- Voucher Bill Tests Ambition of School Choice Advocates in N.H.
- Apr 25, 7:32 AM: Lawmakers will debate a controversial education bill Tuesday that would allow parents to use state tax dollars to pay for private school tuition and homeschool expenses.
- House tackles Senate bills on elections, school choice
- > Apr 18, 6:26 AM: The New Hampshire House of Representatives this week takes up two of the most controversial bills to clear the state Senate — an overhaul of election law and a proposal to use state education money for “freedom scholarships” at
- Emotions run high at hearing on bill to use state per-pupil grants for private schools
- Apr 5, 4:59 AM: A Senate-passed bill that would give parents state funding to send their children to private schools, including religious schools, drew a capacity crowd as the House took up the measure on Tuesday.
- N.H. lawmakers set to pick which school choice bill will go to Sununu
- Mar 28, 4:54 AM: A bill allowing school boards to tuition students to private schools will almost certainly land on GOP Gov. Chris Sununu’s desk this session. But exactly what kinds of schools would benefit is still up in the air.
- House OK’s its version of school choice bill
- > Mar 9, 5:59 AM: School choice advocates chalked up another legislative victory on Wednesday, as the House voted 188-163 to pass HB 557, the so-called “Croydon Bill,” giving school districts the power to assign children to private schools in certain
- Gaining ground: School choice advocates poised to make greater strides with State House support
- > Mar 6, 5:51 AM: The number of students in charter school is still relatively small in the Granite State – but it’s growing. It’s increased more than six-fold in the past 10 years, with 24 schools now currently operating with a little over 3,400
- New Hampshire Senate approves bill to to set up ‘education freedom savings accounts’
- Feb 27, 6:03 AM: The New Hampshire Senate has given the greenlight to a bill that could vastly expand the use of public dollars for tuition at private elementary, middle and high schools.
- School choice bills clear hurdles in Senate
- Feb 24, 5:57 AM: Two bills that could dramatically expand school choice in New Hampshire have cleared early hurdles at the State House.
- State Board of Ed says ‘99.9 percent’ of public commentary on Edelblut negative
- Feb 16, 6:17 AM: Just hours before Frank Edelblut was officially confirmed as education commissioner, the State Board of Education told Gov. Chris Sununu they had reservations about his nominee to lead New Hampshire’s public schools.
- School choice advocates see ally in GOP Gov. Sununu
- Feb 6, 5:47 AM: Advocates of school choice see an ally in Gov. Chris Sununu, New Hampshire’s first Republican governor in a dozen years.
- Bills could give charters a new path toward approval, more money
- Feb 3, 7:28 AM: Lawmakers this session might give would-be charter schools a third path to authorization – and charters in general a substantial bump in funding to boot.
- N.H. House OK’s Bills Addressing Parental Control in Schools
- Feb 3, 5:52 AM: The New Hampshire House passed a pair of education bills Thursday that focused on parental control.
- NH parents stand up for school choice
- > Jan 25, 5:47 AM: Close to 200 students, parents, teachers and community leaders rallied in Manchester on Tuesday in support of school choice, part of a nationwide campaign spotlighting the ability of parents to choose which school their child
- Education pick signals a change in direction for schooling
- > Jan 24, 7:25 AM: Conservative groups have cheered Edelblut’s nomination, lauding his business experience and full-throated advocacy for alternatives to traditional schooling. Meanwhile, teachers unions and Democrats have slammed Sununu’s choice,
- Sununu taps school-choice advocate Edelblut
- Jan 20, 6:09 AM: Gov. Chris Sununu named a school choice advocate who homeschooled his children as his pick Wednesday to lead New Hampshire's education department.
- Incoming GOP State Senator Says Expanding School Choice a Top Priority
- > Dec 28, 6:32 AM: When New Hampshire's state Senate convenes for its first session of the year next week, there will be plenty of new faces. Nine of the legislative body's 24 members are newly elected, and this week, we're hearing from two of those
- Croydon school choice supporters raising private funds for 6 students’ tuition
- Dec 12, 6:34 AM: Determined to keep six Croydon middle students in a neighboring town’s private Montessori school, Croydon proponents of school choice are raising private funds to pay the private school tuition.
- Officials advocate for school choice
- > Dec 12, 6:30 AM: Members of the Croydon School Board on Wednesday appeared in a new video to promote school choice in New Hampshire, offering testimonials about their fight against state officials regarding the board's payments of private tuition
- School tax break to wait; board tables discount plan for charters
- Oct 11, 6:21 AM: It’s still on the agenda, but the proposal to give charter schools a tax break is unlikely to see a push forward since it was tabled by the city’s Board of Aldermen in May.
- Northampton study: Charter school families well-to-do, highly educated
- Aug 5, 7:40 AM: A disproportionate number of Northampton parents who send their children to area charter schools are affluent and well-educated, according to a recent survey.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Dartmouth 83%
- Cabinet.com 67%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Berlin Daily Sun 33%
- Union Leader 39%