- NJEA’s political power goes beyond money
- > Oct 27, 8:15 AM: In the past three years, New Jersey’s largest teachers union has poured more than $15 million into its effort to reelect Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy. That number dwarfs contributions made by any other group in a state long
- See How This LEAD Charter School Graduate is Using Their Skills to Pursue a Career in Construction
- > Oct 27, 7:56 AM: A path to earning a successful career wasn’t always quite clear to Shenell Bagot. Not knowing what to pursue a degree in after high school, Bagot felt stuck and apprehensive about dropping thousands of dollars on a college
- A Faith-Based After-School Program for Underprivileged Kids Gets Impressive Results
- > Oct 26, 6:31 AM: The organization offers tutoring and music lessons to 100 first- through eighth-graders combined at 240 Fairmount Ave. and P.S. 22 — with a third site in Greenville on the way. (Carter explained that the religious group
- N.J. parent group continues to press Murphy on virtual school option
- Oct 21, 8:20 AM: Nearly two months into the new school year, a group of New Jersey parents continues to push Gov. Phil Murphy to reconsider his decision to bar virtual learning options for public schools.
- With a college mindset and character education, these scholars attend one of the few suburban N.J. charters
When Richard Wilson Jr. told his wife in 2007 he wanted to start a charter school in South Jersey, she laughed — and then helped him launch the Benjamin Banneker Preparatory Charter School.
Oct 20, 9:26 AM:
- Gov. Murphy, NJ teacher union heads reportedly caught maskless despite mandate
- Oct 13, 6:13 AM: A New Jersey teachers union posted, and then quickly deleted, online photos that show its leaders and Gov. Phil Murphy going maskless at a fundraising event, according to reports.
- New Jersey teacher says her stomach was 'churning' following union demand to log students' vaccination status
- > Oct 11, 10:17 AM: Jennifer Mess, a New Jersey public school teacher, said Sunday on ‘Fox & Friends Weekend’ that her stomach was "churning" after watching a teachers union training video enticing her and her colleagues to log the
- Learning Community Charter School to Celebrate Indigenous People in the United States
- Oct 11, 9:16 AM: Student’s at Jersey City’s Learning Community Charter School (LCCS) will be using Columbus Day to celebrate and learn about the culture and history of indigenous people in the United States.
- NJ teachers union tips the balance in race for governor
- Oct 8, 8:24 AM: With just four weeks until election day, Phil Murphy doesn't just lead his GOP challenger in the polls, he leads with six times more money on hand to spend on a final push for voters.
- Parents getting refunds for busing costs after N.J. district cuts back on who can get a ride
- Sep 30, 8:18 AM: There is no rubric to deal with the national bus driver shortage plaguing many school districts across New Jersey. So, they’re trying different tactics.
- Newark Church And Charter School Working Together To Provide Free, ‘High Dosage’ Tutoring To Students On Saturdays
- Sep 21, 8:48 AM: A church and a charter school in New Jersey are teaming up to close the learning gap widened by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- University Heights Charter School in Newark Continues to Expand
- Sep 21, 8:37 AM: A sure sign that the growth of the University Heights Charter School continues to blossom took center stage on Saturday, Sept. 18, in downtown Newark.
- N.J. schools will require a new graduation test starting this spring
- Sep 10, 11:47 AM: New Jersey schools will administer a new mandatory graduation exam this spring for high school juniors, beginning with the Class of 2023.
- Covid turning New Jersey’s nonpartisan school boards into political lightning rods
- Sep 10, 11:41 AM: School board meetings throughout New Jersey are becoming political battlegrounds, as parents and community members wage war over Covid mitigation strategies, curriculum decisions and ideological beliefs.
- Newark Public Charter Schools ‘COVID-19 Compact’ Aims to Ensure Safety, Transparency for Families
- Sep 10, 11:29 AM: Newark charter school leaders and advocates have teamed up to announce a set of common safety standards and expectations for parents heading into this school year.
- Private schools, charter schools in Newark prepare for delta variant
- > Sep 3, 10:16 AM: As charter and private schools around Newark either prepare to open their doors or have already begun the school year, each has taken an approach to COVID-19 to try to ensure they can reopen at full capacity.
- Can my K-12 kid take a ‘gap year’ and skip school this year?
- Aug 30, 12:03 PM: Mandatory masks. Crowded cafeterias. Classrooms full of unvaccinated elementary school students. Rising Delta variant cases. And no option for remote learning.
- Nearly half of Newarkers who responded to FDU poll support charter schools
- Aug 27, 8:11 AM: A Farleigh Dickinson University poll found that 48% of 1,100 Newark respondents thought charter schools have been good for the city’s students, while 13% said they’ve been bad for them.
- More than 100 teachers leave N.J. district. Union says number is ‘troubling.’
- Aug 20, 3:03 PM: The Paterson school district is rushing to replace a growing number of resigning and retiring teachers with less than three weeks before students return to classrooms, many for the first time in 18 months.
- New Jersey parents seek a virtual option for school this year despite Gov’s ‘unequivocal
- Aug 18, 2:49 PM: A group of New Jersey parents who want Gov. Phil Murphy to keep the remote learning option available has collected 11,000 signatures for a petition they hope to send him soon.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Trentonian 100%
- ECN - Electronic Component News 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Record, The 0%
- Courier-Post - Online / Associated Press 17%