- 92,000 DPS Students Transition To Remote Learning Tuesday
- > Apr 7, 7:50 AM: Spring break is over for students at Denver Public Schools. The district will begin remote learning on Tuesday. Earlier this month, DPS announced schools would stay closed through the rest of the school year.
- Online learning is harder for some students, so Colorado schools are protecting grades with new policies
- > Apr 6, 7:24 AM: The pivot to remote instruction has really highlighted inequities among students, she noted. With students who can’t access technology, who don’t have access to the internet or whose parents are not at home during the day
- Schools get lesson in creative teaching
- > Apr 2, 5:50 AM: Despite being physically closed, the four public schools in Boulder City have a plethora of learning options for their students. To help maintain instruction for students, the schools are implementing technology in
- School at home? Here’s advice from students at Denver online academy
- > Apr 1, 6:51 AM: Thousands of students across the Front Range are back in school -- kind of. Remote learning began this week in a number of districts, including Cherry Creek, Aurora and St. Vrain Valley. But for some students, remote
- Next, We Just Need To Move 900,000 Colorado Students To Remote Learning
- > Mar 24, 7:11 AM: Two Colorado school district leaders a stone’s throw from the Nebraska border spoke last week about the massive, immediate paradigm shift in front of them: How were they going to suddenly provide academic instruction and
- Local charter school to deliver meals to students during COVID-19 outbreak
- > Mar 17, 7:46 AM: Several school districts in Colorado are offering free breakfast or lunch pick-up at school within the district, while class is canceled due to COVID-19, but Pinnacle Charter School is taking a different approach –
- Doing education differently: Rampart High to pilot new blended learning model
- > Feb 25, 7:49 AM: Later school start times, flexible schedules, moving faster or slower through curriculum and learning by a combination of online and classroom instruction are among the differences in a new program coming in the fall at
- A bill is coming that would change enrollment rules for Colorado charter schools. Could it also deter more from opening?
- > Feb 20, 9:17 AM: Rep. Shannon Bird plans to introduce legislation that would revamp the application and appeals processes for charter schools. Education groups fear the changes single out charters and put their future in question.
- Colorado education board orders HOPE Online to close its elementary operations following low performance
- Feb 14, 6:25 AM: The board vote was 5 to 2. It’s the first time under the current accountability system, in place since 2009, that the State Board has ordered a school closed against its wishes.
- Ute Mountain Ute charter moving forward in Towaoc
- Feb 3, 9:37 AM: A prospective Ute Mountain Ute charter school is moving forward, and Towaoc educators may now apply to the Charter School Institute for authorization.
- ‘School Choice’ allows students to choose their school regardless of where they live
- Jan 20, 6:36 AM: Colorado school districts are pushing to get the word out about a program in our state that allows students to live in one district, but go to school in another.
- Poll by conservative education group finds bipartisan support for school choice, charter schools in Colorado
- > Jan 14, 6:15 AM: Colorado voters of all stripes want more money to go to education and specifically into teachers’ paychecks, but they don’t want to raise taxes to do it. They’re also broadly supportive of charter schools, school choice,
- Partisan Fault Lines Show As Colorado Lawmakers Get Back To Work
- > Jan 9, 6:34 AM: Republicans plan to focus on education reform this session, with an agenda that includes expanded school choice, bonuses for high-performing teachers, and more transparency in school performance ratings. Neville called
- League of Charter Schools asks state board to free them from Littleton Public Schools
- > Dec 20, 6:44 AM: An organization representing the state’s charter schools alleges Littleton Public Schools hasn’t been fair to its charters, and is asking the Colorado State Board of Education to limit the district’s right to oversee
- Two Colorado Springs school districts expand nontraditional high schools
- Dec 17, 7:12 AM: The growing popularity of outside-the-box high school education is leading two Pikes Peak region school districts to expand programming.
- 35% of Colorado high schoolers are earning college credit as they study for their diplomas
- Dec 9, 8:23 AM: Concurrent enrollment saves students from 173 Colorado school districts time and money -- and is helping to close closing the racial education gap.
- Denver’s charter and traditional schools producing similar test results in recent years
- Dec 4, 9:41 AM: Five years ago, the consensus about charter schools in Denver seemed clear: They were producing higher test scores than traditional schools.
- Static test scores at many Colorado innovation schools have state, Denver officials questioning format’s effectiveness
- > Nov 25, 8:25 AM: In the two years since Prairie Heights Middle School received permission to implement a new curriculum and make changes to its staff training, principal Stephanie Knox has seen a change in students: They’re more excited to
- State gives tentative OK to Aurora charter school of the arts
- Nov 22, 7:19 AM: Aurora kids will likely be attending a performing arts charter school next fall, despite local school board officials denying the school’s plan earlier this year.
- Struggling charter school will have to ramp up enrollment or close, APS school board says
- Nov 21, 7:44 AM: School board members for Aurora Public Schools approved a recommendation Tuesday night forcing a struggling charter school to more than double its enrollment by June or close less than a year after opening.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Gazette 92%
- KKCO-TV - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Valley Courier - Online 17%
- KDVR-TV - Online / Fox31 17%