- Audubon Charter School expanding blended Montessori and French immersion program to Gentilly campus
- Jan 12, 5:53 AM: Unlike the Uptown campuses, Audubon Gentilly’s curriculum will integrate Montessori learning and French language immersion, resulting in a brand new program.
- Einstein parents protest for yellow bus transportation from charter network
- > Jan 10, 6:25 AM: The Orleans Parish School Board filed a lawsuit against Einstein Charter Schools in November after the district claimed the school network violated its charter contract by not providing yellow bus transportation to its
- School district reprimands Einstein Charter Schools for enrolling students outside OneApp
- Jan 4, 6:06 AM: Einstein Charter Schools circumvented the city’s centralized enrollment system this fall by signing up students on its own, which the Orleans Parish School Board says violates its policies.
- The Emerge Center to become a charter school, expand services for autistic children in East Baton Rouge
- > Jan 2, 7:00 AM: The tiny private kindergarten Corey and Avery attended at Emerge is about to undergo a significant transformation and expansion. The private school is closing and in August will reopen as The Emerge School for Autism, a
- Einstein Charter students might be back on city buses in January while lawsuit lingers
- > Dec 21, 7:11 AM: A court case over a dispute between the Orleans Parish School Board and Einstein Charter Schools over the network's decision not to provide free yellow school bus transportation will be heard in January in Orleans Parish
- Lawsuit over bus service for Einstein Charter students gets Loyola law clinic's backing
- > Dec 20, 7:36 AM: The law clinic at Loyola University's College of Law on Monday (Dec. 18) joined six education and youth advocacy organizations in filing an amicus brief supporting the Orleans Parish School Board's lawsuit against Einstein
- Orleans Parish School Board to study long bus rides, early pickups
- > Dec 14, 6:48 AM: Most public schools in New Orleans are charters, open to anyone regardless of where they live. That means some youngsters catch a bus before dawn to trek across the Mississippi River or to the other side of town. The
- State board opts not to renew charters for 3 New Orleans schools: report
- > Dec 14, 6:42 AM: The Board of Elementary and Secondary Education has voted not to renew the charters for three New Orleans schools for next year because their performance scores haven't met standards, according to a report from The Lens.
- Tallulah Charter School's doors could be closed for good
- Dec 13, 8:01 AM: Parents say their children were excelling at the school. The board of elementary and secondary education isn't convinced, which is why it denied its charter renewal.
- OPSB superintendent: 'A Unified Path Forward' will give students strong boost needed as Recovery schools return
- > Dec 12, 6:58 AM: This coming July marks the beginning of a new era for public schools in New Orleans. For the first time since Katrina, all Recovery School District schools will be back under the oversight of the locally elected Orleans
- BESE to close failing Tallulah Charter School
- > Dec 12, 6:51 AM: The Board of Elementary and Secondary Education committee voted Monday to close Tallulah Charter School. The School Innovation and Turnaround Committee will allow Northeast Claiborne Charter in Junction City to complete
- Should high-performing schools be awarded renewal of their charters for a full 10 years?
- > Dec 11, 6:53 AM: The Orleans Parish School Board is reconsidering whether to allow high-performing schools to renew their charters for a full 10-year term, but some like Lusher Charter School say the longer term is needed to plan for
- Study says charter schools don’t have incentives to offer pre-kindergarten programs
- Dec 8, 7:31 AM: The number of pre-kindergarten seats in New Orleans has dropped substantially since Hurricane Katrina, and researchers think it’s connected to the shift to independent charter schools.
- One-stop shop: 14 Baton Rouge charter schools agree to common application process
- Dec 6, 7:03 AM: Families shopping for a school in Baton Rouge have a new tool: a web portal where they can apply to as many as 14 independent charter schools in the Capital City.
- Orleans School Board sues Einstein Charter over transportation challenges
- > Dec 6, 6:36 AM: The embattled Einstein Charter Schools network faces litigation in Orleans Parish Civil District Court after the parish School Board last week accused Einstein of failing to provide "appropriate transportation services" to
- Report: Inequities persist for low-income black students in New Orleans public schools
- > Dec 5, 7:24 AM: Black and low-income students in New Orleans public school are more likely to be taught by rookie teachers than are their white, higher-income peers, according to a report released Monday by the Urban League of Louisiana.
- Orleans Parish School Board sues Einstein Charter Schools in busing dispute
- Dec 5, 6:43 AM: The Orleans Parish School Board has sued Einstein Charter Schools, arguing that the charter group is violating the school district's policy by refusing to provide busing for elementary school students.
- IDEA announces out-of-state leaders at its two Baton Rouge charter schools opening in August
- > Dec 4, 6:25 AM: A Texas-based charter school group has announced that educators from other states will serve as leaders at the two schools the organization is opening in Baton Rouge next year, one in north Baton Rouge, the other in south
- Busing dispute at Einstein schools is headed to court
- Dec 1, 6:54 AM: The Orleans Parish School Board has sued Einstein Charter Schools, arguing the charter group is violating district policy by refusing to provide busing for elementary students.
- 'Unacceptable,' 'disappointing': Officials, advocates weigh in on N.O. school scores
- Nov 29, 6:55 AM: School officials and advocates have not minced words about what needs to be done to improve public schools following the district's drop to a C-rating in the state's performance scores for 2017.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- New Orleans CityBusiness 83%
- KATC-TV - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- KNOE-TV - Online 0%
- Bossier Press-Tribune - Online 8%