- Union leaders praise teacher evaluation overhaul plan
- > May 4, 5:04 AM: Hopes for an ambitious school choice bill this year appeared to be put to rest on Thursday, as the House voted 172-165 against reconsidering SB 193, which was sent to interim study in a first round of voting on
- In Blow To Sununu, N.H. House Votes Down School Choice Bill
- May 3, 4:52 AM: A bill that would have created a school choice program in New Hampshire based on education savings accounts was voted down in the House of Representatives on Wednesday.
- School choice advocates make their closing argument to lawmakers
- May 2, 4:51 AM: Advocates for a school choice bill that faces a do-or-die vote this week crowded into the Legislative Office Building on Tuesday to make their case.
- Letter: Send voucher bill back to drawing board
- > Apr 30, 5:38 AM: Proponents of Senate Bill 193 (the school voucher bill) say it’s a necessary safeguard to ensure that students who “just don’t fit” in public school have a different choice. However, the bill doesn’t restrict vouchers to
- Expansion of N.H.'s Education Tax Credit Program One Step Closer to Reality
- > Apr 27, 5:08 AM: A bill that would expand the state’s only school choice program is one step closer to becoming law. Under the existing education tax credit program, businesses in New Hampshire can get a tax break when they donate to
- School choice bill fails in key committee vote
- Apr 26, 4:51 AM: Call them private school vouchers or freedom scholarships, but either way the school choice bill, SB 193, is going to the full House next week with a negative vote from the House Finance Committee.
- Letter: Cline pushing school choice agenda
- > Apr 25, 4:42 AM: I believe we have an urgent need for an unbiased, nonpartisan report from New Hampshire’s higher education community which provides a localized analysis of research findings on the student achievement effects of state
- School choice bill fading fast
- Apr 23, 5:37 AM: The prospects for passage of a school choice bill have gone from bad to worse as SB 193 limps toward the legislative deadline, now only weeks away.
- N.H. school voucher bill dealt blow by House subcommittee
- Apr 18, 5:45 AM: A controversial bill allowing families to put state education dollars toward private schooling options was dealt a blow Tuesday when a subpanel of lawmakers voted, 7-1, to refer it to interim study.
- Column: Digging deeper into where school choice money goes
- > Apr 17, 5:19 AM: The law does provide tax credit to companies donating to scholarship organizations. In turn, scholarship organizations will provide scholarships to children attending private schools or public schools outside their
- State Rep. Glenn Cordelli: The constitutionality of education savings accounts
- > Apr 16, 5:57 AM: Recently two of my colleagues in the New Hampshire House wrote that Senate Bill 193, the “school voucher” bill, is unconstitutional (Monitor Forum, March 24). I believe that my friends are incorrect, and the U.S. Supreme
- N.H. Senate takes up bill to give charter schools dibs on abandoned public school property
- > Apr 12, 6:48 AM: In some New Hampshire school districts, unused buildings, once dedicated to classrooms and hallways, languish for years. New legislation in the Senate would mandate that the districts relinquish the buildings – and turn
- State Rep. Victoria Sullivan: In arguing against SB 193, opponents perpetuate myths
- > Apr 12, 5:30 AM: Senate Bill 193 has been called the voucher bill, the bill to destroy public education, the bill that will raise your property taxes, the bill that has zero accountability. These accusations have been published in
- MWV Leadership 2018 Class focuses on high school grads
- > Apr 11, 6:04 AM: Faced with a drain of young people out of the area in search of good jobs, Leadership MMV Class of 2018 hopes to give local students a reason to stay after high school by promoting non-college based careers.
- Letter: House should kill school voucher bill
- Apr 10, 6:05 AM: As a retired teacher, a parent of four children who benefited from a New Hampshire public school education, and a long-term school board member, I am very concerned about Senate Bill 193.
- Letter: Urge NH House to reject SB193, the school voucher bill
- > Apr 9, 5:37 AM: Should NH tax dollars support religious schools? Should NH tax dollars be entrusted to private “scholarship organizations” whose profits depend on the number of students they pull from the public schools? Should NH tax
- N.H. Senators Hear Testimony on Bill to Expand Education Tax Credit Program
- Apr 5, 4:48 AM: State Senators heard testimony Wednesday on a bill that would expand the state’s only existing school choice program.
- Editorial: SB 193 offers no additional choice, but would shift tax dollars to private education
- > Apr 2, 4:54 AM: Senate Bill 193, which would enact “education savings accounts” — essentially a voucher system for parents wanting to remove their children from public schools — is before the N.H. House Finance Committee, where it’s
- N.H. School Boards Association urges rejection of SB 193
- > Apr 2, 4:35 AM: SB 193 also ignores accountability and fiscal transparency. SB 193 takes state adequacy aid and diverts that money to private educational programs that are not required to follow state accountability and student assessment
- Public school administrators launch effort against school choice bill
- > Mar 30, 5:25 AM: With Senate Bill 193 stuck in a holding pattern in the New Hampshire House, opponents of education savings accounts launched what they hope is a final attack on the legislation that would allow public dollars to go to
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Dartmouth 83%
- Cabinet.com 67%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Berlin Daily Sun 33%
- Union Leader 39%