- School choice bills clear hurdles in Senate
- Feb 24, 5:57 AM: Two bills that could dramatically expand school choice in New Hampshire have cleared early hurdles at the State House.
- State Board of Ed says ‘99.9 percent’ of public commentary on Edelblut negative
- > Feb 16, 6:17 AM: Just hours before Frank Edelblut was officially confirmed as education commissioner, the State Board of Education told Gov. Chris Sununu they had reservations about his nominee to lead New Hampshire’s public schools.
- School choice advocates see ally in GOP Gov. Sununu
- Feb 6, 5:47 AM: Advocates of school choice see an ally in Gov. Chris Sununu, New Hampshire’s first Republican governor in a dozen years.
- Bills could give charters a new path toward approval, more money
- Feb 3, 7:28 AM: Lawmakers this session might give would-be charter schools a third path to authorization – and charters in general a substantial bump in funding to boot.
- N.H. House OK's Bills Addressing Parental Control in Schools
- Feb 3, 5:52 AM: The New Hampshire House passed a pair of education bills Thursday that focused on parental control.
- NH parents stand up for school choice
- > Jan 25, 5:47 AM: Close to 200 students, parents, teachers and community leaders rallied in Manchester on Tuesday in support of school choice, part of a nationwide campaign spotlighting the ability of parents to choose which school their
- Education pick signals a change in direction for schooling
- > Jan 24, 7:25 AM: Conservative groups have cheered Edelblut’s nomination, lauding his business experience and full-throated advocacy for alternatives to traditional schooling. Meanwhile, teachers unions and Democrats have slammed Sununu’s
- Sununu taps school-choice advocate Edelblut
- Jan 20, 6:09 AM: Gov. Chris Sununu named a school choice advocate who homeschooled his children as his pick Wednesday to lead New Hampshire's education department.
- Incoming GOP State Senator Says Expanding School Choice a Top Priority
- > Dec 28, 6:32 AM: When New Hampshire's state Senate convenes for its first session of the year next week, there will be plenty of new faces. Nine of the legislative body's 24 members are newly elected, and this week, we're hearing from two
- Croydon school choice supporters raising private funds for 6 students' tuition
- Dec 12, 6:34 AM: Determined to keep six Croydon middle students in a neighboring town’s private Montessori school, Croydon proponents of school choice are raising private funds to pay the private school tuition.
- Officials advocate for school choice
- > Dec 12, 6:30 AM: Members of the Croydon School Board on Wednesday appeared in a new video to promote school choice in New Hampshire, offering testimonials about their fight against state officials regarding the board's payments of private
- School tax break to wait; board tables discount plan for charters
- Oct 11, 6:21 AM: It’s still on the agenda, but the proposal to give charter schools a tax break is unlikely to see a push forward since it was tabled by the city’s Board of Aldermen in May.
- Northampton study: Charter school families well-to-do, highly educated
- Aug 5, 7:40 AM: A disproportionate number of Northampton parents who send their children to area charter schools are affluent and well-educated, according to a recent survey.
- Has New Hampshire found the secret to online education that works?
- > Aug 4, 7:50 AM: Virtual schools promise flexibility and a universe of learning just keystrokes away. But a slew of recent studies have found lackluster performance at online schools, seriously tarnishing their promise. Amid all the bad
- Croydon district considers appeal of school choice denial
- > Aug 4, 5:58 AM: The Croydon School District plans to appeal a recent superior court ruling that placed a permanent injunction on school choice in the district. A meeting with residents is planned in the Croydon Town Hall tonight.
- Judge: Croydon can't allow parents choice of private school for child if tuition is paid by taxpayers
- Aug 3, 5:26 AM: Sullivan County Superior Court presiding judge Brian T. Tucker has sided with the state Department of Education, ruling against school choice in the Croydon School District.
- NH pays its main e-school for what kids learn, not just enrolling or logging in
- > Jul 18, 7:38 AM: The Virtual Learning Academy Charter School in New Hampshire gets no money simply because a student enrolls in the school. Unlike Ohio, New Hampshire pays the school only when kids make progress in their classes.
- Charter schools tax break denied in Nashua
- > May 12, 6:37 AM: A proposal to offer tax breaks to charter schools in the city was narrowly rejected by aldermen on Tuesday. “I don’t want us to become a magnet for charter schools, which I think are a drain to public education,” said
- Nashua considers tax breaks for charter schools
- May 4, 6:03 AM: In an effort to support and encourage alternative schooling, city officials are considering a proposal that would reduce taxes for local charter schools.
- Will More Catholic Schools Pivot From Common Core to Classical Education?
- > Apr 29, 6:27 AM: Because New Hampshire had a moratorium on charter schools, Enzler started a nonprofit to support the school. He adopted the curriculum that is standard for classical education in Italy and rented the school building from a
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Dartmouth 83%
- Cabinet.com 67%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Berlin Daily Sun 33%
- Union Leader 39%