- Analysis: School voucher bill could cost N.H. $36M over 12 years
- > Jan 31, 7:12 AM: A school choice bill that would create a voucher-like system in New Hampshire could cost the state $36 million over 12 years, according to a new analysis from the state’s nonpartisan Legislative Budget Assistant.
- Sununu touts school choice bill as ‘life changing’
- > Jan 24, 6:45 AM: Speaking in front of a large crowd of school choice advocates on Tuesday, Sununu made a push for a much battled over bill that would allow some parents to send their kids to private or religious schools, or home schooling,
- Advocates Cautiously Optimistic About Voucher-Like Education Program
- > Jan 23, 6:13 AM: Home-schoolers and school choice advocates from the Upper Valley and beyond are hailing a voucher-like program under consideration in the New Hampshire Legislature, but also expressing concern that proposed limitations to
- Half of N.H. Students Would Qualify for Vouchers
- > Jan 17, 6:02 AM: At least 84,500 New Hampshire students — about half of the state’s public school population — would be eligible for a controversial school choice proposal under consideration at the State House, a panel of lawmakers was
- Manchester Mayor Pans School Choice Bill, Education Chair Says Cost Minimal
- > Jan 17, 5:48 AM: The bill would allow some parents to take their children out of public school and then spend the state tax dollars that would have followed that child on other forms of education, including private school tuition.
- School choice bill that would send public money to private schools clears N.H. House
- Jan 4, 6:16 AM: A hotly contested bill that would create an expansive new school choice program in New Hampshire passed the state House on Tuesday by a comfortable margin, 184-162.
- N.H. Attorney General Says Controversial School Choice Bill Passes Legal Muster
- > Jan 3, 6:24 AM: The bill would allow parents to take their children out of public school and then spend the state tax dollars that would have gone to that public school on other forms of education. That includes private religious
- Advocates say special ed rights lost in school choice bill
- > Dec 26, 8:45 AM: A public school advocacy group writes in a new analysis that children with disabilities disproportionately enroll in public schools instead of private schools – and warns that a new school choice bill could aggravate those
- School officials speak out against voucher system
- Dec 26, 7:46 AM: Some Seacoast school officials are calling on lawmakers to kill a bill to establishing a school voucher program allowing parents to use state money to pay for alternative education options.
- Education commissioner denies he politicized job interview
- Dec 21, 6:37 AM: New Hampshire Education Commissioner Frank Edelblut denies politicizing an interview with an applicant for a position to lead the state’s charter school office.
- School Officials Eye Voucher Bill
- Dec 8, 7:04 AM: Upper Valley school officials said they’re keeping watch on school voucher legislation that’s projected to cost many districts thousands of dollars in state aid.
- Risking all for choice
- > Dec 8, 6:58 AM: School districts could lose $5.8 million in state aid, nearly $100,000 in Laconia alone, under a bill allowing public funds to be spent on private education or home schooling, according to a study by a policy analysis
- Dueling Studies Examine Controversial Voucher Bill
- Dec 7, 7:37 AM: A new analysis of a controversial school voucher bill says it could cost the state millions of dollars over the next several years.
- School Board discusses voucher bill
- > Dec 1, 6:23 AM: The Wilton-Lyndeborough School Board discussed the potential impacts of SB 193 — what is sometimes called the “school voucher” or “school choice” bill — with Wilton Representative Carol Roberts on Tuesday.
- Most local students would qualify for vouchers
- Nov 17, 6:56 AM: Most local families could meet the income requirements in legislation that would provide them with state money to spend on private education or home schooling.
- Heavily amended school choice bill clears N.H. House committee
- Nov 15, 7:14 AM: A controversial school choice bill has cleared the House education committee, squeaking by in a 10-9 vote after late amendments swayed some uncertain moderates.
- School Choice Bill Endorsed By N.H. House Committee
- Nov 15, 6:23 AM: A controversial school choice bill cleared a major hurdle in the State House Tuesday, receiving a positive recommendation from the House Education Committee on Tuesday by a 10-9 vote.
- Charter school centered on service in the works for Concord
- Nov 10, 7:24 AM: Now, the Boscawen educator wants to start a new charter school in the Concord area based on the idea of service learning – an educational model that integrates community service with instruction.
- Key House committee delays vote on school choice bill, citing last-minute amendments
- > Nov 9, 6:04 AM: Despite an aggressive push by Republican Gov. Chris Sununu, the Republican majority on the House Education Committee balked at voting on a school choice bill that would direct state aid for education to private schools
- Sununu Urges Lawmakers to Support Sweeping School Choice Bill
- > Nov 8, 5:55 AM: The bill would create a type of school voucher system in the state, where parents could take their children out of their local public school and then spend the tax dollars that would have gone to that public school on
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Dartmouth 83%
- Cabinet.com 67%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Berlin Daily Sun 33%
- Union Leader 39%