- Senate GOP leader wants to raise city’s charter school cap
- > Apr 24, 6:54 AM: Republican state Senate Majority Leader John Flanagan will insist that more charter schools be allowed to open in New York City as part of any deal to extend Mayor de Blasio’s authority over the public-school system, The Post has
- Parents sue city for closing charter school geared toward special-needs kids
- Apr 24, 6:38 AM: Parents from a Harlem charter school that caters to special-needs kids are suing the city to keep it from closing.
- GOP mayoral hopeful plans education overhaul if elected
- Apr 17, 6:56 AM: GOP mayoral candidate Paul Massey is unveiling an education plan that would champion school choice and bring back some Bloomberg-era policies — including reinstating A-to-F report cards to grade public schools.
- ‘Intentionally Diverse’ Charter Middle School Opening in Gowanus
- Apr 14, 6:53 AM: A charter school on a mission to serve a diverse student body plans to open a seven-story middle school in the neighborhood in 2019.
- Nazareth Elementary makes way for new charter school
- Apr 14, 6:28 AM: After 101 years at its Lake Avenue campus, Nazareth Elementary School will relocate in the fall to new space at the former Sacred Heart Cathedral School on Flower City Park, with a new charter school taking its place.
- CB 4 votes to support new charter school
- Apr 14, 6:13 AM: Community Board 4 voted on Tuesday to support the construction of a new charter school — and the dream of founder and neighborhood native Priscilla Walton — in Elmhurst.
- Eva Moskowitz: State budget a ‘travesty’ for charter schools
- Apr 12, 5:53 AM: Success Academy CEO Eva Moskowitz ripped portions of the state’s new budget plan for charter schools, calling the funding policy a “travesty” that leave charters “dangerously shortchanged.
- Cuomo cools tough talk on school reforms
- > Apr 12, 5:37 AM: For years, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo took a hard-line approach to reforming New York's schools, calling on the state to mandate rigorous evaluations for teachers and to turn schools that fail to meet certain standards over to an outside
- New York State Senate passes $153.1B budget nine days after deadline
- Apr 10, 7:06 AM: Charter schools will also see more money, though a cap limiting how many of the institutions there can be was left in place despite a push by Senate Republicans to lift it.
- Compromise on charter school aid seen to break state budget logjam
- Apr 7, 7:16 AM: A compromise on charter-school funding could end a stalemate and allow lawmakers to finally enact a state budget, nearly a week after it was due, Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie and several legislators said Thursday.
- Success Academy calls for big expansion as wait lists swell
- Apr 7, 5:30 AM: Charter school leader Success Academy again called for a major sector expansion Thursday, noting that they got more than 17,000 applicants for just 3,017 seats for next year.
- Charter school funding delaying already overdue budget
- Apr 6, 6:20 AM: A fierce dispute over charter-school funding — and two other nagging issues — has held up adoption of the $163.5 billion state budget, Gov. Cuomo announced Wednesday night.
- Area charter schools expanding to tune of $20M
- Apr 4, 6:44 AM: There is a lot of school construction going on and about to start in the area, and charter schools are joining the rush to brick and mortar.
- De Blasio’s $400M education project yields lukewarm results, charter school advocates say
- > Apr 3, 6:19 AM: The city’s troubled high schools targeted by Mayor de Blasio’s controversial Renewal Schools program failed to make significant gains on a number of academic measures for the school year that ended in June, a new report
- Snags on charter schools, youth court derail on-time budget
- > Apr 3, 5:54 AM: The Senate and Assembly plan to work through the weekend to pass the budget, which is hung up primarily over two policy issues. One is a measure to divert 16- and 17-year-olds accused of crimes into youth and family courts rather
- Lackawanna charter school eyes advisory council for parents
- Mar 31, 6:59 AM: Administrators at Global Concepts Charter School, where some parents have been picketing, have invited parents to an informational meeting at 5 p.m. Thursday to discuss the creation of a parents advisory council.
- New charter school to encourage unconventional education
- Mar 30, 6:36 AM: Construction will begin soon on Syracuse’s Near West Side to create OnTECH, a charter school targeted towards helping refugees and at-risk students get their high school diplomas.
- NYC Charter School Pleads to Stay Open
- Mar 29, 7:02 AM: Parents, students and leaders at a New York City charter school squared off with Department of Education officials Tuesday as they made their case for keeping their school open.
- Oppose charter school package: teachers to Phillips
- Mar 28, 6:48 AM: About 100 teachers and education activists gathered in Mineola on Friday to protest the state Senate’s proposal to boost charter school funding.
- Parents want to know why Lackawanna charter school principal was put on leave
- Mar 28, 6:42 AM: Ehrle's departure shocked some parents, and prompted some to picket outside the school on Monday afternoon. At least one is convinced that Ehrle's exit is connected to the union vote.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- City Online Edition 100%
- The Times Herald 100%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- National Review Online 0%
- Brooklyn Paper Publications - Online 0%