- School Choice Program Vital to West Cape May
- Aug 28, 4:23 AM: The Choice Program has been critical to the success of the district’s lone school, allowing enrollments for September 2017 to grow to a projected 103 students.
- Education reform advocate and BRICK founder to open innovative new charter school
- > Aug 25, 5:56 AM: Brick and Peshine, which Lee describes as “hybrid” schools—both academies are partnerships between Lee and Newark Public Schools—were founded by Lee in 2011 and 2012, respectively, and serve close to 1500 kids in the South
- Law center urges state to reject three new Paterson charter schools
- > Aug 24, 5:52 AM: In an Aug. 14 letter, the Education Law Center wrote that the proposed new charters would worsen the ongoing financial crisis at the Paterson Board of Education and take away funds needed to educate children in
- High hopes, expectations flow as new Camden charter school opens
- > Aug 24, 5:44 AM: Officials here say the charter school is an example of a partnership between the city school district and the private company that operates the facility. Charter schools are publicly funded but privately administered. The
- Advocacy group opposes new charter schools in Paterson
- > Aug 21, 5:46 AM: The Newark-based advocacy group the Education Law Center is urging the New Jersey Department of Education to halt the spread of charter schools in Paterson. In a letter dated Aug. 14, 2017, the advocacy’s executive
- Woodland Park School Board Leases Facility To Paterson Charter
- > Aug 15, 6:34 AM: Located in Paterson and founded in 2001, the John P. Holland Charter School is a public school open to all students from Paterson on a space-available basis. It does not discriminate in its admission policies on any
- Why is Lakewood spending $32M to send kids to private school?
- > Aug 9, 6:19 AM: In Lakewood, an estimated 361 current and new special education students will be placed in private schools at the district's expense during the upcoming school year, according to the school district's budget. Another 17
- ‘Turnaround Principal’ returns to open Paterson charter school
- > Aug 8, 5:41 AM: Mills left a teaching job in Paterson in 2005 to take a position in Newark public schools. He returns to the Silk City something of a celebrity in state education circles — he has been called “the Turnaround Principal” for
- Will new Asbury Park charter school make a difference?
- > Aug 2, 5:21 AM: Proponents of a new charter school scheduled to start in the fall in the rented confines of two local churches say the initiative is a path forward for students in one of the state's most troubled school districts.
- Benjamin Banneker Charter School announces plans for new property
- Jul 31, 6:52 AM: Middle schoolers attending the Benjamin Banneker Preparatory Charter School this fall will have a much different experience than previous classes, following the purchase of the former Friends Academy.
- Legal fees starting to stack up in battle between school district and charter school
- > Jul 31, 6:11 AM: The Princeton school district and the Princeton Charter School have spent a substantial amount of money in their legal fight about the Charter School growing its enrollment, a battle that some on the Board of Education
- Princeton Charter School gets planning board approval to add classroom trailers
- Jul 27, 5:14 AM: The Princeton Charter School got the go-ahead Wednesday from the town to put in classroom trailers that the school needs as it shuffles students around to accommodate increased enrollment.
- 2 new charter schools bring total to 19 in Newark
- Jul 25, 6:59 AM: Two new charter schools are coming to the city this fall -- boosting the number of independently-managed public schools in Newark to 19.
- Paterson charter school secures approval for downtown campus
- > Jul 21, 6:05 AM: The Paterson Charter School for Science and Technology received approval from the planning board on Wednesday to open its newest campus at the Barney’s building in downtown. The school will educate 288 students in K-1
- Camden charter school accused of unfair enrollment practices
- > Jul 17, 8:50 AM: The Camden school district has accused the city’s oldest charter school of unfair enrollment practices, alleging that the staff of LEAP Academy University discourages some parents from enrolling their children, while
- Hoboken council people urge school board not to continue litigation against HOLA
- > Jul 14, 6:06 AM: According to a press release from the Hoboken Dual Language Charter School, several members of the council have released statements urging the Hoboken Board of Education not to continue litigation against the charter
- Willingboro charter school purchases former Friends Academy of Westampton campus
- Jul 12, 7:40 AM: A Willingboro-based charter school has been approved to open a satellite campus at the former Friends Academy of Westampton property and draw students from Westampton, beginning this school year.
- In historic move, N.J. to allow all-boys, all-girls charter schools
- Jul 6, 7:56 AM: Charter schools that admit only boys or only girls will be allowed to open in New Jersey under revised rules for charter schools, clearing the path for proposed schools in Paterson and Atlantic City.
- N.J. ends state takeover of Jersey City's public schools
- Jul 6, 5:49 AM: The state's takeover of Jersey City Public Schools is coming to an end nearly 30 years after the city's school district was deemed a "total educational failure.
- Hoboken Dual Language Charter school ruling affirmed
- > Jun 30, 7:09 AM: The Superior Court of the New Jersey appellate division ruled in favor of the New Jersey State Department of Education and the board of trustees of the Hoboken Dual Language Charter School (HoLa) Thursday in response to an
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Trentonian 100%
- Home News Tribune - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Record, The 0%
- Associated Press (AP) - Trenton Bureau 17%