- Vision Academy gets probationary charter extension
- Apr 18, 5:36 AM: The Board of Elementary and Secondary Education has approved Vision Academy in Monroe for another year of operation, assuming it gets a satisfactory audit.
- Federal suit alleges LPSS staff rigged Schools of Choice lotteries
- Apr 18, 5:06 AM: A federal lawsuit accuses Lafayette Parish School System administrators of manipulating the Schools of Choice lottery and denying some students access to English language services.
- A third of New Orleans students don't get into one of their top 3 schools of choice
- > Apr 17, 5:23 AM: About a third of all students who applied to public schools in New Orleans couldn’t get one of their top choices for the coming school year, officials said Monday. It is the lowest match rate since officials launched a
- LPSS faces federal suit over alleged rigged Schools of Choice lottery
- > Apr 17, 5:21 AM: The suit alleges that the selection was made based on favoritism of "race, color, friendship, relationship by blood or marriage, and even whether the persons were children of members of the employment group of the
- 'Drastic measures' needed if Red River Charter opens
- > Apr 16, 7:25 AM: If Red River Charter Academy (RRCA) is given a green light to open in the 2019-20 school year, it could force the Avoyelles School Board to close and/or reorganize schools, Superintendent Blaine Dauzat told the board this
- Parents frustrated with OneApp school placement system
- > Apr 16, 7:04 AM: Numerous parents are voicing their frustrations after finding out their child did not get into their top 12 schools of choice through the One App school application system. One state representative is now working to
- Einstein Charter to provide yellow bus service beginning next Monday
- > Apr 13, 6:37 AM: The Einstein Charter Schools network beginning April 16 will provide yellow school bus transportation for students in grades pre-kindergarten through 8th grade, according to Einstein officials Thursday (April 12).
- Opinion: Private school voucher students doing poorly
- > Apr 12, 5:46 AM: Under intense pressure to improve test scores, public school performance has reached the point where it is the same as or sometimes better than private schools. This fact, plus the negative results of spending millions of
- Parents at seven Lafayette Parish schools can now apply for transfers
- > Apr 11, 5:24 AM: The Lafayette Parish School System is offering options for families who are zoned for low-rated schools. Under Public School Choice guidelines, parents can apply to have their children attend a higher-rated school in the
- Proponents ready to argue case for new Champaign charter school
- > Apr 9, 5:27 AM: Central to local charter school supporters' proposal is six years' worth of standardized testing data, taken straight from the "report cards" compiled by the Illinois State Board of Education from data provided by each
- Einstein Charter Schools CEO resigns as school district threatens to pull charters
- > Apr 5, 4:39 AM: Einstein Charter Schools chief executive officer Shawn Toranto has stepped down from her position after a decade of leadership at the New Orleans East charter school network. The board members of Einstein Group Inc. voted
- Einstein Charter Schools agrees to bus students after school district threatens to pull charters
- Apr 2, 6:37 AM: After the Orleans Parish school district threatened to revoke the charters for its two elementary schools, the board of Einstein Charter Schools has decided to provide busing for its youngest students.
- Three groups apply to run McDonogh 35 Senior High School
- Mar 29, 6:17 AM: Three groups have expressed interest in the Orleans Parish school district’s two-pronged plan to phase out McDonogh 35 Senior High School as it opens up a new school of the same name in its place.
- Einstein Charter agrees to work with Orleans School Board in busing dispute
- > Mar 27, 5:57 AM: As the Orleans Parish School Board threatens to revoke Einstein Charter Schools' authority to run two New Orleans schools, the board members for the charter organization recently agreed to work with OPSB to resolve their
- Warren Easton looking to expand footprint, admit more freshman
- > Mar 27, 4:50 AM: The charter school’s board of directors have floated the idea of another campus for a few years, citing the ever-increasing demand from parents around the city. Warren Easton is the number one requested high school in the
- Tensions flare between Louisiana lawmakers during charter school debate
- Mar 23, 5:27 AM: In a session already marred by short tempers, two lawmakers Thursday engaged in a heated racial exchange over a bill that would impose a moratorium on charter schools.
- Einstein Charter Schools May Lose Two Schools Over Busing Dispute
- > Mar 21, 6:36 AM: Two New Orleans charter schools may lose their charters. The Orleans Parish School Board (OPSB) says Einstein Charter Schools at Village De L’Est and Sherwood Forest must comply with its demands and start busing students
- Louisiana high school seniors graduating with new career diplomas
- > Mar 20, 6:22 AM: That's the opportunity school officials say about 250 seniors in Rapides Parish have been allowed through a diploma track launched in 2014, which requires students to graduate with at least one valid workforce credential.
- Orleans Parish School Board begins process to revoke Einstein's charter
- Mar 20, 6:12 AM: The Orleans Parish School Board announced Monday (March 19) that charter revocation proceedings will be initiated for two New Orleans East schools that are managed by the Einstein Charter Schools network.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- New Orleans CityBusiness 83%
- KATC-TV - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- KNOE-TV - Online 0%
- Bossier Press-Tribune - Online 8%