- New Jersey Charter Schools Come Together in Advocacy for Parent Action Day
- > Mar 28, 5:45 AM: More than 500 charter school parents, educators and advocates from across the state gathered at the Statehouse in Trenton Monday for a CharterStrong Parent Action Day rally to celebrate New Jersey’s 50,000 public charter
- Willingboro considering cuts as it pays more for charter schools
- > Mar 27, 6:11 AM: The state Department of Education has estimated Willingboro will need to fund a total of 384 charter school students at a cost of about $5.9 million in 2018-2019, up from the $2.7 million in tuition the district paid for
- Opinion: Why more than 500 public charter school parents like me are in Trenton today
- > Mar 27, 4:25 AM: When you consider that compared to a college completion rate of fewer than 60 percent of the highest income Americans, you realize that a charter school like Uncommon Schools North Star Academy should be protected and
- Is Murphy for or against charter schools? The gov's murky policy just got clearer
- Mar 27, 4:23 AM: New Jersey will still consider applications to open or expand new charter schools, even as it mulls revisions to its charter school law, the state's top education official said Thursday.
- Column: STEMCivics expands after state renews charter school license
- > Mar 23, 6:36 AM: Approximately 100 students will walk in June as STEMCivics celebrates a positive four-year run since opening its doors in September 2014. STEMCivics recently enjoyed another milestone as state officials renewed the
- Column: Charter school lottery shows sad state of public schools
- > Mar 22, 6:04 AM: When parents express relief that their children get selected for charter school learning rather than attend a public school, then city education wonks should take notice. Whether concerns involve safety or educational
- Compass Academy denied expansion as NJDOE promises to begin review of charter schools
- Mar 22, 5:51 AM: A Cumberland County charter school was denied a request for expansion by the Department of Education under new Gov. Phil Murphy, who also pledged to review the state’s charter school laws.
- Giving State's Vo-Techs the Space — and Seats — to Accommodate More Students
- Mar 19, 6:48 AM: Proposed bond issue would help vocational-technical schools deliver what New Jersey manufacturers need most, skilled workers that will help them flourish.
- Murphy: I won't say 'hell no' to charter schools
- Mar 13, 5:47 AM: Gov. Phil Murphy's administration is about to scrutinize charter school law, but that doesn't mean he has it out for charter schools, he said Monday.
- Is this the charter school 'time out' Murphy promised?
- Mar 12, 7:20 AM: New Jersey's new governor will consider changes to the state's charter school law, potentially slowing the expansion of controversial, yet in-demand schools championed by former Gov. Chris Christie.
- Children vie for Community Charter School of Paterson openings in lotteries
- Mar 5, 6:03 AM: For example, the Paterson Arts and Science Charter School and the Paterson Charter School for Science and Technology both report waiting lists with more than 1,000 names on them.
- Jersey City charter school celebrates 20 years of service
- Feb 28, 5:56 AM: Founded in 1997-1998 by parents who wanted to take a chance on a new trend in education, LCCS has grown from a small Downtown Jersey City school of about 100 students to nearly six times the size.
- State reprimands two Paterson charter school trustees for failing to receive timely training
- > Feb 21, 7:44 AM: The New Jersey School Ethics Commission has issued reprimands against two members of the John P. Holland Charter School board of trustees for failing to timely undergo mandatory training, according to state records.
- Vineland Public Charter School expands through 12th grade
- Feb 20, 7:00 AM: The state Department of Education notified the school officials that their charter was renewed based on “academic performance, fiscal viability and operational stability.
- The debate over charter schools in Princeton Township, explained
- > Feb 14, 7:22 AM: In Princeton, the school community has been wracked in the last decade by bitter disputes over the educational goals and governance of the schools, according to former member of the Princeton Public School school board
- Newark's People's Prep Charter initiatives highlight mission of college and career
- > Feb 8, 6:01 AM: With a student population of 380, students at People’s Prep come from a wide range of educational backgrounds, with 23 percent of the school's students classified as having disabilities. Ninety-five percent of its
- In N.J., new administration giving 'pause' to charter schools
- > Feb 6, 6:25 AM: During his campaign, Murphy called for a “time out” on charter expansion — something about which his predecessor, Chris Christie, was bullish. Murphy has expressed reservations about how the schools, which are privately
- After 22 Years, Newark Enters New Era of Local Governance
- > Feb 1, 7:56 AM: For two decades, votes cast by Newark's elected school board have carried mostly symbolic weight. Today, as the board reclaims control of the city's schools after a 22-year state takeover, even its smallest decisions will
- Court rejects school district's challenge to East Brunswick charter school
- Jan 26, 7:25 AM: A court has rejected the Highland Park and East Brunswick school boards' appeal of the state Department of Education's approval to allow the Hatikvah International Academy Charter School to expand.
- BOWDON: Give NJ schoolkids more choices (CER in the news)
- > Jan 25, 8:14 AM: It’s National School Choice Week, and thousands of events all over the country are celebrating parents’ rights to select different educational options for their children. Unfortunately, New Jersey lags most other states
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Trentonian 100%
- Home News Tribune - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Record, The 0%
- Associated Press (AP) - Trenton Bureau 17%