- District 25 parents to host rally in support of schools resuming in-person learning full-time
- Sep 16, 5:54 AM: Concerned Pocatello-Chubbuck School District 25 parents are hosting a rally at the Portneuf Wellness Complex on Wednesday to persuade the district to allow students to go back to school full-time.
- Commentary: An Education Innovation That Beats Learning Pods
Idaho gives seventh graders $4,125 each to customize their high-school educations.
Sep 8, 8:33 AM:
- Nampa students, parents rally for in-person learning, sports
- Sep 3, 6:19 AM: Several dozen attended the rally, which began at about 11 a.m. The group waved signs and chanted “let us play” and “online learning is not learning."
- Charter schools say flexibility, responsibility crucial for successful school year
- > Aug 20, 6:35 AM: There are roughly 2,390 students enrolled in charter schools in Cache County — about one-third as many as students are in Logan City School District, and 13% as many as in Cache County School District.
- Opinion: Opting out of public school this fall? Legislators won't help your transition
- > Aug 18, 5:20 AM: Legislative leaders have summarily decided to shut down any talk of expanding school choice options for the upcoming academic year. The reason? They claim there’s not enough time to consider school choice options. Thus,
- New charter school Pinecrest Academy opens amid pandemic
- > Aug 17, 4:31 AM: The school will open in a hybrid schedule, with about half of the students attending on Monday and Tuesday, and the other half attending on Thursday and Friday. Teachers will provide work for students to complete at home.
- Opinion: Lawmakers refuse to help families who want school choice
- > Aug 17, 3:59 AM: Legislative leaders have summarily decided to shut down any talk of expanding school choice options for the upcoming academic year. The reason? They claim there’s not enough time to consider school choice options. Thus,
- Virtual charter schools are another option for Idaho families
- > Aug 10, 7:09 AM: Parents weigh their choices on where to enroll their kids for school, and they have another option to add to the list. The Coalition of Idaho Charter School Families says they see growth and interest in their virtual
- Blackfoot charter school using flexible teaching approach as recruiting tool
- Aug 4, 6:11 AM: A local public charter school that emphasizes technology has sought to use the flexible approach it's taking toward teaching amid the COVID-19 crisis as a recruiting tool.
- Survey: More than 175,000 Idaho Kids Lack Remote Learning Devices
- Jul 8, 7:51 AM: Over half of Idaho’s K-12 students don’t have a remote learning device, according to information school administrators submitted to the State Board of Education.
- Idaho students, teachers short 186,000 devices for remote learning, SBOE says
- Jul 6, 6:20 AM: SBOE’s previous research found that economic status is one of the biggest factors determining whether students have access to a computer or other learning device.
- One Idaho public school reopened during COVID-19. Here’s what classes look like.
- > Jun 18, 7:11 AM: Administrators decided to reopen, in part, so they could continue to offer hands-on career and technical training, which is difficult to simulate from home. But the driving factor was student behavioral health.
- Five New Charters will Open for Business this Fall
- Jun 9, 6:52 AM: Nearly 1,000 elementary and middle school students will fill the halls of five new public charter schools across Idaho this fall.
- Officials plan to expand charter school
- > May 21, 7:20 AM: Currently, the charter school houses kindergarten through sixth grade and had an enrollment of 311 students in the fall. Lambert said the school is currently seeing a re-enrollment rate of 98% and have over 120 new
- First Idaho public school will reopen Monday. It has nine days until summer break.
- May 12, 7:13 AM: A public charter school in Fruitland will become Idaho’s first public school to reopen since the coronavirus pandemic closed schools across the state seven weeks ago.
- Public Charter School Eyes May 18 Reopening
- May 8, 6:04 AM: Local health officials approved Treasure Valley Classical Academy’s plan to bring students back to school in the coming weeks, Principal Stephen Lambert told EdNews Thursday.
- Salvation Army announces plans to build a new charter school in Boise
- > May 4, 7:14 AM: The Salvation Army of Ada County Friday announced plans to expand the learning model at its school for pregnant and parenting teens -- Booth Marian Pritchett High School -- at their new building in west-central Boise.
- Remote Learning in Rural Idaho: A Closer Look at the Transition
- > Apr 30, 7:25 AM: Before the State Board of Education closed Idaho’s schools on March 23, some rural educators were already planning for a shutdown. Others had to pivot overnight. The coronavirus closure forced rural schools to confront all
- The coronavirus closed my school. How do I make sure my kids are still learning?
- > Apr 21, 6:12 AM: Specifics vary from school district to school district. But the Idaho Statesman contacted education leaders around the Treasure Valley for tips for parents trying to make sure their students are still learning in this new
- Virtual schools collaborate with State Department of Education
- Apr 15, 7:54 AM: Districts all over the state are switching to online learning, but what about schools that were online to begin with? They're ahead of the curve, but some things are changing for them too.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Coeur D'Alene Press - Online 78%
- Bonner County Daily Bee 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Times-News - Online / Associated Press 17%
- Morning News - Online, The 33%