- Charters see big enrollment growth amid pockets of steep decline
- > Dec 4, 8:02 AM: Public charter schools accounted for nearly half of Idaho’s overall enrollment growth from last fall, yet several appear to be reeling from decreased funding after posting some of the state’s steepest enrollment
- School Boards Association drops proposal to limit charter schools
- > Nov 11, 6:45 AM: Hundreds of trustees from around the state set lobbying priorities for the Idaho School Boards Association Friday, wrapping up their three-day annual conference. Association members voted to make 11 resolutions a priority,
- Opinion: Idaho students need diversity and inclusion programs
- > Oct 25, 5:04 AM: Over the summer, state Rep. Barabra Ehardt, R-Idaho Falls, and 27 House Republicans wrote a letter to Idaho’s universities asking them to eliminate diversity and inclusion programs. The letter states, “This drive to create
- Opinion: Rural teachers need debt relief
- > Oct 24, 8:39 AM: On a salary of around $40,000 a year, Idaho’s educators are often working two or three jobs just to make loan payments on time. It’s no surprise that teachers leave Idaho for better opportunities in other states.
- Boise's oldest charter school ready to make a move
- Oct 22, 6:27 AM: The Boise School District’s 20-year oversight of Anser Charter School is coming to an end amid concerns over diversity and the small charter’s plans for transformation.
- White Pine teaches legislators about charter schools
- Oct 15, 6:14 AM: Fifty state legislators came through White Pine Charter School Monday morning to see some of the things being taught by the school’s STEM program.
- Expanding opportunities on the horizon for rural Idaho charter schools
- > Oct 10, 6:58 AM: With school choice being a hot-button topic in recent times, it has many in Idaho wondering if it’s possible for alternatives to traditional public schools to come to the more rural areas of the Gem State.
- Pocatello Community Charter School celebrates 20 years with Portneuf float
- Sep 26, 6:34 AM: The staff at Pocatello Community Charter School has always regarded the Portneuf River as a natural classroom for teaching lessons in water quality, aquatic life and ecology.
- Jerome charter school superintendent files $500,000 defamation claim against state
- > Sep 25, 7:02 AM: Heritage Academy’s Christine Ivie is pursuing legal action against the state’s Public Charter School Commission for “defamation, negligence, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligent infliction of emotional
- Treasure Valley charter school look to recruit Latino students
- > Sep 13, 7:21 AM: Anthony Haskett wants his charter school to be representative of all communities in the Treasure Valley, so he’s starting early — even before breaking ground on the school — to recruit Latino students and educate their
- Reclaim Idaho launches education funding initiative
- Sep 5, 6:32 AM: Reclaim Idaho has filed paperwork for a voter initiative that would boost corporate and high-end individual income tax rates, and put more than $170 million a year into K-12.
- Editorial: White Pine board must restore its legitimacy
- > Sep 3, 6:25 AM: White Pine Charter School is a high-performing school full of excellent students and teachers. It has recently established the only high school in the city specializing in the fields of science, technology, engineering and
- Charter commission seeks to weather the storm after a summer of controversy (CER in the news)
- > Aug 30, 8:35 AM: As Idaho’s charter school sector grows, reaching an enrollment of 25,000 students, the commission has become a polarizing force. Some charter leaders still defend the commission, despite recent missteps. Reed has been
- Charter school shows academic improvement as advocates point to bias
- Aug 23, 5:57 AM: The embattled charter school that was criticized by state leaders for poor academic performance saw significant growth this year on its standardized test scores.
- 98 percent of Idaho teachers earn top marks on evaluations
- Aug 6, 7:32 AM: More than 98 percent of Idaho teachers earned one of the top two overall scores on their evaluations during the 2018-19 school year.
- Idaho Public Charter School Commission takes responsibility for comments, open meeting violations
- > Aug 2, 7:49 AM: The Idaho Public Charter School commission has taken responsibility for violating Idaho’s Open Meeting Law and undergone training after complaints were raised following a recorded April executive session.
- Jerome 'unlikely' to oversee Heritage Academy
- Aug 1, 7:33 AM: Jerome School District Superintendent Dale Layne “would be surprised” if trustees in his district agreed to take over Heritage Academy’s operating charter.
- More than 2,000 New Charter School Seats to Open this Fall
- Jul 31, 4:52 AM: At least 2,274 new charter school seats will open up across Idaho this school year.
- A.G.'s office: Charter commission appeared to violate open meeting law
- > Jul 26, 6:46 AM: The Idaho Attorney General's office has found that the Public Charter School Commission appeared to violate Idaho’s open meeting law during a closed-door meeting in April, Idaho Education News reports. Attorney General
- Advocates' Group Wants the State to Disband its Charter Commission
- Jul 25, 7:11 AM: A charter school advocacy group wants the state to disband the commission that oversees most of Idaho’s charter schools.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Coeur D'Alene Press - Online 78%
- Bonner County Daily Bee 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Times-News - Online / Associated Press 17%
- Morning News - Online, The 33%