- Idaho lawmakers seek public input on school funding formula
- > Oct 11, 6:31 AM: The current formula does not accurately conform to the 2016 classroom — where students are more mobile and classes are delivered on high-tech platforms. With 115 school districts in Idaho and 47 charter schools, finding
- Board mulls school options
- > Sep 21, 5:25 AM: Board members tossed around the pros and cons of opening a magnet school. The pros included providing a great education for kids, pulling kids from all over the district and the fact that other magnet schools in the
- Nampa receives, accepts charter petition
- > Sep 19, 6:48 AM: The Nampa school district’s Board of Trustees has unanimously approved accepting a new charter school petition. By accepting the petition to charter for Pathways Charter School, the Board of Trustees has agreed to consider
- IACS cuts ribbon for new school
- Aug 30, 6:42 AM: With big red scissors in their hands, executive director Jackie Collins and Idaho Arts Charter School trustees cut the bright red ribbon in front of the new school doors Monday afternoon.
- Students miss school waiting for scholarship answers
- Aug 29, 6:03 AM: Students whose families pinned private school hopes on a new state-subsidized scholarship fund missed the first week of school while waiting for answers.
- New Idaho plan replaces No Child Left Behind
- > Aug 23, 7:35 AM: The biggest change under the new plan: There won’t be a rating system for schools. State education officials don’t want to take “lots of bits and pieces” from different indicators to come up with a one-time score,
- Pathways to success. Idaho Virtual Academy provides online alternative for local students.
- > Aug 12, 6:36 AM: Confronted with crowded school hallways, huge class sizes and worries over student behaviors, Rebecca Klaeui knew there had to be a better way to get her kids the education she wanted them to have. She found it in the
- Parents want to start classical charter school
- > Aug 10, 6:26 AM: The school, Treasure Valley Classical Academy, will be based on the classical education model, designed to teach children how to teach themselves through developing a student’s judgments, another parent, Marv Lasnick
- District mulls options for Hayden Lake Magnet School
- > Aug 9, 6:08 AM: The Coeur d'Alene School District and Board of Trustees called for proposals for the new school from staff, parents and community members this spring. After going through all the proposals, the district narrowed them down
- New charter school finds permanent home
- Jul 21, 7:17 AM: The Idaho Falls Planning and Zoning Commission held a public hearing Tuesday night to hear concerns regarding the possibility of a new charter school leasing the O. E. Bell building.
- Pathways Charter School looking to open in Nampa
- > Jul 20, 6:25 AM: Peterson said Pathways Charter School would be a good choice for Nampa because it targets students who have dropped out or are about to drop out of school, which is a group of students that the school district is
- New charter considering withdrawing petition from Caldwell
- > Jul 8, 6:38 AM: Pathways in Education is looking to withdraw its petition from the Caldwell school board to establish a charter school in Caldwell. It is looking to file with the Idaho Public Charter School Commission, but still intends
- Boise charter school in turbulent financial waters
- Jun 28, 5:38 AM: The Village Charter School, which opened in 2011 in Boise, could struggle to keep its doors open through next year because of financial problems, says the Idaho Public Charter School Commission.
- Most teachers receive high marks in error-filled evaluation data
- > Jun 24, 6:28 AM: More than 91 percent of Idaho’s teachers received high performance marks on their evaluations during the most recent school year, according to a State Department of Education report released Thursday.
- New charter school looking for a permanent home
- > Jun 23, 5:10 AM: A new charter school is in the works. Alturas International Academy has made its way out of a basement in downtown Idaho Falls to a temporary location while details pertaining to a potential lease are worked out.
- State places three charter schools on financial notice
- Jun 22, 6:55 AM: Three Idaho charter schools run the risk of a midyear financial collapse, and are on notice with the state.
- Charter group worried about Syringa funds
- > Jun 16, 7:26 AM: The financial struggles of the Syringa Mountain School in Hailey have caught the attention of the Idaho Charter Commission, which holds the public Waldorf-method school’s charter. The school’s financial status concerned
- Nampa district approves innovation schools
- Jun 16, 7:04 AM: Though still in their infancy for the state of Idaho — and not without their controversy — innovation schools are coming to Nampa.
- Charter school could make historic Idaho Falls building home
- Jun 13, 7:15 AM: A charter school called Alturas International Academy has proposed to open its doors in 2017 in the O.E. Bell building, a former junior high school built that opened in 1927 near downtown Idaho Falls.
- Hailey Charter School ‘s Finances ‘Extremely Perilous,’ State Commission Says
Syringa Mountain School in Hailey is in an “extremely perilous” financial situation, its state charter authorizer says. The Idaho Public Charter School Commission decided Thursday to issue a letter of fiscal concern for >
Jun 10, 7:09 AM:
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Coeur D'Alene Press - Online 78%
- Bonner County Daily Bee 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Times-News - Online / Associated Press 17%
- Morning News - Online, The 33%