- Einstein Charter Schools Deemed Noncompliant For Providing Inadequate Transportation
- > Sep 22, 6:40 AM: Einstein Charter Schools are in trouble for failing to provide adequate transportation to their students. WWNO has obtained a notice of noncompliance sent from the Orleans Parish School Board (OPSB) to Einstein Charter
- Report: Traditional public school teachers absent more than those in charter schools
- Sep 20, 5:50 AM: Louisiana teachers in traditional public schools are nearly three times more likely to be chronically absent than charter school teachers, according to a national study released Tuesday.
- Red River Charter will bus supporters to BESE meeting
- > Sep 13, 6:58 AM: It will be a different kind of “school bus” for a “different kind of school” when Red River Charter Academy supporters travel by bus to attend the state Board of Elementary & Secondary Education meeting on Oct. 17. For the
- State Supreme Court Looks at Constitutionality of Charter Funding
- Sep 6, 5:58 AM: The Louisiana Supreme Court heard arguments Tuesday on the constitutionality of funding Type-2 charter schools through the MFP.
- La. charter school suit heads to Supreme Court Tuesday
- Sep 5, 5:54 AM: The Louisiana Supreme Court is set to hear arguments Tuesday that could affect the future of several of the state’s charter schools.
- First NBC collapse, new law shake up how Louisiana's private school choice program is funded
- > Sep 5, 4:28 AM: The Tuition Donation Rebate program is the lesser known sister to the state’s much larger private school voucher program. While both were approved by the Legislature in 2012, lawmakers recently reworked the rebate program,
- Start Of School Year Brings More Schools Under Local Control
- > Aug 22, 4:53 AM: Summer break is over. This month, kids across New Orleans are trading swimsuits and morning cartoons for fresh notebooks and unsharpened pencils. For nine schools that used to be in the state's Recovery School District,
- La. Supreme Court to hear charter school funding suit Sept. 5
- > Aug 15, 6:47 AM: Avoyelles Parish, and those who want the state to end the funding of competing public schools within a public school district, may be one step closer to getting their wish soon. The Louisiana Supreme Court is scheduled to
- 2 New Orleans charter schools walk a progressive path
- > Aug 8, 7:33 AM: Two New Orleans charter schools are wrestling with how to become more educationally progressive, and how to be as deeply politically progressive as they want. One started by valuing diversity; the other focused just on
- Students, parents plan to stick with Excellence Academy despite its closure
- > Aug 8, 6:39 AM: Members of the Monroe City School Board said the main reason for shutting down the school was the school's overall grade. They said Excellence Academy has a 'D' average. Davis said his daughter isn't proof of that.
- Friendship Capitol High School begins offering early college option
- > Aug 7, 7:00 AM: The Baton Rouge charter school, located at 1,000 N 23rd St., is partnering up with Wiley College, a historically black private college in Marshall, Texas., to start a new early college academy. Starting this school year
- More Louisiana families are home-schooling
- > Aug 4, 5:52 AM: According to figures from the state department of education, there are as many as 26,000 students being instructed at home. Another 4,000-plus online charter school students are being educated virtually at home rather than
- Excellence Academy court battle rolls into another week
- > Jul 28, 7:15 AM: A battle to keep a Monroe charter school open will roll into another week, closer to the upcoming school year. Only five out of 13 proposed witnesses were questioned on the stand before court convened on Thursday.
- BASIS Connives to Maintain Its Elite Charter School Status in Baton Rouge
- > Jul 26, 6:09 AM: Arizona has no restrictions on the makeup of a charter school's student body, so if a school happens to attract lots of upper income families, that's fine. Not so in Louisiana. If a school district is the chartering agent,
- Charter school lawsuit will be argued Sept. 5 at Louisiana Supreme Court
- Jul 24, 5:58 AM: A case affecting funding for more than 30 Louisiana charter schools is set for arguments Sept. 5 before the state Supreme Court.
- BASIS charter school gets provisional contract nod; East Baton Rouge Schools Superintendent Drake reorganizes top staff
- Jul 21, 6:36 AM: Scottsdale, Arizona-based BASIS Schools won a provisional operating contract Thursday that will allow it open for students in 2018 and is hoping to finalize the document no later than July 31.
- New charter school opens in Lafayette with non-traditional scheduling
- Jul 20, 6:26 AM: A charter school with over 400 students in the New Orleans area is expanding with a new school in Lafayette. JCFA is located at 1501 Ambassador Caffery Parkway.
- GEO Prep readies second Baton Rouge school, taking over charter on verge of closing
- > Jul 20, 5:54 AM: Since taking over in April, Douglas has replaced almost all of the teachers and instituted a far different curriculum. The 60-plus member faculty reported to work Monday for two weeks of all-day training. About 640
- K-12 charter school at Woman's Hospital gets East Baton Rouge Planning Commission nod
- > Jul 18, 6:40 AM: At the time, some complained the charter school would do little to serve low-income families, in part because the hospital is entering into a corporate sponsorship, so children of hospital staff would get the first shot at
- Barksdale families have school of choice for kids of all ages
- Jul 14, 5:28 AM: Starting with the 2017-18 academic year, they will be able to send their children to any Bossier School District campus, not just the ones in their attendance zone.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- New Orleans CityBusiness 83%
- KATC-TV - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- KNOE-TV - Online 0%
- Bossier Press-Tribune - Online 8%