax money
- Oct 24, 4:43 AM: The governing boards of the state’s two largest school districts are considering legal intervention in a lawsuit that aims to secure more public tax dollars for charter schools.
- OKC charter school recognized as a Blue Ribbon School for Excellence by U.S. Department of Education
One Oklahoma City charter school has been recognized nationally for their academic success. Dove Science Academy in Oklahoma City has been recognized as a Blue Ribbon School for Excellence by the U.S. Department of >
Oct 13, 5:15 AM:
- Hickman joins Epic Charter Schools as managing director
- > Oct 11, 6:23 AM: Epic Charter Schools has hired Shelly Hickman as managing director of external affairs. Hickman will serve as the organization’s chief media spokesperson and be responsible for strategic communications, marketing and
- Virtual charters a growing part of state's education landscape
- > Sep 18, 6:10 AM: Over 13,200 students attended a virtual charter school last year, according to the state Department of Education, which is more than all students at traditional charter schools. It's also more than five times the
- Ardmore board rejects "rural" charter school, setting up appeal
- > Sep 11, 4:47 AM: A proposed “rural” charter school in Ardmore has been rejected by the local school board, setting up a potential appeal to the state Board of Education, which already has overturned decisions by two other local boards this
- Oklahoma School Voucher Program Grows
- Sep 5, 4:57 AM: The growth of an Oklahoma school voucher program for disabled children is fueling the expansion of private schools that offer specialized education.
- ACS Board rejects charter school application, citing a lack of clear answers
- > Sep 5, 4:49 AM: The Ardmore City Schools Board of Education has rejected a proposed charter school, Ardmore Community Academy, citing questions about funding, transportation and support within the community they said the charter’s
- Tulsa Charter School Targets Students In Area Known For High-Crime, Poverty
- > Aug 25, 6:02 AM: Students are back in the classroom, including a Tulsa college prep charter school targeting a part of town with high crime and poverty. School leaders said they believe education is the key to reducing crime and poverty
- Le Monde International School is moving forward in process to open school
- > Aug 24, 6:10 AM: Salmond said there are two main steps the Le Monde board will complete in the next month or so. The first is putting the final touches on the agreement between the charter school and the Norman Community Church of the
- Online School Offers Alternative, Flexible Education
- Aug 22, 6:09 AM: For some students, traditional class just doesn't work and "back to school" means something very different. Instead of lining up, they're logging on.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Tulsa Today 83%
- NewsOK - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Shawnee News-Star - Online, The 0%
- NewsOn6.com 17%