- Charter school plans abandoned
- May 4, 5:21 AM: Great Plains School of Technology and Innovation, a proposed charter school for grades 6-8 in Moorhead, Minnesota, isn’t likely to make it past the planning stages.
- Supporters Of Autism Charter Schools Want To Increase Enrollment
- May 3, 7:04 AM: Interest is high for the two charter schools opening this fall in Minocqua for students on the autism spectrum. They have more applicants than available slots at one of the charters.
- Kato Public Charter School makes case to stay open with new format
- Apr 17, 6:59 AM: If Kato Public Charter School is allowed to stay open, its leaders want to transform their school with an online-based and vocational-focused curriculum.
- Open enrollment arose to allow for school choice; state funds follow students
- > Apr 16, 5:11 AM: Open enrollment allows Minnesota families to enroll their children in a public school district of their choosing. The law was enacted in 1988 for the 1989-90 school year in an effort to close the achievement gap.
- Hopkins district, charter school explore unprecedent merger
- Apr 4, 6:38 AM: As the Hopkins School District aims to expand its language immersion program, district leaders have turned to a charter school within its boundaries to explore an unprecedented merger in Minnesota.
- Regional school districts to work together on 'Innovation Zone' project
- > Mar 27, 4:45 AM: The Minnesota Department of Education approved the Vision 2020 Innovation Research Zone Pilot Project, a partnership between Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton, Waseca, St. Peter, Tri-City United, Sleepy Eye, Fairmont, Granada
- District, charter school explore unprecedented merger
- Mar 23, 5:15 AM: As the Hopkins School District aims to expand its language immersion program, district leaders have turned to a charter school within its boundaries toexplore an unprecedented merger in Minnesota.
- Hopkins District, charter school explore unprecedented merger
- Mar 21, 5:34 AM: As the Hopkins School District aims to expand its language immersion program, district leaders have turned to a charter school within its boundaries to explore an unprecedented merger in Minnesota.
- For students with both gifts and disabilities, choices are few
- > Mar 5, 6:36 AM: Schools generally organize themselves according to categories: They divide students by age, grade, and often by academic progress or lack thereof. But what about students who don't fit into those categories? That's the
- A look at the two leaders spearheading reforms in Minnesota's largest charter-school network
- > Jan 10, 5:44 AM: In terms of student demographics, these charter schools can vary quite a bit from one school to the next, especially when it comes to the portion who are only enrolled in the affiliated online program, Minnesota
- School integration lawsuit heads to Minnesota Supreme Court
- > Jan 8, 8:19 AM: One of the state’s most closely watched education lawsuits in years is heading to the Minnesota Supreme Court on Tuesday, accusing state officials of shirking their responsibilities to educate poor and minority students.
- Edison says it's not to blame for Duluth school district's money woes
- > Dec 19, 6:50 AM: The district has pinned a big piece of a $2 million mid-year deficit — calling it unexpected — on the special education spending of Edison, coupled with a state funding formula increase. State law dictates that the Duluth
- Enrollment increase encourages Xavier Charter School to expand
- Dec 13, 8:27 AM: More than 700 students attend the Xavier Charter School. The school has about 300 students wait-listed.
- ‘Reimagine’ classrooms to close achievement gap, Twin Cities school superintendents say
Minnesota’s educators need to do a better job recognizing students’ unique attributes and challenges and modify their instruction so all children can reach their full potential.
Dec 11, 8:02 AM:
- STRIDE Academy looks to get charter extension with new authorizer
- Nov 17, 8:03 AM: STRIDE Academy is one step closer to having a new authorizing agency — as well as a contract that runs past June 2018.
- Minnesota Supreme Court agrees to hear case challenging teachers union protections
- Nov 15, 7:55 AM: The Minnesota Supreme Court will decide if a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the state’s teachers union protections should move forward.
- GOP governor hopeful Downey pushes for school vouchers
- > Nov 1, 5:10 AM: Keith Downey, a Republican candidate for Minnesota governor, released an education plan Tuesday that would use public money to finance private school vouchers. He also said he would shutter public schools with performance
- Hiawatha Academies celebrates spread to full charter high school campus
- Oct 26, 5:15 AM: Charter high schools in Minneapolis are often tucked away in modest locations, missing all the amenities that come with larger school district high schools.
- Washington County charter school opens in the woods in a summer camp setting
- Oct 25, 6:30 AM: Deep in the woods of northern Washington County, 167 elementary students are taking classes at one of Minnesota’s newest charter schools.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Forest Lake Times 75%
- Star Tribune - Online 70%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Austin Daily Herald - Online 0%
- Daily Journal - Online, The 0%