- Confusion abounds in wake of teacher evaluations review
- Dec 23, 7:31 AM: Confusion and widely varying interpretations of rules and procedures continue to plague teacher evaluations, in the weeks following publication of a controversial review of that data.
- Pathways charter school to open in Nampa
- Dec 21, 7:10 AM: Under plans approved by trustees, Pathways in Education — Nampa will operate as a public charter high school for grades nine through 12.
- Worry ‘overblown’ about teacher reviews, State Board says
- Dec 16, 7:50 AM: Idaho’s flap over the quality of its public school teacher evaluations is “overblown,” Emma Atchley, State Board of Education president said Thursday.
- New Nampa charter school focuses on struggling students
- > Dec 16, 6:04 AM: Nampa School District has given approval for a new charter school to open in its district in July. Pathways in Education, a national network of non-profit schools, also has schools in Chicago, Shreveport, Memphis and
- State Ed Board to address teacher evaluations, Ybarra calls on districts to ‘stand tall’
- > Dec 9, 7:24 AM: Fallout is continuing from the Idaho EdNews report earlier this week that a previously unreleased audit of Idaho teacher evaluations – which the state received in July – found 99 percent were inaccurate or incomplete.
- East Idaho teacher 'jumped off a cliff' to start her own school
- > Nov 23, 7:40 AM: But after a clash with her school’s more traditional K-12 bent and a shift towards a new learning model, Ball decided to take her methods elsewhere. And word spread. Within a year, her homeschool at the courthouse had
- K-12 enrollment tops a milestone: 300000 and counting
- > Nov 1, 6:04 AM: Five districts and two charter schools account for more than half of the state’s enrollment growth. And all of these districts and charters sit in or near Idaho’s urban areas: the West Ada, Boise, Bonneville, Vallivue and
- Charter schools get a boost in payments for buildings
- > Oct 13, 6:05 AM: Xavier received more than $194,000 from the state in 2015-16, money earmarked to help charter schools cover building needs. With expansion on hold, at least for the time being, Xavier uses its money to meet the everyday
- Vision Charter School breaks ground for expansion
- > Oct 12, 4:58 AM: Public charter schools in Idaho do not have access to the same bond or levy funding that district public schools rely on to build, remodel or expand their buildings. Instead, charters must rely on the private sector and
- Idaho lawmakers seek public input on school funding formula
- > Oct 11, 6:31 AM: The current formula does not accurately conform to the 2016 classroom — where students are more mobile and classes are delivered on high-tech platforms. With 115 school districts in Idaho and 47 charter schools, finding
- Board mulls school options
- > Sep 21, 5:25 AM: Board members tossed around the pros and cons of opening a magnet school. The pros included providing a great education for kids, pulling kids from all over the district and the fact that other magnet schools in the
- Nampa receives, accepts charter petition
- > Sep 19, 6:48 AM: The Nampa school district’s Board of Trustees has unanimously approved accepting a new charter school petition. By accepting the petition to charter for Pathways Charter School, the Board of Trustees has agreed to consider
- IACS cuts ribbon for new school
- Aug 30, 6:42 AM: With big red scissors in their hands, executive director Jackie Collins and Idaho Arts Charter School trustees cut the bright red ribbon in front of the new school doors Monday afternoon.
- Students miss school waiting for scholarship answers
- Aug 29, 6:03 AM: Students whose families pinned private school hopes on a new state-subsidized scholarship fund missed the first week of school while waiting for answers.
- New Idaho plan replaces No Child Left Behind
- > Aug 23, 7:35 AM: The biggest change under the new plan: There won’t be a rating system for schools. State education officials don’t want to take “lots of bits and pieces” from different indicators to come up with a one-time score,
- Pathways to success. Idaho Virtual Academy provides online alternative for local students.
- > Aug 12, 6:36 AM: Confronted with crowded school hallways, huge class sizes and worries over student behaviors, Rebecca Klaeui knew there had to be a better way to get her kids the education she wanted them to have. She found it in the
- Parents want to start classical charter school
- > Aug 10, 6:26 AM: The school, Treasure Valley Classical Academy, will be based on the classical education model, designed to teach children how to teach themselves through developing a student’s judgments, another parent, Marv Lasnick
- District mulls options for Hayden Lake Magnet School
- > Aug 9, 6:08 AM: The Coeur d'Alene School District and Board of Trustees called for proposals for the new school from staff, parents and community members this spring. After going through all the proposals, the district narrowed them down
- New charter school finds permanent home
- Jul 21, 7:17 AM: The Idaho Falls Planning and Zoning Commission held a public hearing Tuesday night to hear concerns regarding the possibility of a new charter school leasing the O. E. Bell building.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Coeur D'Alene Press - Online 78%
- Bonner County Daily Bee 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Times-News - Online / Associated Press 17%
- Morning News - Online, The 33%