- New financial questions raised at charter school
HI charter in hot water over finance/hiring practices. Spurs amendment to sharpen oversight. Couldn't tear attention away from controversy to suggest deeper changes since state's got 6th weakest charter law in nation?>
Mar 25, 7:30 AM:
- 4 schools could win exemption from 180-day state minimum
Aloha State's got too many students, not enough money. Their answer is to teach in shifts and comes with its own set of problems. Article makes the consequences clear: not enough classroom time.
Feb 10, 11:49 AM:
- Some Schools May Get Break From Longer Year
Students in Hawaii's congested schools could see less instructional time due to multi-track calendar. No mention of rationale behind change- don't know if beneficial to student learning.
Feb 8, 12:34 PM:
- Charter school director is asked to leave
The ousting of another charter school exec. director doesn't offer much hope for charters in Hawaii. Why has the charter gone through so many exec. director's?
Feb 4, 10:24 AM:
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Pacific Business News - Online 67%
- Star Advertiser 61%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- KHON-TV - Online 28%
- Garden Island - Online, The 33%