- Atlantis Charter receives accreditation for its high school, just the third in the state
- Jul 17, 6:41 AM: This makes Atlantis Charter’s high school program the third charter high school to be accredited in Massachusetts – with the other two being in Lowell and Devens.
- 80 percent of kids in Boston’s affluent areas go to high-quality public schools. In Mattapan? Five percent
- > Jul 17, 5:11 AM: The findings illustrate the negligible progress Boston has made in the four decades since court-ordered busing began in closing the gap in educational opportunities: The city’s historically white neighborhoods still have a
- Dartmouth Middle School embraces ‘blended learning’
- > Jul 12, 5:03 AM: The “blended learning” model — which marries technology, classroom work stations, and lessons and outreach tailored to students’ specific academic, social and emotional needs — got high praise from administrators during a
- There Will Be No Change’: Parents Face Uphill Battle in Effort to Save Charter School
- Jul 10, 6:00 AM: Members of the school committee explained that their decision was not based on the school’s performance, but rather an effort to regain governance of the institution.
- Horace Mann Parents Continue to Fight to Save Charter
- > Jul 9, 6:07 AM: Parents have launched an online petition supporting the renewal of the school’s charter. “The parents are still in uproar and they are really seeking every single option that they have,” Menyhart said.
- Editorial: A great school deserves a great home in Roslindale
- > Jun 29, 6:55 AM: Roxbury Prep draws its students from all over Boston — 57 percent of them African-American, 39.5 percent of them Hispanic. The bottom line is those students deserve a high school they can be proud of — a physical
- Nonprofit chief is poised to be interim BPS superintendent
- Jun 28, 5:13 AM: The head of a Boston education nonprofit is poised to become the temporary leader of the school system, Mayor Martin J. Walsh and School Committee chairman Michael Loconto announced Wednesday night.
- Determination, persistence, hope define Phoenix Charter Academy Springfield Class of 2018
- > Jun 26, 7:17 AM: Smith, 19, of Springfield, was one of 23 graduates from Phoenix Charter Academy Springfield who earned their high school diplomas during a commencement ceremony Tuesday at Springfield Technical Community College on June 19
- Horace Mann Trustees Say Parents Organizing to Renew Charter
- Jun 25, 7:12 AM: The Board of Trustees for the Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School says it will be up to parents to persuade the town’s school committee to renew its charter.
- Boston Schools head to step down as Walsh signals lack of support
- > Jun 25, 7:02 AM: Boston Public Schools Superintendent Tommy Chang on Friday said he has agreed to resign from his post, amid growing concerns from Mayor Martin J. Walsh about his struggle to deliver significant improvements to the city’s
- Opinion: Choosing choice
- > Jun 25, 5:17 AM: When school choice first rolled out across Massachusetts more than two decades ago, some saw it as the answer to their prayers, allowing students and parents to essentially vote with their feet when it came to finding
- Opinion: Rejuvenating Massachusetts education reform
- > Jun 22, 5:47 AM: However, given the divisions among us, we should stay clear of any single “big-idea” policy initiative – such as raising the charter cap or creating new teacher evaluations; rather, we need to recognize that innovation and
- 25 Years Ago, I Helped Pass Ed Reform In Mass. Today, We Still Have Problems To Solve
- > Jun 21, 6:52 AM: Sadly, the state has no program to fund this kind of change initiative and, until now, the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has shown little interest in offering flexibility as an
- Has Massachusetts' Charter School Experiment Paid Off?
- > Jun 21, 5:05 AM: There is a lot of tension between charter and district schools in Massachusetts. In 2016, ballot box Question 2 asked whether to lift the cap on charter schools in Massachusetts. It was the most expensive ballot question
- 'Statistics can't measure hearts': Determination, persistence, hope define Phoenix Charter Academy Springfield Class of 2018
- > Jun 20, 7:09 AM: Smith, 19, of Springfield, was one of 23 graduates from Phoenix Charter Academy Springfield who earned their high school diplomas during a commencement ceremony Tuesday at Springfield Technical Community College.
- As Charter Schools Narrow Achievement Gaps, Some Rethink Strict Discipline
When Nicolette talks about high expectations, some of the schools he represents — especially the ones with high test scores — also have significantly higher rates of discipline.
Jun 20, 5:15 AM:
- Stark, Stubborn 'Achievement Gaps' Persist 25 Years After Education Reform
- > Jun 19, 6:48 AM: Today, the state is running three entire districts — Lawrence, Holyoke and Southbridge. All of them are majority Latino districts. And the track record for that kind of state control — which often involves mass layoffs of
- Parents look for answers regarding Horace Mann charter school
- Jun 19, 4:27 AM: Parents and teachers call the K-3 charter school an educational success — and want to know why the Barnstable School Committee voted not to renew its charter earlier this month.
- Virtual public high school graduates 125
- Jun 18, 4:54 AM: Seven MetroWest residents were among 125 high school seniors who on Friday joined a growing alumni base of TEC Connections Academy (TECCA), the state’s largest virtual public school.
- Group submits prospectus to district for start-up innovation school in Worcester
- Jun 4, 6:20 AM: A local group said it submitted to the city School Department on Friday its proposal to open the state’s first start-up in-district innovation school.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Christian Science Monitor 100%
- MetroWest Daily News - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Harvard University Gazette - Online 0%
- Haverhill Gazette - Online, The 0%