- State Board Approves, Then Balks at, Buying Ads for Virtual Schools
- Apr 17, 5:29 AM: Two days after voting to pursue hiring a public relations firm to market the online schools sponsored by the Statewide Virtual Charter School Board, the agency director says the project may be scrapped.
- OSU-OKC works with Oklahoma City charter school to help students earn associate degree with diploma
- Apr 11, 6:55 AM: Twenty Oklahoma City 11th graders will begin college coursework this summer with the goal of earning a two-year associate degree by the time they graduate from high school.
- How Could Vouchers Affect Oklahoma Schools? Let’s Look To Milwaukee
- Apr 5, 7:16 AM: With a school voucher a parent could take some of the money the state spends educating their child—upwards of $3,000—and use it toward private school tuition.
- State board grows as charter school sponsor. Now what?
- Apr 5, 6:19 AM: The seven-member state Board of Education is tasked with overseeing the Oklahoma State Department of Education and setting statewide policy on the administration and curriculum of Oklahoma's public school system.
- Oklahoma State Board OKs second non-urban charter school
- Mar 24, 6:29 AM: For the second time in as many meetings, the state Board of Education approved a charter school application despite the local school board's objections.
- Tulsa private, public school representatives answer seven questions about school vouchers
- Mar 23, 4:42 AM: The presidents of a local private school and a public school board delved into opposing views on school vouchers at a luncheon Wednesday.
- Charter school bond bill passes Oklahoma Senate
- Mar 21, 6:24 AM: A bill guaranteeing charter schools the right to seek bond financing has gained approval in the Oklahoma Senate.
- Should state Allow tax-credit donations to Public Schools?
- > Mar 20, 6:05 AM: Since 2013, Oklahoma taxpayers have been allowed to take a state income-tax credit in exchange for donations made to private schools. Now, a state lawmaker and others are wondering: Why not offer tax credits for donations to public
- School choice group threatens lawsuit over new A-F school grading system
- Mar 9, 5:54 AM: And just one day after Governor Mary Fallin signed a House Joint Resolution approving the report behind that system, a parent choice group is threatening a lawsuit.
- After State Board Overturns Local School Board’s Decision, Some Left Wondering Who Has Control
- > Mar 7, 7:19 AM: A rural Oklahoma school board recently chose not to approve a charter school in their district. But the State Board of Education exercised authority given to them in a new law and overrode that rural board’s decision. This is the
- At Epic Schools, Teacher Bonuses Soar While Student Achievement Lags
- > Mar 3, 7:36 AM: The wild swings in teacher compensation at the state’s largest online charter school are due to an unconventional program that allows teachers to earn a bonus of up to their base salary, which would double their pay. So a teacher
- School vouchers bill pulled by author in Oklahoma Senate
- > Mar 2, 6:05 AM: A school voucher bill that would give students a varying amount of their state funding to use for private school tuition, depending on the student's income level, will not be considered by the Legislature this year after the bill
- Senate Panel Votes Down Extracurricular Activities Plan for Charter School Students
- Feb 28, 7:24 AM: An Oklahoma Senate panel rejected a proposal Monday to let charter school students participate in extracurricular activities at the public school they would otherwise attend.
- Bill Aims To Allow Charter School Students To Play Sports At Local District Schools
- Feb 27, 7:55 AM: Senate Bill 611 would allow charter school students to participate in extracurricular activities at their local district school.
- Oklahoma voucher bill faces backlash from school officials
- Feb 22, 7:15 AM: A state senate panel passed a bill that would set up a school voucher system, and it's getting backlash from school officials.
- Oklahoma Senate committee passes voucher bill that would send public funds to private schools
- Feb 21, 5:56 AM: A Senate panel passed a voucher bill on Monday that would allow public money to follow students to private schools.
- Weak Financial Accountability For Charter School Management Companies That Get Millions
- Feb 15, 7:48 AM: With a nearly $900 million budget shortfall, Oklahoma lawmakers want accountability for every penny. But within the coffers of private charter school management companies are millions of dollars that lawmakers can't see.
- Norman board denies charter school application
- Feb 8, 8:08 AM: Parents backing a proposed language immersion charter school will appeal to the state after the school board denied their application for sponsorship for a second time late Monday night.
- New charter school in Seminole brings opportunity and hope
- > Feb 7, 7:31 AM: The State Board of Education recently approved the creation of a new charter school in that community. By next fall, high school juniors and seniors will be attending the school in facilities to be shared with Seminole Junior
- OKC school board to consider charters on south, north sides
- Feb 7, 7:15 AM: The Oklahoma City School Board on Monday night voted for a new southside charter school and against converting an existing school on the city's northeast side.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Tulsa Today 83%
- NewsOK - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Shawnee News-Star - Online, The 0%
- NewsOn6.com 17%