- Controversial scholarship bill is dead for the session
- > Mar 14, 4:58 AM: The Senate Education Committee will not hold a hearing on a controversial private school scholarship bill, effectively killing the proposal for the year, the bill’s sponsor and the leaders of three education groups said
- The Idaho legislature is advancing a private school scholarship bill
- Mar 7, 6:47 AM: Magic Valley school leaders are divided on a proposal moving through the Idaho legislature to create a scholarship fund to help some families pay for private school tuition.
- Flurry Of Education Bills Wind Through Idaho Legislature
- > Mar 5, 7:03 AM: The House passed a bill to create a new administrator’s certificate for charter school leaders. Midvale Republican Rep. Judy Boyle is pushing House Bill 566, which she said is intended to foster innovation and
- House Education approves private school scholarship bill
- Mar 1, 6:35 AM: With Chairwoman Julie VanOrden controlling the swing vote, the House Education Committee voted to advance a private school scholarship bill Wednesday.
- Dept. of Education works to blur the lines between high school and college
- Mar 1, 6:17 AM: Last week the Idaho Department of Education, in concert with the State Board of Education, hosted a Student Readiness Symposium at the College of Western Idaho.
- Private school scholarship bill draws large crowd
- Feb 26, 6:46 AM: More than 100 people packed the Statehouse Friday morning for a hearing on a private school scholarship bill, forcing officials to open a second committee room to accommodate the overflow.
- 4 charter schools will open in Valley this fall. Is one of them right for your child?
- > Feb 19, 6:40 AM: Henning is the executive director and guiding spirit behind Peace Valley Charter, one of six new charter campuses set to open in Idaho this fall in a spurt of charter school creation not seen in more than a decade. Four of
- House Education introduces new private school scholarship bill
- Feb 15, 7:40 AM: The House Education Committee voted Wednesday to introduce a bill that would create new scholarships students could use to pursue an education outside the public school system.
- Students reject online classes, split schedules as solution for overcrowded classrooms
- Feb 8, 7:15 AM: High school students in Sioux Falls would rather see new buildings than creative scheduling or online classes as a solution to overcrowded classrooms.
- Minidoka County School District Board approves new charter school
- Jan 29, 6:50 AM: The Minidoka County School District Board approved a new charter school called the Advanced Regional Technical Education Coalition Industrial, or ARTEC-I.
- Why do parents choose charter schools? 3 families share their experiences
- > Jan 26, 8:02 AM: Whether it’s smaller class sizes, the opportunity to play an instrument in a school orchestra or the chance to learn outdoors, parents have many reasons for choosing a charter school for their children.
- Parents vent about school-of-choice elimination at school board meeting
- Jan 24, 6:57 AM: At least 100 people attended the meeting to provide feedback to the board regarding the proposed boundary changes and the board's recent decision to end its 20-plus-year school-of-choice policy.
- District 25 eliminates school-of-choice policy, tables changes to boundaries
- Jan 18, 8:03 AM: Rather than giving students an option, all incoming high school students — starting next year — must attend the school that corresponds to the boundary where their primary residence is located.
- ‘Virtual High School’ is an option of Idaho students
- Jan 17, 6:57 AM: The Boise-based charter school is one of six accredited public online schools in the state. In 2016, around 4,500 students attended virtual schools, according to the Idaho Public Charter School Commission.
- ‘Packed into this space’: Xavier Charter School eyes future school expansion
- > Dec 12, 6:22 AM: The current building — which houses 708 kindergarten through 12th graders — is overcrowded. There’s a huge waiting list of 287 children. There isn’t enough classroom space and the building wasn’t designed to accommodate
- Pocatello-Chubbuck patrons push back at prospect of nixing 'school of choice' policy
- Dec 6, 6:25 AM: The Pocatello-Chubbuck School District is facing blowback from patrons over the prospect of nixing its “school of choice” policy and carving up new mandatory boundaries for high schoolers.
- Pathways In Education provides alternative education to struggling Nampa students
- Nov 27, 7:21 AM: Pathways In Education Charter School opened in August and offers a unique form of education in the Nampa School District, English teacher Carrie Cook said.
- Idaho continues to face teacher shortage
- Nov 22, 7:43 AM: Many feel Idaho's teacher shortage isn't getting any better, and in a number of school districts the applicant pool is shrinking.
- Committee recommends termination of D-25 school of choice policy
- Nov 16, 6:16 AM: It’s now up to the Pocatello/Chubbuck School District’s Board of Trustees to determine if eighth-grade graduates can choose what high school to attend regardless of where they live.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Coeur D'Alene Press - Online 78%
- Bonner County Daily Bee 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Times-News - Online / Associated Press 17%
- Morning News - Online, The 33%