- Matias raising campaign cash from charter school advocates
- Feb 16, 7:24 AM: In almost five months, State Rep. Juana Matias has raised over $200,000 in her pursuit of the Democratic nomination for the 3rd District.
- Teacher union for Western Mass. charter school receives state approval
- Feb 16, 7:07 AM: Efforts to unionize teaching staffs at independent charter schools have spread from Cape Cod to Western Massachusetts, creating what could potentially be a new labor movement.
- Crossing A Fault Line, Teachers At Two Boston Charter Schools Join Union
- > Feb 15, 6:50 AM: Teachers at two charter schools in Roxbury are joining the Boston Teacher’s Union. It’s the first time the union, which is an affiliate of the American Federation of Teachers, will have charter school staff in their
- School choice has big impact on budgets
- > Feb 13, 5:54 AM: In Massachusetts, a 1991 initiative known as inter-district school choice gives parents the option of enrolling their children in a public school district in a community other than their hometown. While the law lets each
- Intractable school challenges awaiting state’s new education commissioner
- > Feb 12, 8:27 AM: When Jeffrey Riley came in as the state-appointed superintendent of the Lawrence Public Schools six years ago, he had the power to dramatically shake up the system to boost student achievement. He got rid of half the
- As A Pressure Group Folds, Mass. Charter Advocates Survey The Damage
- Feb 8, 6:08 AM: When Families For Excellent Schools brought its charter-school advocacy to Massachusetts, it carried a reputation with it: of a media-savvy, New York-tested organization backed by powerful donors.
- School choice has big impact on budgets across Mass.
- > Feb 1, 8:17 AM: In Massachusetts, a 1991 initiative known as inter-district school choice gives parents the option of enrolling their children in a public school district in a community other than their hometown. While the law lets each
- Ed reform think tank declares unified enrollment dead in Boston
- > Jan 31, 5:56 AM: A year ago, members of the Boston Compact, a team of city, charter school and BPS officials, said they would soon release a plan for unified enrollment, a one-stop process through which parents signing their children up
- Jeff Riley, Lawrence official, gets nod for state education commissioner
- Jan 30, 6:27 AM: The Massachusetts Board of Elementary and Secondary Education on Monday recommended Jeff Riley as the next commissioner by an 8-3 vote.
- KIPP Academy scholars aim high
- Jan 29, 8:04 AM: Knowledge Is Power Program (KIPP) Academy is celebrating a record for scholarships awarded to the charter school’s high school students.
- Franklin charter school is about to expand
- Jan 29, 6:05 AM: One of the Commonwealth’s oldest charter schools is moving to a new building in Franklin with hopes of reducing its waiting list and doubling its enrollment within 10 years.
- Hadley charter school appeals expansion setback
- Jan 25, 7:24 AM: The Pioneer Valley Chinese Immersion Charter School has decided to appeal a decision from the state’s education commissioner not to recommend the school’s expansion.
- Change sought as Massachusetts shortchanges Holyoke $4.3 million in charter reimbursements since 2013
- Jan 24, 8:33 AM: If state officials had kept the commonwealth's promise, the city would have received an additional $4.3 million to cover charter school costs since 2013, an official said Tuesday.
- Things looking up at Collegiate Charter School of Lowell
- Jan 24, 8:33 AM: Former state Education Commissioner David Driscoll, who toured CCSL Tuesday, said the board showed "a lot of courage" in its persistence, despite the flack it received from others in the community.
- School choice has big impact on budgets
- > Jan 22, 5:40 AM: In Massachusetts, a 1991 initiative known as inter-district school choice gives parents the option of enrolling their children in a public school district in a community other than their hometown. While the law lets each
- Three finalists to interview for education commissioner
- > Jan 17, 5:59 AM: A deputy commissioner for New York schools, the Lawrence school superintendent and a deputy commissioner in Texas are the three finalists selected to be interviewed for the state education commissioner’s post, a
- Democrats running for Massachusetts governor in 2018 want more money for public education
- Jan 16, 7:29 AM: Voters can expect charter schools and education to be a major point of debate in the 2018 governor's race.
- With opening of high school, Argosy charter moves closer to college prep outcomes
- > Jan 15, 7:19 AM: Founded in 2014, Argosy is in the fourth year of its seven-year growth plan. Beginning with a sixth-grade class, Argosy has added a grade every year since. The callow sixth-graders who joined the school in its first year
- New Atlantis Charter School just about ready for students
- > Jan 12, 7:00 AM: After more than 20 years in operation as one of Massachusetts’ oldest charter schools, the founders’ vision of a K-12 school with a connection to the waterfront has finally just about come to fruition.
- BPS website glitch creates confusion for parents registering for schools
- Jan 11, 5:44 AM: A technological glitch caused confusion among parents and students yesterday trying to sign up for school next year, school leaders said.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Christian Science Monitor 100%
- MetroWest Daily News - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Harvard University Gazette - Online 0%
- Haverhill Gazette - Online, The 0%