- Newark private schools find creative ways to reopen this fall
- Aug 28, 6:13 AM: As the Christina School District plans for online learning through at least mid-October, several local private schools are finding creative ways to bring at least some students back into classrooms.
- Students can't learn online without internet access. Here's what Delaware is doing
- > Aug 25, 6:11 AM: To change this, the state is investing $20 million in federal CARES Act funding to expand rural wireless broadband coverage and improve access among low income families, Gov. John Carney announced Monday morning.
- Newark Charter launches $20 million expansion project, will add fourth building and 600 more students
- Aug 21, 5:44 AM: Newark Charter School has embarked on a $20 million expansion project that will add a fourth building to its campus and allow the school to serve an additional 600 students.
- Gov. Carney wants Delaware public schools to open with mix of in-class and remote learning
- Aug 5, 7:26 AM: Delaware’s public schools got the green light Tuesday to open with a hybrid of in-class and remote learning.
- COVID-19 data puts Delaware schools on track for hybrid reopening, Carney says
- Jul 29, 6:08 AM: While an official decision will not be made until next week, new criteria released by the state on Tuesday indicates that schools will likely reopen under a hybrid model.
- Gov. John Carney says no end of the year evaluations for Delaware teachers
- > May 11, 8:07 AM: End of the year evaluations, professional development requirements and assessments for Delaware teachers have been waived in the wake of coronavirus, according to the latest modification to Gov. John Carney's State of
- Delaware public schools are beginning remote learning. But should they fear future lawsuits?
- Apr 1, 7:02 AM: While students have been out of school for just over two weeks because of coronavirus, many of the traditional public districts are still working out how to do remote learning.
- New formal review of Odyssey Charter gets underway
- > Mar 3, 8:09 AM: Monday’s 45 minute meeting included discussion of the board’s effectiveness in the wake of recorded comments by board members about “building a wall” between Odyssey and the adjacent dual-language Academia Antonia Alonso,
- Teacher pay in Delaware: Charter school teacher salaries
- > Mar 2, 7:24 AM: Delaware Public Media’s Sophia Schmidt and Brooke Schultz of the Delaware State News examined public school teacher salaries at districts across the First State, but where do charter school teacher salaries fit in?
- Wilmington’s Eastside Charter takes new approach to getting students ready for high school
- Oct 7, 5:13 AM: The transition from middle school to high school is a daunting one for many students. So one Wilmington charter school is trying to ease that move with a new honors program called APEX.
- Las Américas ASPIRA Academy brings another charter high school to Newark
- Aug 30, 7:16 AM: The Spanish-immersion school’s expansion brings a second charter high school to the Newark area. Newark Charter School is now the only charter high school in the city.
- Students may get free bus passes to Delaware schools thanks to new legislation
- Aug 6, 7:50 AM: On Tuesday, Gov. John Carney is set to sign Senate Bill 166, which will allow district and charter schools to buy and provide annual passes for students to use buses from the Delaware Transit Corp.
- Newark student named high school environmentalist of the year
- > Jul 30, 7:29 AM: A Newark Charter School alumnus was recognized last week for his work to improve the environment. Sabin Lowe, 19, was named a Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control high school environmentalist of the
- Odyssey Charter placed on probation by State Board of Education
- Jul 19, 7:09 AM: If it wishes to remain open, Odyssey Charter School must change its board so that members of a Greek-American fraternal group no longer hold a majority of seats.
- Public gives comments on possible probation for Odyssey Charter School
- > Jul 9, 5:41 AM: The Odyssey Charter School community gave public comments Monday night on a proposal to place the school on probation. Education Secretary Susan Bunting is set to present a final decision on Odyssey’s immediate fate to the
- New Sussex charter school eyes 2021 opening
- > Jul 3, 5:59 AM: The board’s idea is a public high school, starting with grades 9 and 10 and growing into grades 11 and 12. Their mission is to create students who are both globally- and community-minded leaders through service learning.
- Delaware Charter Schools get Good Grades for 2018-19 year
- Jun 24, 7:59 AM: Kendall Massett said the 2018-19 school year exemplified how charter schools in general are supposed to work.
- Bill would force state auditor to audit charter schools
- Jun 7, 7:19 AM: Lawmakers have introduced a bill requiring Delaware’s state auditor to conduct or contract for an audit of any charter school upon request by legislators or other state officials.
- All MOT Charter seniors offerered college acceptance
- May 17, 6:54 AM: This is the second year in a row for that achievement. Meanwhile, Simone Charlemagne became the first student from MOT Charter School to receive an appointment to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
- Proposed charter school would focus on area’s under-served youth
- > Apr 5, 6:52 AM: Although many in the area know Christy Taylor as a music instructor and musician, her speech to the Shore Democrats on Wednesday, March 20, centered on a different passion. Taylor — who has taught music in the Indian River
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Delaware Online 58%
- Dover Post 50%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- News Journal 33%
- Associated Press (AP) - Dover Bureau 33%