- New charter considering withdrawing petition from Caldwell
- > Jul 8, 6:38 AM: Pathways in Education is looking to withdraw its petition from the Caldwell school board to establish a charter school in Caldwell. It is looking to file with the Idaho Public Charter School Commission, but still intends
- Boise charter school in turbulent financial waters
- Jun 28, 5:38 AM: The Village Charter School, which opened in 2011 in Boise, could struggle to keep its doors open through next year because of financial problems, says the Idaho Public Charter School Commission.
- Most teachers receive high marks in error-filled evaluation data
- > Jun 24, 6:28 AM: More than 91 percent of Idaho’s teachers received high performance marks on their evaluations during the most recent school year, according to a State Department of Education report released Thursday.
- New charter school looking for a permanent home
- > Jun 23, 5:10 AM: A new charter school is in the works. Alturas International Academy has made its way out of a basement in downtown Idaho Falls to a temporary location while details pertaining to a potential lease are worked out.
- State places three charter schools on financial notice
- Jun 22, 6:55 AM: Three Idaho charter schools run the risk of a midyear financial collapse, and are on notice with the state.
- Charter group worried about Syringa funds
- > Jun 16, 7:26 AM: The financial struggles of the Syringa Mountain School in Hailey have caught the attention of the Idaho Charter Commission, which holds the public Waldorf-method school’s charter. The school’s financial status concerned
- Nampa district approves innovation schools
- Jun 16, 7:04 AM: Though still in their infancy for the state of Idaho — and not without their controversy — innovation schools are coming to Nampa.
- Charter school could make historic Idaho Falls building home
- Jun 13, 7:15 AM: A charter school called Alturas International Academy has proposed to open its doors in 2017 in the O.E. Bell building, a former junior high school built that opened in 1927 near downtown Idaho Falls.
- Hailey Charter School ‘s Finances ‘Extremely Perilous,’ State Commission Says
Syringa Mountain School in Hailey is in an “extremely perilous” financial situation, its state charter authorizer says. The Idaho Public Charter School Commission decided Thursday to issue a letter of fiscal concern for >
Jun 10, 7:09 AM:
- Failed Idaho charter schools received $2.3 million in federal grants
- Jun 3, 5:35 AM: Over several years, more than $2.3 million in federal grants went to Idaho charter schools that later closed their doors.
- Syringa responds to district decision
- > May 19, 6:56 AM: Syringa Mountain School in Hailey is asking the Blaine County School District board of trustees to reconsider starting a dialogue with the charter school about possible collaboration under the new Innovation School Act
- Blaine School Board Denies ‘Innovation School’ Request
- May 12, 5:37 AM: Blaine County school trustees voted 3-2 Tuesday night to deny Syringa Mountain School’s request to become an “innovation school.
- Caldwell officials should question proposed school
- > May 4, 6:21 AM: Just how much difference would there be between the current alternative high school in Caldwell and a proposed charter school, and is there really enough student demand for both in a town with a population of just over
- 3 Local Schools to try New Education Model
- Apr 26, 6:27 AM: Three south-central Idaho schools will try out a new way of learning — a model where students move between lessons and grade levels at their own pace known as mastery-based education.
- Virtual high school helps prepare students for careers, college
- > Apr 25, 6:25 AM: The accredited virtual high school has a career and technical education focus and offers courses in business, web design, health care and automated manufacturing along with its regular curriculum. Those classes can help
- Hailey School Pushes Forward with 'Innovation School' Efforts
- > Apr 21, 6:46 AM: To become an innovation school, Syringa — a public charter school in Hailey — must have a written agreement with its charter authorizer. That’s the Idaho Public Charter School Commission. But Syringa wants to be overseen
- Syringa Mountain School pursues partnership with Blaine County School District
- Apr 20, 6:45 AM: On the heels of a new education bill recently signed by the Idaho Governor, Syringa Mountain School is continuing its pursuit to become part of the Blaine County School District.
- Caldwell board considers new charter school
- Apr 12, 6:39 AM: The Caldwell School District board of trustees has received an application for a new charter school to be housed in the district.
- Syringa seeks ‘innovative school’ status
- > Apr 8, 6:47 AM: Under a new state law, the Syringa Mountain School in Hailey could be designated an “innovation school,” becoming part of the Blaine County School District and sharing its funding in the process—but first an agreement must
- Syringa Mountain School Wants to be ‘Innovation School’
- > Apr 7, 6:29 AM: Syringa Mountain School, a public charter school in Hailey, wants to become an “innovation school” under new state legislation. The Local Innovation School Act allows schools and districts flexibility from laws and
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Coeur D'Alene Press - Online 78%
- Bonner County Daily Bee 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Times-News - Online / Associated Press 17%
- Morning News - Online, The 33%