- Hamilton school board passes charter school policy to close loophole
- > Mar 29, 6:35 AM: When the Hamilton Township School District received an application for the proposed Theresa M. Fredericks STEAM Academy Charter School last year, it was filed away in a drawer. School board members never knew the New Jersey
- Paterson charter school opening in September to be led by Newark’s ‘turnaround principal
- Mar 27, 6:36 AM: The principal acclaimed for changing the academics of the Malcolm X Shabazz High School in Newark will lead the College Achieve Paterson Charter School when it opens in September.
- Hamilton Board of Education narrowly passes charter school application bylaw
- > Mar 27, 5:57 AM: Opening a new charter school in Hamilton Township was already difficult, and now it may be even tougher. That’s because the Hamilton Township Board of Education narrowly passed a bylaw giving itself a framework to potentially
- School funding concerns dominate N.J. budget debate
- > Mar 22, 7:00 AM: She called on lawmakers to remove $8.8 million Christie proposed in “hold-harmless” aid for charter schools and to excise $1 million Christie wants for a voucher program that would cover private or religious school expenses for some
- Charter school founders face scrutiny from local officials
While Linden public school officials have claimed fraud in the petitions submitted in support of the Union Arts and Science Charter School, they are also rankled by the makeup of the founding team and the emerging trustee >
Mar 20, 4:58 AM:
- Charter school issue lands on school board’s radar
- > Mar 13, 6:43 AM: The issue of charter schools, their potential expansion and impact on school districts like Hillsborough will come to the forefront later this month, as the school board plans to weigh in on an ongoing matter in nearby Franklin
- Newark Charter School Parents Head to Trenton
- Mar 10, 7:37 AM: Parents of Newark charter school students are among the hundreds of supporters who will be headed to Trenton this week to deliver a message to state lawmakers: don't stand in the way of our children's education.
- Where will students from 3 closed charter schools go?
- Mar 7, 7:47 AM: Hundreds of parents and students were left scrambling last week after news spread that the state was ordering three Newark charter schools to close at the end of the academic year.
- Englewood charter school OK’d for expansion
- Mar 7, 5:54 AM: The state approved an expansion for the Englewood on the Palisades Charter School, which will include the eighth grade by the 2018-2019 school year.
- Camden charter school says it has mayor’s support, will ‘aggressively fight’ closu
- Mar 6, 7:12 AM: The Camden charter school directed to close by June 30 is telling parents it intends to “aggressively fight” the state’s decision.
- Charter School expansion approved
- Mar 3, 7:02 AM: Princeton Charter School can expand its enrollment by 76 more pupils through a two-year-phased in period, acting-state Education Commissioner Kimberley Harrington ruled in a decision announced Wednesday.
- State denies Willingboro charter school expansion
- Mar 3, 6:27 AM: The state has denied Benjamin Banneker Preparatory Charter School's application to expand to a high school, as well as to draw students from Westampton and Edgewater Park.
- Potential litigation, but few answers in case of Camden charter school directed to close
- Mar 3, 6:12 AM: The Camden Community Charter School has been directed by the state to close by June 30. The school says it is reviewing its options, "including pursuing litigation."
- State approves expansion for four Paterson charter schools
- > Mar 2, 6:07 AM: Paterson Charter School for Science and Technology was given the biggest expansion with 516 seats. John P. Holland Charter School was given 375 additional seats. The Paterson Arts and Science Charter School received a 357-seat
- N.J. shuts down 4 charter schools for poor performance
- Mar 2, 5:58 AM: The state has ordered three low-performing charter schools in Newark and one in Camden to close at the end of this school year, bringing the total number of failed charter schools to 20 under the Christie administration.
- State won’t renew Camden school’s charter
- > Mar 2, 5:53 AM: Acting Education Commissioner Kimberley Harrington said the decisions showed the state’s “continued commitment to hold low-performing charter schools accountable, while expanding access for New Jersey families to high-quality
- Charter school parents flood State House
- Feb 28, 6:55 AM: But that changed today when he joined hundreds of other parents from Newark, Paterson, Camden, Jersey City and other communities to work the hallways of the State House complex and lobby lawmakers in support of charter schools.
- Newark charter school parents head to Trenton
- Feb 27, 7:42 AM: Parents of Newark charter school students are among the hundreds of supporters who will be heading to Trenton today to deliver a message to state lawmakers: don't stand in the way of our children's education.
- With N.J. charter schools under attack, supporters plan counteroffensive
- Feb 27, 6:38 AM: Supporters of New Jersey's charter schools are planning a major lobbying effort in the state capital next week as controversy and criticism surrounding the schools continues to mount.
- Franklin Twp. charter school lottery leaves parents excited, anxious
- > Feb 20, 7:29 AM: For many of the families gathered in the gymnasium Saturday at Thomas Edison EnergySmart Charter School, the enrollment lottery drawing is the answer to the challenging curriculum they have been seeking for their children and, they
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Trentonian 100%
- Home News Tribune - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Record, The 0%
- Associated Press (AP) - Trenton Bureau 17%