- Hundreds enroll in new College Opportunity Program through MGM
- > Sep 6, 7:48 AM: More than 250 MGM Resorts International employees have enrolled in the first semester of the company’s College Opportunity Program. The program provide free college access for employees through the Nevada System of Higher
- Opinion: Time to renew promise of educational opportunity for all
- > Aug 30, 8:17 AM: As we begin another school year, which is now under a cloud — again — of insufficient funding, I make the commitment that I will do what I was sent to Washington to do: make sure that education is a national priority and
- Students losing Opportunity Scholarships following legislative changes, in spite of efforts to soften blow
- > Aug 30, 5:32 AM: Zuleika Parra had been a stay-at-home mom for the past four years, raising four boys ages two to seven and sending the oldest one to St. Christopher Catholic School in Las Vegas with help from the state-sanctioned
- School district, union reach tentative contract agreement and avert teacher strike
- > Aug 29, 6:58 AM: The Clark County School District and the local teachers’ union announced a tentative contract agreement late Wednesday afternoon that honors pay raises tied to professional development, averting a possible strike that
- Clouds Gather For Looming CCSD Teacher Strike
- Aug 28, 7:48 AM: Upheaval at the Clark County School District (CCSD) was once again in the news last week as an ongoing labor dispute between the district and the Clark County Education Association (CCEA) came to a head.
- Column: Here’s who to blame for threatened CCSD teacher strike
- > Aug 28, 7:27 AM: On Monday, Jara and the district wisely filed for a court injunction in hopes of heading off a strike. They want to work through the collective bargaining process. Ironically, that process favors unions, at least those
- Clark County School District files for injunction to stop teacher strike, union responds
- Aug 27, 5:23 AM: The Clark County School District filed a request for an injunction with the courts to stop what it says would be a “crippling strike” that would devastate Nevada.
- Sisolak lambastes school district, Jara over looming strike; district serves mediation letter to teachers' union
- > Aug 26, 8:08 AM: Gov. Steve Sisolak excoriated Clark County School District leaders during a press conference Friday over a breakdown in negotiations for additional pay for teachers who completed certain professional development — an
- As charter schools multiply, teachers at traditional public schools have a choice — stay or go?
- > Aug 26, 7:44 AM: Charter leaders say their schools certainly aren’t immune to Nevada’s teacher shortage issue. They have to work just as hard to attract and retain educators, and vacancies happen. But as charter schools multiplied in
- Teachers' anger spills into school board meeting cut short by trustees as strike threat looms
- Aug 23, 7:32 AM: Teachers’ anger over an ongoing contract dispute rooted in promised pay raises boiled over during a public meeting Thursday evening that the Clark County School Board of Trustees ultimately cut short.
- CCSD parents share concerns ahead of looming teachers strike
- Aug 22, 6:40 AM: A lot of parents, teachers and students felt uneasy over a possible teacher strike Wednesday, ahead of a potentially big day for Clark County School District.
- Effect of teacher strike on county, city programs uncertain
- > Aug 21, 7:56 AM: Officials in Las Vegas and Clark County, which operate before and after-school programs serving thousands of students, said Tuesday they are closely monitoring a potential teachers strike that may affect the youth
- Why teachers union might strike, despite raise offer from CCSD
- > Aug 19, 8:20 AM: Clark County Education executives met Saturday to discuss the next steps in calling a district wide teacher strike. The meeting happened despite, and because of, the Clark County School District's announcing an offer to
- Column: Mom hopes lawsuit will save her daughters’ Opportunity Scholarships
- > Aug 19, 7:20 AM: This story is a win-win. Ybarra’s daughters are thriving thanks to Opportunity Scholarships, which are limited to $8,300 a student. That makes this program a good deal for taxpayers, too. Spending at Hal Smith is $9,500 a
- Families sue Nevada to thaw state Democrats' freeze on school choice scholarships
- > Aug 19, 5:46 AM: The Opportunity Scholarship program, launched in 2015 under a Republican-controlled Legislature, was supposed to offer ever-increasing amount of tax credits to businesses that support private school scholarships for
- Parents sue over Nevada’s cap on tax-incentive-funded scholarships
- Aug 15, 8:05 AM: Parents whose children attend private schools on scholarships funded by state tax incentives are suing over a cap on the program imposed during the recent legislative session.
- Southwest Las Vegas charter school bustles in first week
- Aug 15, 6:57 AM: During a lesson Aug. 9 — the second day of school — music teacher Michelle Tousignant asked a group of elementary school students to make observations about their keyboards.
- Students log on to virtual classroom on first day of school
- > Aug 14, 6:02 AM: While some kids are hopping on school buses the first week of school, James and Anthony Syzdek are hopping on their computers. The two are in 4th and 6th grade. They've been enrolled in Nevada Connections Academy , a K-12
- Editorial: Time for Jara to put a stop to teacher union’s strike talk
- > Aug 13, 7:31 AM: As a new school year begins, teachers throughout the Clark County School District are working to establish their authority in the classroom. If students don’t respect the teacher, after all, the environment is rarely
- Remember that threatened CCSD teacher strike? It could still happen.
- > Aug 7, 7:38 AM: The new school year is scheduled to begin Monday. Students have begun bemoaning the end of summer. Parents are back-to-school shopping. And teachers officially report to their schools on Wednesday, though many have already
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- KOLO-TV - Online 75%
- KRXI-TV - Online 67%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Record-Courier 33%
- Elko Daily Free Press - Online 33%