- Excellence on display at Nashua charter school
- May 14, 8:15 AM: It is apparent that the school community revolves around learning, individual passions and the interests of everyone involved, she said.
- SCSU to expand partnership, education programs with schools, city
- Apr 5, 6:06 AM: As part of the program, SCSU faculty and certified high school teachers will teach college classes at city high schools, with students eligible to receive college credits before graduating high school.
- Column: Tax credit program is vital to my son’s education, well-being
- > Mar 25, 5:45 AM: Without an ETC scholarship, parents like myself would be forced to send their child to a school that does not fit their educational needs. Our children are the future, and it is our job as parents and leaders to ensure all
- Editorial: Addressing issues facing left-behind communities is good policy — and good politics
- > Mar 21, 7:24 AM: Clean water and renewable energy are other areas in which investment by the federal government could yield big dividends and improve the quality of rural life. And as Booker noted, the federal government could give a boost
- N.H. Dems push to eliminate tax credits for private school scholarships
- Mar 14, 5:58 AM: Since 2012, New Hampshire has offered companies a deal: contribute to a fund to help low-income families pay private school tuition, and receive tax credits in return.
- Richard Evans -- School choice not 'draining' anything
- > Feb 25, 5:52 AM: The one constant, among the fervent and often frenetic opposition to anyone or anything that threatens the unfortunate monopoly that the public schools hold on the delivery of free education, is that the word “draining” is
- School choice battle revs up again in debate over tax credit program
- > Feb 6, 6:28 AM: Supporters of the repeal effort, with a Democratic majority in House and Senate, are hoping to reverse the most significant legislative success of school choice advocates in recent years. If they succeed in passing a bill
- Commentary: Put students, families first
- > Feb 4, 8:00 AM: Our public school system works extremely well considering the task, which is that our public schools must admit all children of various talents, skills, socioeconomic background and social status. On the other hand,
- Opinion: It’s time to rethink high school education
- > Jan 30, 7:18 AM: Gov. Chris Sununu recently announced the state’s intention to develop New Hampshire Career Academies, a progressive idea to provide high school students a pathway to industry certification, an associate’s degree and a job
- Commentary: NH’s education opportunities abound
- > Jan 14, 8:23 AM: It’s time to hit the pause button on the governor’s “Learn Everywhere” and “Career Academies” proposals announced last week. These proposals seem to pull funding away from public schools and stand in contrast to what
- Tuition-free associates degree about to become an option for NH high school grads
- > Jan 7, 7:52 AM: Tucked into Gov. Chris Sununu’s second inaugural address was a promise to create the New Hampshire Career Academy, a partnership involving community colleges, employers and local high schools that will enable motivated and
- Personalized learning launches in Rochester schools
- Dec 10, 8:39 AM: Five city schools launched their personalized learning programs recently with lighthearted, interactive skits to get students excited about what’s in store for their classrooms.
- Nashua School District Studying Replacing Subs With Online Learning
- > Dec 7, 6:38 AM: As Nashua School District continues to struggle with finding and retaining enough substitute teachers for its classrooms, school officials are exploring a potential solution that would eliminate the need for subs at all.
- Opinion: Reject charter school expansion until funding formula fixed
- Dec 4, 8:33 AM: If you value the quality of our public schools, I urge you to join me in opposing Pioneer Valley Chinese Immersion charter school’s third expansion attempt in as many years.
- Commentary: Why is education reform stuck in a snow bank?
- Nov 28, 8:37 AM: For at least a century, New Hampshire and nearly every other state have been developing plans to help turn around low-performing schools.
- Another View: Why Is Education Reform Stuck In A Rut?
- > Nov 16, 5:52 AM: For at least a century, New Hampshire and nearly every other state have been developing plans to help turnaround low performing schools. In his 1922 book, Samuel Brooks, then the school superintendent in Winchester,
- Lawsuit over school choice program has new life thanks to constitutional amendment
- > Nov 8, 5:37 AM: A six-year-old state law that allows businesses to claim a tax deduction for donations to a private school scholarship fund could face another court challenge, now that voters have overwhelmingly approved an amendment to
- Letter: As a parent, I favor school choice
- > Nov 5, 6:17 AM: There are so many choices in our daily life, except for our children’s K-12 education. Every week when I go to the grocery store, I’m thankful for the seemingly unlimited choices presented in every aisle. From coffee to
- Got School Choice? Not if you Elect Democrats in New Hampshire
- > Nov 2, 5:22 AM: Over and over again, New Hampshire Democrats keep hammering away at some non-existent voucher bill in the state. They appear to be referring to Educational Savings Accounts (ESAs) but they never let facts get in the way of
- Editorial: Kelly is right choice for governor
- Nov 1, 5:53 AM: But we know that Sununu, with his fervent support for a school voucher program that would direct money away from public schools, would increase those inequities.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Dartmouth 83%
- Cabinet.com 67%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Berlin Daily Sun 33%
- Union Leader 39%