- Local schools top state SAT rankings
- > Jul 18, 6:31 AM: The state’s top two public schools, by average composite SAT scores, reside right here. Coeur d’Alene Charter Academy dominated the competition with an average composite SAT score of 1291, while North Idaho STEM Charter
- Letter to the Editor: Idaho Virtual Academy
- > Jul 18, 5:34 AM: Online school allowed me time to give back to my community, as I was able to volunteer with hospice patients. In addition, I earned college credits throughout high school through dual enrollment with a local college.
- Charter school request clears Middleton Planning and Zoning
- > Jul 16, 6:24 AM: The school is meant to be a replica of Sage International School in Boise, said Patrick Connor with Building Hope, the nonprofit that’s financing the project. The school expects to receive its charter through the Idaho
- Idaho's SAT struggles — in East Idaho districts and charters
- > Jun 28, 5:16 AM: Eighteen of East Idaho’s 28 school districts and charter schools lost ground compared to last year on the state’s key college placement exam, State Department of Education data show. Average scores throughout the rest of
- Commentary: My desire is to focus on rural education
- > Jun 27, 5:52 AM: Three years later, at the conclusion of my traditional teacher prep program and capstone student teaching experience, I faced a crossroads. I could continue teaching close to home in a Utah school district I loved, or take
- Charter school for at-risk kids to open in Caldwell
- Jun 21, 4:39 AM: Elevate Academy will focus on providing career-technical courses for at-risk students in Caldwell and neighboring communities. The goal is to bridge the gap between education and the work force.
- FIELDS program gives Shoshone Bannock High School students options
- > May 18, 5:15 AM: But now the foundation for indigenous education, leadership development, and sustainability, or fields program, has partnered with the high school, allowing them to get a better understanding of their options after high
- Letter: Virtual charter schools fill needs
- > May 16, 6:23 AM: The Idaho Coalition of Charter School Families firmly believes that there are two basic principles in what makes charter schools a quality option: choice and opportunity. Parental choice has been a longstanding value for
- For-profit partnerships fuel oversight concerns at virtual schools
- > May 9, 5:20 AM: All but one of Idaho’s 16 online schools are consistently among the state’s lowest performing schools. And in 2016-17, Idaho’s publicly funded virtual schools paid well in excess of $10 million to companies that provide
- Democratic candidates agree on most everything — except charter schools
- Apr 17, 6:28 AM: Democratic gubernatorial candidates A.J. Balukoff and Paulette Jordan agreed on most everything during a “Conversation about Education” hosted by the City Club of Boise Monday afternoon.
- Idaho's virtual schools struggle academically
- > Apr 10, 5:26 AM: The more than 6,000 students enrolled in Idaho’s virtual schools perform well below their brick-and-morter peers on an array of academic performance indicators, from standardized tests to high school graduation rates.
- Two Canyon County charter schools incur academic sanctions
- > Apr 10, 4:52 AM: The charters for Heritage Community Charter School in Caldwell and Another Choice Virtual School in Nampa were conditionally renewed by the commission in 2018 and 2017, respectively. Both schools will be required to meet
- Commentary: Poverty is our biggest challenge in education
- > Apr 6, 6:27 AM: During the last Legislature there was an attempt to establish scholarships for low-income students to attend private schools. The idea was that these students would perform better in another environment. Despite good
- To Idaho’s next governor: Help charter schools do more for children
- > Apr 2, 5:30 AM: Idaho’s public charter schools are perennially some of the state’s highest performing schools on ISAT achievement tests in both English Language Arts and mathematics. The same holds for the high school SAT. Idaho charter
- Otter vetoes charter administrators' bill, as 2018 session adjourns
- Mar 29, 5:22 AM: On the 80th final day of the 2018 legislative session, Gov. Butch Otter vetoed a bill to relax hiring criteria for charter school administrators.
- Idaho House fails to override Otter’s veto of teacher-evaluation bill
- > Mar 28, 6:53 AM: Idaho lawmakers failed Tuesday to override Gov. Butch Otter’s first veto of the year, unable to even rally a majority of the House – let alone the required two-thirds – to overturn the governor’s veto of a
- State partners to offer software programming apprenticeship
- Mar 28, 6:20 AM: Apprenticeship Idaho has partnered with the Idaho Technology Council to register a new junior software programming apprenticeship program called Code-to-Career — a first for Idaho.
- Idaho Virtual Academy Invites Students To Enroll For 2018-19 School Year
- > Mar 22, 5:41 AM: Families choose to enroll in IDVA for a wide variety of reasons. Some are advanced learners, motivated to increase their knowledge beyond the basic course offerings, while others come to online school seeking a more
- No hard feelings: New charter school will impact school district, still on track to open 2018
- > Mar 21, 6:56 AM: District officials emphasize there is no animosity toward the new charter school. They said this is an opportunity to collaborate in educating students. Wendy Johnson, Kuna School District superintendent, said PiSA
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Coeur D'Alene Press - Online 78%
- Bonner County Daily Bee 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Times-News - Online / Associated Press 17%
- Morning News - Online, The 33%