- Career tech programs see major changes as they move online
- > Apr 1, 7:11 AM: Teachers will videotape themselves as they work with welding machines and finish the remaining cars that had been dropped off for repairs by the community. Students who can access welding devices at home can continue
- Arts-focused public charter school to open in Meridian this fall
- > Feb 14, 8:24 AM: Doral Academy of Idaho, an arts-focused public charter school, is set to open in Meridian this fall. It will be the first Idaho location for Doral Academy Inc., an organization that manages charter schools in Florida,
- Charter school commission floats revamped accountability model
- > Feb 13, 7:49 AM: The Idaho Public Charter School Commission is gathering input on a proposed accountability model that would ease up and streamline performance expectations for the nearly 60 charter schools under its purview.
- Letter: Idaho Virtual Academy gave me a flexible learning experience
- > Feb 5, 7:39 AM: I’m thankful for this opportunity to have a say in my education. In high school, I wanted an option that would offer me a challenging course load while also allowing time to spend with family. Fortunately, I found the
- Low-performing online school posts unprecedented enrollment growth, again.
- > Jan 14, 9:52 AM: Despite the unorthodox arrangement and low student performance, district leaders insist the program benefits a chunk of Idaho’s home schoolers by providing them with learning resources they wouldn’t otherwise have.
- State of the State: Little prioritizes teacher pay raises in a tight budget year
- Jan 7, 6:58 AM: In a tight budget year, Gov. Brad Little used his State of the State address Monday to prioritize raises for veteran teachers and other K-12 investments.
- BSU is Tracking Student Achievement at Several Idaho Charters
- Dec 12, 8:36 AM: Idaho’s largest university is tracking student achievement at nearly a dozen Idaho charter schools in order to evaluate the impact of millions of federal grant dollars.
- Non-traditional teaching program focuses on rigor, flexibility to fill labor shortage
- > Dec 9, 8:39 AM: Kayla Gardner is in her second year as a special education teacher at Kimberly Elementary. While she has a degree in childhood development and worked for 10 years as a child life specialist, the transition to a career in
- Public Charter School Commission director announces resignation
- Dec 6, 8:11 AM: Idaho Public Charter School Commission Director Tamara Baysinger will resign at the end of the month.
- Charters see big enrollment growth amid pockets of steep decline
- > Dec 4, 8:02 AM: Public charter schools accounted for nearly half of Idaho’s overall enrollment growth from last fall, yet several appear to be reeling from decreased funding after posting some of the state’s steepest enrollment
- School Boards Association drops proposal to limit charter schools
- > Nov 11, 6:45 AM: Hundreds of trustees from around the state set lobbying priorities for the Idaho School Boards Association Friday, wrapping up their three-day annual conference. Association members voted to make 11 resolutions a priority,
- Opinion: Idaho students need diversity and inclusion programs
- > Oct 25, 5:04 AM: Over the summer, state Rep. Barabra Ehardt, R-Idaho Falls, and 27 House Republicans wrote a letter to Idaho’s universities asking them to eliminate diversity and inclusion programs. The letter states, “This drive to create
- Opinion: Rural teachers need debt relief
- > Oct 24, 8:39 AM: On a salary of around $40,000 a year, Idaho’s educators are often working two or three jobs just to make loan payments on time. It’s no surprise that teachers leave Idaho for better opportunities in other states.
- Boise's oldest charter school ready to make a move
- Oct 22, 6:27 AM: The Boise School District’s 20-year oversight of Anser Charter School is coming to an end amid concerns over diversity and the small charter’s plans for transformation.
- White Pine teaches legislators about charter schools
- Oct 15, 6:14 AM: Fifty state legislators came through White Pine Charter School Monday morning to see some of the things being taught by the school’s STEM program.
- Expanding opportunities on the horizon for rural Idaho charter schools
- > Oct 10, 6:58 AM: With school choice being a hot-button topic in recent times, it has many in Idaho wondering if it’s possible for alternatives to traditional public schools to come to the more rural areas of the Gem State.
- Pocatello Community Charter School celebrates 20 years with Portneuf float
- Sep 26, 6:34 AM: The staff at Pocatello Community Charter School has always regarded the Portneuf River as a natural classroom for teaching lessons in water quality, aquatic life and ecology.
- Jerome charter school superintendent files $500,000 defamation claim against state
- > Sep 25, 7:02 AM: Heritage Academy’s Christine Ivie is pursuing legal action against the state’s Public Charter School Commission for “defamation, negligence, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligent infliction of emotional
- Treasure Valley charter school look to recruit Latino students
- > Sep 13, 7:21 AM: Anthony Haskett wants his charter school to be representative of all communities in the Treasure Valley, so he’s starting early — even before breaking ground on the school — to recruit Latino students and educate their
- Reclaim Idaho launches education funding initiative
- Sep 5, 6:32 AM: Reclaim Idaho has filed paperwork for a voter initiative that would boost corporate and high-end individual income tax rates, and put more than $170 million a year into K-12.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Coeur D'Alene Press - Online 78%
- Bonner County Daily Bee 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Times-News - Online / Associated Press 17%
- Morning News - Online, The 33%