- South Bend schools explore public-private partnerships to attract more students, funding
- > Oct 15, 5:41 AM: The South Bend Board of Trustees say the school corporation is going to have to get creative and explore all revenue opportunities available — including the launch of an innovation network — to avoid drastic cuts in
- New IPS superintendent looks toward successes, tough decisions over the next 5 years
- > Oct 10, 5:20 AM: Though some recent applications from charter operators looking to join the network were denied by the board, the strategy and the larger idea of school choice is now an established and engrained part of IPS.
- South Bend charter school may take over two shuttered city school buildings
- Oct 1, 6:18 AM: The South Bend Career Academy, citing a growing demand for its charter schools, has notified the city school district that it wants to lease or buy two buildings the district shuttered two years ago.
- Teresa Lubbers: Answer to equity in education
- > Sep 30, 7:01 AM: Educational equity means that a person’s life circumstances or obstacles shouldn’t dictate their opportunity to succeed. With that ideal in mind, the Indiana Commission for Higher Education passed a resolution in 2013 to
- Eastside Church Becomes Home To Rooted Charter High School, Maybe A Middle School Too
- Sep 27, 7:29 AM: An Eastside church will be the home for a new secular public charter high school and possibly a future middle school as part of a collaboration with education reform group The Mind Trust.
- Hidden dropouts: How Indiana schools can write off struggling students as home-schoolers
- > Sep 25, 6:41 AM: A Chalkbeat analysis of Indiana Department of Education data found that of the roughly 3,700 Indiana high school students in the class of 2018 officially recorded as leaving to home-school, more than half were concentrated
- 'Finally, I could have it.' Indy Achieves grants give students financial aid boost to reach graduation
- > Sep 20, 7:07 AM: Mayor Joe Hogsett announced the Indy Achieves initiative in 2018 with an ambitious goal: improve the lives of 95,000 Marion County residents over five years through scholarships, grants and support services designed to
- College Equity Report shows growing gaps among minorities, success among 21st Century Scholars
- Sep 18, 6:39 AM: The Indiana Commission for Higher Education's 2019 Indiana College Equity Report, released last month, shows Indiana learners are more diverse, but also more economically challenged, than a decade ago.
- West Lafayette schools sue Indiana, call $1 charter law an unconstitutional ‘land grab’
- > Sep 13, 5:43 AM: West Lafayette schools, defending against any effort to takeover the former Happy Hollow Elementary, filed a lawsuit Thursday, is challenging the constitutionality of a 2011 state law that says public school districts must
- Op-ed: Educational training beyond high school is imperative for Hoosiers
- Sep 9, 6:49 AM: We must act with urgency to help our students graduate with the practical ability to apply what they’ve learned in school to their futures.
- Column: ILEARN debacle gives Indiana chance for a fresh start
- > Sep 6, 6:24 AM: Problems also can be opportunities. Such may be the case with the disaster that is the first year of Indiana’s ILEARN standardized testing system. The scope of that disaster became clear Wednesday. More than 60 percent of
- Online school helps some Indianapolis students feel safe and independent
- > Sep 4, 7:02 AM: There isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to online learning. It’s not a good fit for every family, but for the families that it is, there are many options, especially in Indiana. One of those options is
- Survey results show low ratings with student-teacher relationships, teacher feedback in South Bend schools
- > Aug 28, 6:21 AM: Results from a state-mandated climate and culture survey show that South Bend secondary students who participated feel detached when it comes to relationships with their teachers and teachers who took part feel they need
- Daleville Votes To Close 2 Virtual Charter Schools In Enrollment Scandal
- Aug 27, 6:38 AM: The oversight board of two virtual charter schools at the center of an enrollment inflation scandal and a federal investigation voted Monday to close both schools.
- After Virtual Charter Trouble, More Districts Offering Virtual Schools, Programs
- > Aug 26, 6:46 AM: Two virtual charter schools on the brink of collapse have spotlighted challenges in statewide virtual education in Indiana, and now some school districts are creating virtual schools and programs to better serve their
- Charter schools targeted for closure seek more money from Daleville Schools
- > Aug 21, 7:20 AM: The two online charter schools facing closure next month are now asking for more money. A lawyer for Indiana Virtual School and Pathways Academy" is asking their sponsor, the Daleville school board, for $50,000.
- Virtual Charter Schools Say Allegations Of Enrollment Inflation Are False
- > Aug 20, 7:27 AM: The attorney for two virtual charter schools alleged to inflate student enrollment and received millions of dollars in overpayments from the state, says new evidence will prove the schools did nothing wrong.
- UIndy partnership prepares talent pipeline for careers at Roche Diagnostics
- Aug 16, 7:57 AM: A new partnership with the University of Indianapolis is creating a custom talent pipeline of biomedical equipment technicians for Roche Diagnostics through the newly-created Roche Academy.
- House Democrats urge study of controversial virtual schools
- > Aug 13, 6:46 AM: Lawmakers from parties in the Indiana House and Senate voted unanimously in the last legislative session to study the cost and benefits of the state’s troubled virtual schools in a summer study committee.
- Editorial: Vigo’s virtual school can serve as model of success
- Aug 12, 5:43 AM: The Vigo Virtual Success Academy holds structural advantages over other online-based Hoosier schools, whose troubles made headlines this summer.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Banner Graphic - Online 100%
- Evansville Courier & Press 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Kokomo Perspective - Online 17%
- Daily Journal - Online / Associated Press 17%