- Charter school could make historic Idaho Falls building home
- Jun 13, 7:15 AM: A charter school called Alturas International Academy has proposed to open its doors in 2017 in the O.E. Bell building, a former junior high school built that opened in 1927 near downtown Idaho Falls.
- Hailey Charter School ‘s Finances ‘Extremely Perilous,’ State Commission Says
Syringa Mountain School in Hailey is in an “extremely perilous” financial situation, its state charter authorizer says. The Idaho Public Charter School Commission decided Thursday to issue a letter of fiscal concern for >
Jun 10, 7:09 AM:
- Failed Idaho charter schools received $2.3 million in federal grants
- Jun 3, 5:35 AM: Over several years, more than $2.3 million in federal grants went to Idaho charter schools that later closed their doors.
- Syringa responds to district decision
- > May 19, 6:56 AM: Syringa Mountain School in Hailey is asking the Blaine County School District board of trustees to reconsider starting a dialogue with the charter school about possible collaboration under the new Innovation School Act
- Blaine School Board Denies ‘Innovation School’ Request
- May 12, 5:37 AM: Blaine County school trustees voted 3-2 Tuesday night to deny Syringa Mountain School’s request to become an “innovation school.
- Caldwell officials should question proposed school
- > May 4, 6:21 AM: Just how much difference would there be between the current alternative high school in Caldwell and a proposed charter school, and is there really enough student demand for both in a town with a population of just over
- 3 Local Schools to try New Education Model
- Apr 26, 6:27 AM: Three south-central Idaho schools will try out a new way of learning — a model where students move between lessons and grade levels at their own pace known as mastery-based education.
- Virtual high school helps prepare students for careers, college
- > Apr 25, 6:25 AM: The accredited virtual high school has a career and technical education focus and offers courses in business, web design, health care and automated manufacturing along with its regular curriculum. Those classes can help
- Hailey School Pushes Forward with 'Innovation School' Efforts
- > Apr 21, 6:46 AM: To become an innovation school, Syringa — a public charter school in Hailey — must have a written agreement with its charter authorizer. That’s the Idaho Public Charter School Commission. But Syringa wants to be overseen
- Syringa Mountain School pursues partnership with Blaine County School District
- Apr 20, 6:45 AM: On the heels of a new education bill recently signed by the Idaho Governor, Syringa Mountain School is continuing its pursuit to become part of the Blaine County School District.
- Caldwell board considers new charter school
- Apr 12, 6:39 AM: The Caldwell School District board of trustees has received an application for a new charter school to be housed in the district.
- Syringa seeks ‘innovative school’ status
- > Apr 8, 6:47 AM: Under a new state law, the Syringa Mountain School in Hailey could be designated an “innovation school,” becoming part of the Blaine County School District and sharing its funding in the process—but first an agreement must
- Syringa Mountain School Wants to be ‘Innovation School’
- > Apr 7, 6:29 AM: Syringa Mountain School, a public charter school in Hailey, wants to become an “innovation school” under new state legislation. The Local Innovation School Act allows schools and districts flexibility from laws and
- Blaine Amendment bill stalled
- > Mar 18, 5:33 AM: Rep. Ron Nate’s effort get a constitutional amendment that could pave the way for vouchers at religious schools has stalled for the year, but he says he’ll keep fighting until it gets on the ballot.
- Charters face funding challenges for building new schools
- > Mar 17, 6:58 AM: With a growing wait list, White Pine Charter School, an Ammon K-8, is at capacity for many of its grades. Saturated with 460 students among its classrooms and hallways, however, there may be an expansion in its future.
- Boise School Board Accuses Albertson Foundation Of Undermining Public Schools
- > Feb 25, 8:05 AM: The Boise School Board and the district’s superintendent have come out with some sharp criticism of the J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Family Foundation. The rebuke comes in the form of an op-ed related to how the foundation
- Idaho Senate backs contentious charter school contract bill
- Feb 23, 7:08 AM: Charter schools would no longer be required to use the same teacher contracts as other public schools under a bill that has cleared the Idaho Senate.
- Area charter schools flex their educational muscles
- > Feb 23, 7:07 AM: School officials at North Idaho STEM Charter Academy in Rathdrum announced Monday that the school has been selected to participate in a NASA mission, while over the weekend, a team of Coeur d’Alene Charter Academy students
- Idaho Senate Panel Clears New Rules for Charter Teacher Contracts
- Feb 11, 7:17 AM: A Senate panel has passed a bill to remove the requirement that charter schools need to use the same teacher contracts as other public schools.
- Charter teacher contract bill passes committee
- Feb 10, 7:17 AM: Voting along party lines, the Senate Education Committee approved a bill Tuesday afternoon designed to give charter schools added flexibility in teacher contracts.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Coeur D'Alene Press - Online 78%
- Bonner County Daily Bee 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Times-News - Online / Associated Press 17%
- Morning News - Online, The 33%