- Greeley charter school showing marked improvements using unique teaching model
- > Sep 7, 5:22 AM: Administrators at a charter school many repeatedly said would fail are basking in the glory of proving them wrong, thanks to a staff who worked overtime and the addition of a woman who brought with her a track record of
- New homey feel for Two Rivers charter school
School began Wednesday for 300 students. That's up from 220 last year for the school, which draws from both the Roaring Fork and Garfield Re-2 school districts. About 40 percent of students this year come from the Re-2 >
Aug 31, 6:05 AM:
- New charter school customizes classes for K-5 students
- Aug 31, 5:37 AM: With this week’s grand opening of The Juniper School, children now have more freedom and say-so in their education.
- More Colorado charter schools are using weighted lotteries to make their student bodies better reflect the community
- > Aug 25, 4:54 AM: It was part of an effort by school leaders to help ensure the student body better mirrors the community, where nearly half of students come from Spanish-speaking homes. It also highlights a practice that’s gaining traction
- First girls, now boys: A look inside Denver’s newest single-gender, athletic-focused charter school
- > Aug 24, 6:06 AM: The Boys School of Denver is one of five new schools opening this fall in Denver Public Schools. The five schools are opening for a variety of reasons ranging from a need to accommodate a growing number of students in
- Colorado Springs-area charter schools grow up and out
- Aug 21, 5:00 AM: A new charter school is opening this fall, and several others in the Pikes Peak region are completing expansions or renovations.
- Colorado K-12 students show some improvement on state math, English tests, but achievement gaps persist
- Aug 18, 6:04 AM: Test results of Colorado’s public school students released Thursday show improvements in math and English language arts as well as in the number of students opting to take the tests.
- District 38 launches new app, online school
- Aug 18, 5:09 AM: About 100 students from both Lewis Palmer High School and Palmer Ridge High School will have the option to apply and enroll in the online high school.
- Boulder Valley prepares to open four new schools designed around innovation
- > Aug 14, 5:18 AM: The building, which won't be completely finished before students arrive, doesn't look much like most other schools. Instead of the typical design of halls and individual classrooms, Meadowlark was built around learning
- Vouchers playing a big role in this year's Douglas County School Board election
- Aug 7, 6:18 AM: Goodland says what makes the Douglas county race so popular is the voucher system. The U.S. Supreme Court sent the case back to the State Supreme Court which remanded it back to the district court.
- Colorado’s online schools might see funding upswing in coming year
- Aug 2, 6:38 AM: Online schools in Colorado could see more dollars after the State Board of Education voted to change how it allocates federal money that subsidizes the cost of educating low-income kids.
- Colorado lawmakers aim to improve digital learning
- > Aug 1, 7:07 AM: Colorado lawmakers want to improve how public schools integrate digital learning in and outside of the classroom. A report released Monday highlights priorities and says combining technology with traditional teaching
- How Colorado could see more “blended learning,” combining online courses and traditional teaching
- Jul 25, 6:08 AM: A new guide released Monday seeks to help Colorado schools successfully introduce blending learning, a growing practice combining traditional classroom instruction with online coursework.
- Pueblo alternative high school to close despite late academic gains
- > Jul 21, 7:02 AM: An alternative high school in Pueblo that serves the community's most vulnerable students will not open its doors this fall. Board members of the Youth And Family Academy (YAFA) tell News the decision was taken out of
- Blended learning state framework meeting set for July 24 in Denver
- > Jul 20, 7:57 AM: The event fulfills the charge set forth by the state's General Assembly and the governor's office through House Bill 16-1222 to identify strategies for educators, lawmakers and others to enact to produced expanded access
- Network of education reformers continue to help shape governor’s race in Colorado
- Jul 19, 6:39 AM: Education-oriented donors continued to play an outsized role in the latest fundraising round of a governor’s race where all leading Democratic candidates have strong connections to Colorado schools.
- New D49 charter school to open Fall 2018
- Jul 17, 7:39 AM: District 49 Board of Education directors on Friday unanimously approved a charter school application for Liberty Tree Academy.
- Colorado Springs charter school struggled with schism in leadership
- Jul 11, 5:33 AM: A schism this spring between its top brass has left a small Colorado Springs charter school rebuilding, some of its former leaders working on a new charter school and each side blaming the other.
- District 51, school still haggling on charter
- Jul 3, 6:20 AM: District 51 is still negotiating with Juniper Ridge Community School over a long-term charter agreement, though officials say the major points have been agreed upon.
- Supreme Court ruling gives Douglas County school voucher program new life
- Jun 28, 8:13 AM: Backers of Douglas County’s stalled school voucher program say it may have new life after a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Gazette 92%
- KKCO-TV - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Valley Courier - Online 17%
- KDVR-TV - Online / Fox31 17%