- Manaugh Elementary faces outside management to improve performance
- > May 21, 5:42 AM: The Colorado Department of Education announced on May 10 that Montezuma-Cortez School District RE-1 will work with outside management organizations to improve student performance at Manaugh Elementary School.
- New charter school creating next generation of entrepreneurs
- > May 21, 5:20 AM: Kids are launching their own businesses through a Colorado Springs high school. It's a new charter school called Launch High School. Its goal is to help students learn the art of entrepreneurship before they graduate.
- Windsor Charter Academy Early College High School celebrates first graduating class
- > May 18, 6:48 AM: Although many public schools offer advanced placement courses, with a test at the end of the course, the charter academy college credits are based on the entire two-semester classes, and are guaranteed to transfer to any
- Teacher shortages are especially acute in rural areas. Here’s one solution in Colorado.
- > May 18, 6:22 AM: This is especially true for rural communities, including in Colorado. Alternative licensure pathways, including residency models of entering the teaching profession, have been a lifeline for finding and keeping rural
- Pikes Peak Prep charter goes independent, with state agency's blessing
- May 16, 5:58 AM: The school also will operate independently instead of under a management organization, as it has since its inception in 2005, and it must meet new benchmarks.
- Four DPS high schools named in top 10 best high schools in Colorado; No. 1 is a charter school
- > May 10, 6:07 AM: Lafayette’s Peak to Peak Charter School is ranked the best high school in Colorado, earning gold medal status from U.S. News and World Report while four Denver Public Schools high schools also made the annual list of the
- Jeffco district giving charter school district status and district building, while letting it maintain autonomy
- May 9, 5:40 AM: In a rare deal, a Jeffco charter school will become a district-run school but keep much of its independence — and also secure a long-sought campus.
- Colorado charter schools outperform public schools across the nation
- > May 8, 7:26 AM: Have you wondered how students in Colorado compare academically to students in other states? There is a nationally recognized test given every other year to fourth- and eighth-graders that has been around since 1969. It's
- Opinion: Unions have a stranglehold on public ed - while Colorado kids suffer
- > May 4, 7:03 AM: Just in case there remained some doubt in anyone's mind that the Democratic Party's leftward lurch in Colorado was effectively divorcing the party from any affection it may have had for meaningful education reform, the
- Thousands of Colorado teachers expected to march to the state Capitol on Thursday and Friday, seeking pension fix and higher pay
- > Apr 26, 7:10 AM: Teachers from Douglas County and Jefferson County school districts are rallying at the Capitol on Thursday, while teachers from Denver Public Schools — the state’s largest district — will join educators from Aurora,
- Boulder Valley conditionally approves Summit Academy's charter high school application
- > Apr 25, 5:35 AM: Summit Academy can open as a charter high school — if organizers can meet a set of conditions that include finding a building and land and providing evidence that at least 100 ninth-graders plan to enroll.
- Every student who has graduated from this Colorado high school since 2008 got into college
- Apr 23, 6:56 AM: Though DSST: Stapleton is a charter school, Desserich says students are selected essentially at random through a lottery system just like most other DPS schools.
- Denver touts record participation in school choice process
- Apr 20, 5:22 AM: Even as more Denver families participated in the annual public school lottery this year, about four out of five still got into a first-choice school, district officials announced Thursday.
- GOAL Academy offers Moffat County students another choice in high schools
- Apr 20, 5:16 AM: Goal Academy is a tuition-free public school offering guided online academic learning to about 50 students in Craig, 800 students in the Northern Region and 3,750 students statewide.
- Editorial: Democrats roll back time, soundly rejecting school choice
- > Apr 19, 5:11 AM: The party eliminated any question of this reversion when delegates told Democrats for Education Reform to get lost. They overwhelmingly passed a resolution ordering the group to stop using "Democrats" as part of their
- Colorado teachers stage rally at statehouse to lobby for higher pay
- > Apr 17, 7:06 AM: Chanting “You left me no choice, I have to use my teacher voice!” hundreds of Colorado teachers converged on the state Capitol on Monday to demand changes in school funding and to lobby for higher teacher pay and a
- Opinion: Let’s get real about tuition savings accounts
- > Apr 17, 6:12 AM: Allowing families to utilize their own savings to pay for K-12 tuition seems straightforward, but Colorado law doesn’t match up with the new federal law. Colorado allows 529 withdrawals only for specific purposes that do
- Colorado Democrats overwhelmingly reject Democrats for Education Reform at state assembly
- Apr 16, 5:38 AM: Delegates at the Colorado Democratic state assembly Saturday sent a clear message to the state chapter of Democrats for Education Reform: You don’t have a place in our party.
- New Vista parents protest possibility of new Boulder charter school co-locating in their building
- Apr 12, 5:44 AM: New Vista High School parents overwhelmingly told the Boulder Valley school board at a worksession this week that they're not interested in sharing their building with a proposed charter high school.
- Boulder Valley School District staff, evaluation recommend approval of Summit charter application
- Apr 10, 7:31 AM: Summit Middle School's proposal to open a charter high school won the conditional approval of both a Boulder Valley School District staff evaluation committee and a parent evaluation committee.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Gazette 92%
- KKCO-TV - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Valley Courier - Online 17%
- KDVR-TV - Online / Fox31 17%