- Colorado student test scores show improvements, but persistent problems remain for some groups
- > Aug 17, 6:39 AM: Colorado students overall are doing better with their reading and writing, and fifth-graders are improving in math, but statewide test scores released Thursday show that stubborn academic problems remain among the state’s
- Poudre School District joins lawsuit to challenge new Colorado law on school choice
- > Aug 14, 4:40 AM: Six school districts — including Poudre School District — two education associations and two private taxpayers have joined in a lawsuit challenging a new Colorado law that aims to increase school choice.
- Worried about enrollment, some Colorado school districts are suing to prevent cross-district busing
- Aug 9, 4:43 AM: Six school districts and the associations that represent them are suing to stop a change to Colorado law that could increase access to school choice but that was approved under questionable circumstances.
- New Douglas County schools superintendent promises to ease tensions, move forward
- > Aug 7, 5:01 AM: The new superintendent of the Douglas County School District will attempt to push the district past a bruising, national fight over school vouchers and into the future. His first order of business will be a plea to
- Charter schools getting per-student boost
- Aug 6, 5:32 AM: Independent charter schools will receive an additional $300 per student this upcoming school year, with a boost from the state legislature.
- Editorial: Where does Denver Public Schools go from here?
- > Jul 27, 6:35 AM: The confidence of parents in the district is also likely in part because there is simply so much choice within DPS. Language immersion, fine arts, college preparation and International Baccalaureate are just a few of the
- Denver’s education superintendent Tom Boasberg is stepping down after nearly a decade
- > Jul 18, 4:37 AM: Boasberg announced Tuesday he’s leaving his post after an unusually long tenure – nearly 10 years at the helm of Denver Public Schools, a 92,600-student urban district nationally known for its innovative approaches to
- Loveland Planning Commission supports New Vision Charter School campus expansion
- Jul 10, 6:05 AM: Facing a lengthening wait list of potential students, New Vision Charter School in Loveland wants to increase its enrollment capacity with a new campus.
- Organizers of Ascent Classical Academy Flatirons eye Boulder County for new charter school
- Jul 6, 5:10 AM: A group of classical charter schools is looking to expand locally, submitting an intent-to-apply notice in the Boulder Valley School District as organizers consider where to locate.
- Charter schools to see funding bump
- > Jul 5, 6:08 AM: The law directs school districts to either share 95 percent of their mill levy revenue with charter schools — with five percent reserved for administrative costs — or develop a plan for sharing the money based on what the
- Denver’s new plan gives its neediest students a shot at coveted schools, but waitlists could grow
- Jul 3, 5:14 AM: Denver has a new plan to ensure some of its neediest students get spots in its best schools – but it will require a potentially controversial tradeoff.
- Summit Academy eyeing Superior as location for new charter high school
- > Jun 29, 5:10 AM: Summit Academy, a proposed new charter high school, is eyeing Superior as its future home in partnership with a town resident's nonprofit organization that's looking to build an "innovation campus."
- KIPP charter network launching biliteracy program at new Denver elementary school
- Jun 29, 4:33 AM: A high-performing charter network will run a biliteracy program at a new elementary school in southwest Denver this fall — a first for KIPP schools in Colorado.
- Pueblo GOAL graduate finds niche in alternative education
- > Jun 28, 6:40 AM: After visiting with her mother about the possibility of changing schools, Pettie discovered GOAL and was impressed with its blended learning offerings as well as the opportunity to concurrently pursue a college degree at
- Jared Polis, Walker Stapleton face off in a Colorado governor’s race that became testy from the start
- > Jun 27, 7:19 AM: The issue of education became a defining one in the race, and it influenced the vote of Sean Grieser, a 53-year-old Denver Democrat. Grieser said he voted for Polis despite his preference for Kennedy's education plan.
- Couple finds new start in Pueblo library's online high school program
- > Jun 26, 6:27 AM: A full-fledged, state-accredited and funded high school diploma program, Career Online High School affords adults 19 and older the chance to pursue -- at their own pace and within their own homes -- a diploma. And with
- Column: Only in the Democratic primary would education reform carry a stigma
- > Jun 22, 7:04 AM: It is telling that the Democrat frontrunners and so many of their flock do in fact consider support for school choice and teacher performance evaluation as biting animadversions against the respective candidates. It
- Change in Colorado law sets up a ‘David and Goliath’ school choice battle no one saw coming
- > Jun 22, 4:37 AM: That’s the concern of small, relatively poor districts in Colorado after a last-minute provision tacked onto an unrelated bill in the closing days of the legislative session became law. It allows school districts to run
- Study: 35 percent of Colorado high school graduates need remedial classes in college
- > Jun 21, 6:40 AM: Weld County school districts had a higher rate of remediation than the state average; 52.3 percent of college-bound high-school graduates from Weld needed some form of remedial education, a 66.2 percent increase since
- Douglas County district pays $1.3 million to settle landmark special education case
- > Jun 21, 5:59 AM: The Douglas County School District has paid $1.32 million to settle a long-running special education case brought by a couple who sought reimbursement from the district for their son’s education at a private school for
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Gazette 92%
- KKCO-TV - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Valley Courier - Online 17%
- KDVR-TV - Online / Fox31 17%