- Einstein escapes revocation process after charter hires school buses
- > Apr 24, 6:04 AM: The Orleans Parish School Board is no longer seeking to revoke Einstein Charter Schools' authority to run two New Orleans schools, after the charter network and school board reached a settlement last week resolving a
- Audubon Charter receives 1,200 applications for first year of new Gentilly campus
- > Apr 23, 7:50 AM: Audubon Charter School’s new Gentilly campus received an explosion of interest from parents this spring by way of 1,200 applications for fewer than 200 spaces, and officials are now preparing for a busy summer of
- Rural Livingston schools to use teleconferencing to expand student opportunities
- Apr 23, 7:24 AM: At the most rural schools in Livingston Parish, principals have to make hard choices about what classes they can offer with the limited number of teachers they can attract and afford.
- Board, school officials at odds over French immersion charter startup
- > Apr 20, 6:20 AM: The St. Landry Parish School Board has granted a proposed French immersion charter school in Sunset permission to enroll 30 students for 2018-19, but that number isn’t sufficient to start the program, according to the
- East Baton Rouge School Board extends contract for Inspire Charter Academy
- > Apr 20, 5:52 AM: After a long debate, the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board on Thursday grudgingly extended Inspire Charter Academy’s contract three more years, but suggested it's looking at ways to close the school early if its
- Orleans Parish school district will run McDonogh 35 next year after rejecting applications from outside groups
- > Apr 18, 6:59 AM: The Orleans Parish school district’s plan to hire outside groups to run McDonogh 35 Senior High School is on hold after it rejected the applicants and started looking for an administrator to oversee the school instead.
- Vision Academy gets probationary charter extension
- Apr 18, 5:36 AM: The Board of Elementary and Secondary Education has approved Vision Academy in Monroe for another year of operation, assuming it gets a satisfactory audit.
- Federal suit alleges LPSS staff rigged Schools of Choice lotteries
- Apr 18, 5:06 AM: A federal lawsuit accuses Lafayette Parish School System administrators of manipulating the Schools of Choice lottery and denying some students access to English language services.
- A third of New Orleans students don't get into one of their top 3 schools of choice
- > Apr 17, 5:23 AM: About a third of all students who applied to public schools in New Orleans couldn’t get one of their top choices for the coming school year, officials said Monday. It is the lowest match rate since officials launched a
- LPSS faces federal suit over alleged rigged Schools of Choice lottery
- > Apr 17, 5:21 AM: The suit alleges that the selection was made based on favoritism of "race, color, friendship, relationship by blood or marriage, and even whether the persons were children of members of the employment group of the
- 'Drastic measures' needed if Red River Charter opens
- > Apr 16, 7:25 AM: If Red River Charter Academy (RRCA) is given a green light to open in the 2019-20 school year, it could force the Avoyelles School Board to close and/or reorganize schools, Superintendent Blaine Dauzat told the board this
- Parents frustrated with OneApp school placement system
- > Apr 16, 7:04 AM: Numerous parents are voicing their frustrations after finding out their child did not get into their top 12 schools of choice through the One App school application system. One state representative is now working to
- Einstein Charter to provide yellow bus service beginning next Monday
- > Apr 13, 6:37 AM: The Einstein Charter Schools network beginning April 16 will provide yellow school bus transportation for students in grades pre-kindergarten through 8th grade, according to Einstein officials Thursday (April 12).
- Opinion: Private school voucher students doing poorly
- > Apr 12, 5:46 AM: Under intense pressure to improve test scores, public school performance has reached the point where it is the same as or sometimes better than private schools. This fact, plus the negative results of spending millions of
- Parents at seven Lafayette Parish schools can now apply for transfers
- > Apr 11, 5:24 AM: The Lafayette Parish School System is offering options for families who are zoned for low-rated schools. Under Public School Choice guidelines, parents can apply to have their children attend a higher-rated school in the
- Proponents ready to argue case for new Champaign charter school
- > Apr 9, 5:27 AM: Central to local charter school supporters' proposal is six years' worth of standardized testing data, taken straight from the "report cards" compiled by the Illinois State Board of Education from data provided by each
- Einstein Charter Schools CEO resigns as school district threatens to pull charters
- > Apr 5, 4:39 AM: Einstein Charter Schools chief executive officer Shawn Toranto has stepped down from her position after a decade of leadership at the New Orleans East charter school network. The board members of Einstein Group Inc. voted
- Einstein Charter Schools agrees to bus students after school district threatens to pull charters
- Apr 2, 6:37 AM: After the Orleans Parish school district threatened to revoke the charters for its two elementary schools, the board of Einstein Charter Schools has decided to provide busing for its youngest students.
- Three groups apply to run McDonogh 35 Senior High School
- Mar 29, 6:17 AM: Three groups have expressed interest in the Orleans Parish school district’s two-pronged plan to phase out McDonogh 35 Senior High School as it opens up a new school of the same name in its place.
- Einstein Charter agrees to work with Orleans School Board in busing dispute
- > Mar 27, 5:57 AM: As the Orleans Parish School Board threatens to revoke Einstein Charter Schools' authority to run two New Orleans schools, the board members for the charter organization recently agreed to work with OPSB to resolve their
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- New Orleans CityBusiness 83%
- KATC-TV - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- KNOE-TV - Online 0%
- Bossier Press-Tribune - Online 8%