- Dove Science Academy to create statewide virtual school
- > Nov 13, 7:13 AM: An application and contract to create Oklahoma Information and Technology School passed a vote from the Oklahoma Statewide Virtual Charter School Board on Tuesday. The board voted against Dove’s first application to create
- Oklahoma City school district sued over increase in charter fees
- Nov 12, 8:21 AM: A charter school organization is challenging an Oklahoma City Public Schools plan to collect hundreds of thousands of dollars more in charter fees.
- Editorial: Tulsa Public Schools needs to address student flight to other districts.
- Nov 11, 8:03 AM: At the heart of the Tulsa Public Schools financial crisis is the continuing loss of thousands of students.
- New charter means changes are coming for John Rex
- Nov 7, 7:30 AM: A host of changes are coming for John W. Rex Charter School, but administrators say the student experience will remain the same.
- Oklahoma Charter School Opens With Hopes To Better Serve Native American Students
- Nov 6, 7:55 AM: In Oklahoma, a new charter school has opened to serve Native American students. The hope is to promote Indigenous identities in the classroom.
- Editorial: Rising failure to meet any ACT benchmarks ought to awaken lawmakers
- Nov 5, 7:35 AM: Every graduating senior in Oklahoma last year took the ACT college entrance exam, but a startling 46% failed to meet the minimum benchmark in any academic category.
- Opinion: Expand the choices within public schools
- > Nov 4, 6:10 AM: In Oklahoma, we typically hear the phrase “school choice” in the context of types of schools, and parents have several from which to choose. A range of publicly funded education models exist in our state in the form of
- Declining ACT scores raise college readiness concerns
- Oct 31, 6:53 AM: Oklahoma high school graduates’ scores on the ACT college-readiness exam declined in every subject this year, according to a report released Wednesday.
- KIPP Tulsa eyes vacant Gilcrease Elementary building, rallies for community support to move new high school to north Tulsa
- > Oct 30, 5:04 AM: Now in its second year, KIPP Tulsa University Prep High School quickly is outgrowing its temporary space at the former ECDC-Porter building in southwest Tulsa. TPS is allowing the school, which adds an additional grade
- Opinion: Parents shouldn't use public school money for virtual charter enrollment
- Oct 29, 6:04 AM: Six parents are going to court after their private school children were removed from the state’s largest virtual charter school.
- Education officials pushing more Oklahoma schools to offer elective math course
- > Oct 22, 7:22 AM: Officials say Oklahoma families spend an estimated $22 million-a-year for remedial courses. The remedial classes are taken in college to help students build their skills before taking college-level courses. However,
- Editorial: Private school parents shouldn't be able to use public school money for their kids to enroll in virtual charters
- > Oct 22, 6:09 AM: It may seem odd, but the seven children involved were simultaneously enrolled in private schools in Oklahoma County and Epic Charter School, which is a privately owned public school that offers largely self-paced classes
- 9 Investigates: Virtual Charter Schools Become Stronghold In Oklahoma Education, Receive Millions In Funding
- > Oct 18, 5:26 AM: Many families, happy with their Epic experiences, spread the word to others, which helped generate the statewide virtual charter school's nearly exponential growth. But that growth, in turn, aroused suspicions and brought
- Epic Parents Sue, Arguing Dual Enrollment in Charter, Private Schools Is Legal
- > Oct 16, 6:16 AM: Six Oklahoma City-area parents have sued Epic Charter Schools saying the virtual school violated the state Constitution when it unenrolled their students because the children were simultaneously attending Epic and a
- Editorial: Oklahoma charter schools celebrate 20 years
- > Oct 15, 5:13 AM: It was 20 years ago that Oklahoma approved legislation allowing for the creation of public charter schools. To mark the occasion, a celebration is planned Thursday in Oklahoma City. And why not? There’s much to cheer.
- Column: Rural broadband will improve rural education
- > Oct 7, 7:40 AM: As a father of six kids who all attend a rural public school in Oklahoma, I see firsthand the challenges my kids’ school faces, but every school throughout the Second District faces unique difficulties. One thing that
- Forum on charter schools' role in the broader education system delves into common misconceptions
- Sep 20, 5:52 AM: The OU Center for Studies in Democracy and Culture and former Tulsa Mayor Rodger Randle hosted a special event Thursday to address common misconceptions about charter schools.
- Epic Charter Schools sends state senator 'cease and desist demand' letter
- > Sep 19, 6:16 AM: An attorney for Epic Charter Schools issued a “cease and desist demand” letter to a state senator who has been raising questions about the legality of the school’s student attendance practices.
- Five Things To Know About Virtual School Funding
- > Sep 17, 6:20 AM: Oklahoma lawmakers have 133 million reasons to examine virtual charter school funding. That is the number of state taxpayer dollars expected to flow to the state’s five statewide online schools for the current school
- Virtual charter schools get most of money from state
- > Sep 16, 6:26 AM: Oklahoma lawmakers have 133 million reasons to examine virtual charter school funding. That is the number of state taxpayer dollars expected to flow to the state’s five statewide online schools for the current school
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Tulsa Today 83%
- NewsOK - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Shawnee News-Star - Online, The 0%
- NewsOn6.com 17%