- Kirksville R-III considers virtual education
- > Sep 11, 5:52 AM: The Kirksville R-III School District is considering branching out into virtual education through a partnership with a private company. Some school officials believe the idea will help attract more students and money from
- Kansas City's DeLaSalle Wants To Be The School Kids Choose, Not Their Last Resort
- > Sep 6, 4:57 AM: One way DeLaSalle is trying to get more students to the finish line is through a new, online program known as Missouri Option that lets students work at their own pace to complete coursework. It’s specifically designed for
- Letter: Charter schools not doing their part for homeless students
- > Aug 30, 6:15 AM: The editorial “Education malpractice” (Aug. 26) passionately pleads the case for better educational opportunities for our growing number of homeless children. Riverview Gardens was specifically called out for insensitive
- MAC and FHS partner on apprenticeship program
- > Aug 27, 6:47 AM: Many high school students today are looking for a technical career pathway that does not require a college degree. A new partnership between Mineral Area College and Farmington High School gives Career and Technical
- What counts as a magnet school? SPS tries to better define 'choice' programs
- > Aug 27, 4:48 AM: Over the past two decades, Springfield Public Schools has experienced a proliferation of special programs. The size, scope and mission of the programs vary widely. They range from the Health Sciences Academy for
- Virtual education options continue to expand for MO residents
- > Aug 24, 6:28 AM: But for high school students who prefer an alternative, the rules are changing. Senate Bill 603 allows any student who has been enrolled in a public school for at least a semester to sign up for online classes with the
- Missouri department updating accountability measures on charter school sponsors
- > Aug 14, 6:43 AM: The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is revising standards by which charter school sponsors are judged. During a recent Missouri Board of Education meeting, Chris Neale with the department says
- Missouri’s Labor Victory Won’t Reverse the Decline of Unions
- > Aug 9, 7:49 AM: On Tuesday night, as it became clear that voters in Missouri had—by a two-to-one margin—defeated a state law meant to reduce unions’ power, the president of the AFL-CIO, Richard Trumka, declared, “The defeat of this
- Crunch time for parents trying to find new school after Benjamin Banneker closes
- Aug 1, 4:55 AM: The start of school is just a couple weeks away, and that deadline means it’s crunch time for some families with kids would have returned to Benjamin Banneker Charter Academy of Technology.
- Opinion: Improving K-12 education through school choice programs
- Jul 30, 4:50 AM: What is Missouri doing with respect to the school choice revolution? The answer, unfortunately, is not much. Our state does not allow education savings accounts, school vouchers or scholarship tax credits.
- KC charter school closes, leaving parents scrambling to find another option
- Jul 24, 5:10 AM: Weeks before school resumes, one of Kansas City’s oldest charter schools has closed, and it’s unclear where those students will enroll.
- Editorial: Want better schools in Missouri? Hire quality teachers, and pay them well
- > Jul 17, 4:57 AM: The 21st century demands a quality, well-educated workforce, and education is the best investment taxpayers can make to achieve that goal. The best investment in education is paying good public school teachers good money.
- New charter school will let students direct their learning
- > Jul 12, 4:58 AM: At Kairos, students will decide their schedules, learn from Chromebooks and work in groups rather than listen to lectures. On Wednesday, the Missouri Charter Public School Commission, which will sponsor the school, gave
- New law gives charter schools leeway to enroll more disadvantaged students
- Jul 11, 5:24 AM: Missouri charter schools will now be able to give preference to poor or struggling students in its lottery admissions system.
- Charter school parents deserve a say in lawsuit that threatens their schools, federal appeals court rules
- > Jul 6, 6:38 AM: Charter school parents have standing to intervene in a lawsuit that may threaten their schools' funding, a federal appeals court judge said in a ruling issued Thursday that reverses a previous district court decision.
- Catholic schools launch marketing initiative
- > Jul 3, 5:10 AM: The leadership at the local Catholic elementary schools — Cathedral, St. Francis Xavier and St. James — and Bishop LeBlond High School announced their new website, St. Joseph Catholic Schools, in addition to a marketing
- Grand Center Arts Academy saves itself by combining with Confluence charter schools
- > Jul 2, 6:36 AM: The two school agencies already share the same board and administration, so virtually nothing will change about the schools themselves, Confluence CEO Candice Carter-Oliver said. No staff will be cut, and students will see
- St. Louis' North Side charter school to expand with a middle school
- > Jul 2, 4:44 AM: North Side Principal Stella Erondu said parents had been asking her to expand to middle school grades. Parents and school leaders say they see a need for more quality public middle schools for students who finish fifth
- Poor performing Missouri charter school set to close this week sues to stay open
- > Jun 27, 6:54 AM: Benjamin Banneker Charter Academy in Kansas City is preparing to close its doors this week but school officials aren’t going without a fight. They have sued the State of Missouri in an attempt to stay open and have been in
- UMKC Partnership To Prepare Urban Principals Is 'Missing Piece' From Teacher To Leader
- > Jun 25, 7:10 AM: Asha Moore just finished her ninth year teaching. She loves being an educator, but she isn’t returning to the classroom in the fall. Instead, she’ll be taking over the dean of students job at the Academy for Integrated
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Columbia Missourian - Online 83%
- Olathe News - Online, The 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Springfield News-Leader 17%
- KMOX-AM - Online 25%