- Charter school teacher brings growth to self-directed learning program
- Aug 14, 6:32 AM: She said the self-directed learning environment is a unique benefit of the program which students in a public school setting do not get to experience.
- eSTEAM Academy to give Pinckneyville, Summerour students options for high school
- > Aug 9, 5:46 AM: For the first time, students from these schools will have the option of which high school they attend. Among the choices are the Junior Achievement Academy at Norcross High, the International Baccalaureate Program at
- Local charter school at risk for the upcoming school year
- > Aug 1, 5:39 AM: School starts on Thursday, but this charter school gets off to a bumpy start to the school year. Savannah Classical Academy was recently notified by the Georgia Department of Education that they are ranked as failing.
- State places Classical Academy Charter School on probation for test scores, organizational issues
- > Jul 31, 6:38 AM: For three years running, the charter school has not met or exceeded state or local averages on Georgia’s accountability system, called The College and Career Ready Performance Index. Classical Academy’s 2016 CCRPI score is
- Students prepare to start online classes
- Jul 31, 5:09 AM: Students across Georgia are getting ready to go back to school, but some are doing it a little differently than others. Online education has become a reality for many families right here in South Georgia.
- New Charter School Celebrates Grand Opening on First Day of School
- > Jul 27, 6:35 AM: Its emphasis on place-based education and basis in the Peaceful Schools model sets it apart from other schools in the area, offering parents and students a unique educational choice. Grades 5 and 6 will be added in the
- Arts focused learning at area’s first charter school
- > Jul 26, 6:11 AM: After working out of a temporary trailer at the school site off Blanchard Woods Road for most of the summer, administrators said they are excited about the opening of the unique school, which is the first charter school in
- Three APS turnaround schools start classes early
- Jul 26, 5:40 AM: Price MS, Slater Elementary and Thomasville Heights Elementary are the schools now being run as partner schools by the nonprofit Purpose-Built Schools.
- Gainesville, Hall families take advantage of school choice options
Today, parents and students have a variety of choices of schools and programs and can choose to attend school in other areas where there is space available.
Jul 17, 5:57 AM:
- Duval Superintendent Wants Charter Schools Director; Board To Vote Monday
- Jul 11, 6:33 AM: Duval County Public Schools interim Superintendent Patricia Willis is recommending the district create a charter school director position, one of more than 20 administration changes.
- DeKalb Schools invests $150,000 in convocation and PR campaign
- Jul 11, 5:45 AM: The DeKalb County School District is investing $50,000 in a public relations campaign built around how much people love the schools.
- Future uncertain for Georgia’s online charter schools
- Jul 7, 6:58 AM: The future for Georgia’s online charter schools is uncertain as officials await the final scores from state standardized tests last spring.
- Georgia's weighted charter school lottery aims to give disadvantaged kids better odds, but few schools use it
- > Jul 5, 7:53 AM: Every year, some parents worried about their kids’ educations in Georgia play the lottery. That’s what they did at the Academy for Classical Education, called ACE by locals, in Macon, Georgia, back in February, when the
- Savannah Classical Academy charter renewal deadline extended
- Jul 5, 6:10 AM: The Savannah-Chatham Public School Board has extended the charter renewal application deadline for Savannah Classical Academy.
- State charter schools make case for survival
- > Jun 30, 6:55 AM: Ten state charter schools that collectively enroll thousands of students, many in metro Atlanta, met Wednesday with the state commission that gives them authority to operate, in what for some was a final chance for a
- New law allows Fort Benning children to attend any MCSD school — well, almost
- > Jun 29, 5:49 AM: Thanks to a new state law, children of military service members who live on Fort Benning will be allowed, effective July 1, to attend any Columbus public school if space is available, the Muscogee County School District
- Tax credits for private school scholarships OK, state top court says
- > Jun 27, 7:57 AM: A Georgia Supreme Court decision upholding state tax credits for private school scholarships has emboldened advocates for expanding the program, as teachers and education advocates lament the effect on public school
- Savannah-Chatham school board denies all-boys charter proposal
- > Jun 26, 7:41 AM: But this time they were prepared to move forward with or without local school board approval. Star Charter organizer Gertrude Robinson, a retired Savannah-Chatham principal, said she has already submitted her charter
- Madison County schools recognized for charter system leadership
- > Jun 26, 5:45 AM: The award, given by the Georgia Charter System Foundation, recognizes charter school systems that demonstrate “instructional innovations at the classroom, school house or system-wide level with a focus on initiative-driven
- Conservative group praises Georgia for charter school legislation
- Jun 20, 6:43 AM: The American Conservative Union is praising Georgia lawmakers for several bills passed this year, including one to help charter schools.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- CNN.com 92%
- WXIA-TV - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- The Times-Herald 17%
- Griffin Daily News - Online, The 17%