- Senate Bill 55 could bring charter schools to the Ozarks, among other changes
- Feb 26, 7:41 AM: An education package up for debate in the Missouri Senate is seeing so many changes. Senate Bill 55 includes a handful of changes, including possible charter schools here in Springfield.
- In historic vote, school choice proposal wins final approval in Missouri House
- > Feb 26, 6:44 AM: Proponents of a measure allowing students in the St. Louis area to draw scholarship funds in order to attend the school of their choice won a narrow victory in the Missouri House on Thursday, sending the proposal to the
- Missouri looks to expand charter schools while SLPS asks for moratorium
- > Feb 25, 7:31 AM: But as SLPS closes schools, five new charter schools hope to open in the city in the next two years. “Ali Academy is a school dedicated to social justice,” explained Chester Asher, the CEO and founder of Ali Academy.
- Opinion: Fix MOCAP now and empower families through school choice
- > Feb 25, 6:57 AM: Every family in Missouri has a story about the challenges they’ve faced over the last year due to the disrupted learning environment from COVID-19. However, many families have been struggling with their children’s
- Missouri Senate puts off vote on giant K-12 education package
- > Feb 24, 6:15 AM: After about twelve hours of debate, the Missouri Senate refrained from voting overnight on a contentious K-12 public education package. There was some confusion towards the end that appeared to ultimately lead to the plan
- Will pandemic pave way for school choice in Missouri?
- > Feb 19, 7:25 AM: Opposition remains steadfast, but both sides of the debate agree COVID-19's impact on education shook up the dynamic and exposed issues in Missouri's public education system."I am tired of wiping tears from my babies'
- Will pandemic pave way for school choice in Missouri?
- > Feb 18, 6:00 AM: Now the top Republicans in the Missouri House and Senate have once again declared school choice a top priority, fast tracking bills that would expand charter schools statewide and establish scholarship accounts that could
- SLPS board passes new school moratorium as Missouri legislature debates charter funding
- > Feb 15, 7:40 AM: At Tuesday night’s board of education meeting, a resolution calling for a moratorium on the construction of new schools passed unanimously, with a 7-0 vote. Some Charter school advocates in St. Louis, however, see this
- Editorial: Legislature rightly pursues school choice
- > Feb 11, 6:22 AM: We’ve long been supportive of school choice. It’s basically the philosophy of supporting parents in their quest to find the best educational option to fit their children. That could be public schooling or it could be
- Parson’s budget includes $1 million for school innovation
- > Feb 11, 6:18 AM: Gov. Mike Parson’s budget blueprint includes $1 million for schools that want to be exempted from certain state regulations. The funding would support “innovation teams” seeking waivers from the State Board of Education to
- St. Louis School Board Calls For Halting Of New Charter Schools
- > Feb 10, 7:27 AM: St. Louis’ Board of Education passed a resolution Tuesday calling for lawmakers to put the brakes on any new charter schools in the city, a day after St. Louis Public Schools announced a formal partnership with some
- Opinion: All students deserve access to public school options
- Feb 9, 6:18 AM: Every family has been faced with unprecedented challenges over the last year. For many, one of the most difficult has been deciding how to safely educate their children.
- Charter Schools expanding in St. Louis
- Feb 8, 7:33 AM: At least two new charter schools plan to open in fall of 2022 to serve the same 63107 ZIP code, with a third planning to launch there two years later.
- Missouri school districts could lose control of virtual education decisions under proposed legislation
- Feb 3, 8:07 AM: A proposal in the Missouri Senate would allow parents to enroll students in state-funded virtual education without input from their local school districts.
- SIUE East St. Louis Charter High School Gives New Chromebooks To Students
- > Feb 2, 7:03 AM: It was out with the old and in with the new – Chromebooks that is – when students showed up for the Southern Illinois University Edwardsville East St. Louis Charter High School’s (CHS) January school supply pickup.
- Opinion: School choice is key to success for Missouri students
- Feb 2, 6:13 AM: Before enrolling in the Missouri Virtual Academy, my daughter struggled for two years with bullying thanks to her peers and teachers at her previous brick and mortar public school.
- Poll shows parent dissatisfaction in Missouri education
- Jan 28, 8:34 AM: The poll, conducted by Cor Services Inc., shows about 37 percent of Missouri parents believe their children are being left behind academically this year, compared to less than 7 percent last year.
- St. Louis Public Schools could lose $17.4 million under proposed change in funding formula
- Jan 27, 6:38 AM: A proposal in the Missouri House could shift millions of dollars from public schools to charter schools.
- Charter school bundle clears first hurdle in Senate committee
- > Jan 22, 7:41 AM: The Senate Education Committee voted out a large education package that would allow charter school expansion, change the way state funding is allocated for virtual learning, and encourage public schools to allow
- Opinion: Put students first, not systems first, in online education
- > Jan 22, 6:56 AM: Families who might be dissatisfied with their current schooling arrangement, whatever it may be, should explore other options, including the Missouri Course Access Program. Especially during this pandemic, we need to do
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Columbia Missourian - Online 83%
- Olathe News - Online, The 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Springfield News-Leader 17%
- KMOX-AM - Online 25%