- Granada Hills Charter High School is already one of the largest. It’s getting larger
- > Oct 25, 5:29 AM: Granada Hills Charter High School, with more than 4,700 students, is one of the largest charter schools in the United States. Its students have been Academic Decathlon national champions six times, it has a 95 percent
- In Oakland's D4 School Board Race, the Debate Is All About Charter Schools
- > Oct 24, 6:21 AM: Oakland's District 4 is the only contested school board race this year, and it pits seasoned public schools administrator Gary Yee against political newcomer Clarissa Doutherd, who are vying to replace retiring board
- Adelante Charter School Supporters Push for Expansion of Bilingual Campus
- Oct 24, 6:05 AM: Dozens of Adelante Charter School parents and teachers spoke at Tuesday night's Santa Barbara Unifed School District board meeting, calling for an expansion of the bilingual-education school.
- State superintendent of instruction: The race is on, and it’s expensive
- > Oct 23, 6:15 AM: Most voters know all about the top ticket jobs on the state ballot this November: governor, senator, secretary of state. But down-ballot, as it’s known, is the state superintendent of instruction. And, it just happens to
- Opinion: Important lessons from a local charter school
- > Oct 22, 6:23 AM: Once again, only half of California’s students met or exceeded 2018 statewide testing standards in English Language Arts/Literacy (ELA) and fewer than 40 percent in math. Gaps among ethnic, racial and income groups
- Bullis submits charter application for new Mountain View school
- > Oct 19, 5:32 AM: Sticking with a fast-paced plan to provide an alternative public school for students in Mountain View, Bullis Charter School officials on Tueday submitted a charter application to open a campus within the Mountain View
- Commentary: Why CA needs charter schools and how to improve them
- > Oct 19, 5:22 AM: I believe non-profit, high-quality public charter schools- especially in areas where there have been few or no high-quality public school alternatives- are a good thing for our children and our public education system.
- Austin Beutner and Alex Caputo-Pearl: Two leaders on a collision course toward teachers strike
- > Oct 18, 6:16 AM: The two men who could determine whether Los Angeles teachers go on strike sound almost as if they inhabit different worlds. They don’t even agree on a set of basic facts, which makes negotiation difficult.
- Cal State graduation rates reach record highs and equity gaps narrow
- > Oct 18, 5:56 AM: Graduation rates for California State University students hit record highs this year as campuses poured money into new faculty and expanded academic support and financial aid, university system officials announced
- How are charter schools influencing LAUSD labor negotiations?
- > Oct 15, 6:02 AM: If teachers go on strike this school year, it would be the first amid a backdrop of a growing charter school movement that has not only drawn students from the Los Angeles Unified School District, but has also taken
- Rural education network launches to help isolated teachers
- > Oct 12, 6:04 AM: On an early morning late last spring about 100 educators from districts serving California’s rural areas trickled into a meeting hall in Sacramento for the inaugural launch of a network meant to address their isolation and
- Survey: New York's high school grads feel unprepared
- > Oct 9, 5:06 AM: Just a third of recent high school graduates in New York said they were “significantly challenged,” academically, according to a survey from a coalition of education reform, community and business organizations.
- Mediation Continues, but Tensions Rise Over LAUSD Teachers Contract
- > Oct 4, 6:13 AM: As state mediation efforts continued Wednesday in hopes of resolving a labor-talk stalemate between the Los Angeles Unified School District and its teachers’ union, the union accused Superintendent Austin Beutner of
- Teachers Union Accuses Supe Of Cozying Up With Charter Groups
- Oct 4, 6:09 AM: The LA teachers union released reports claiming the new superintendent spent more time at lavish meals with charter backers than at schools.
- LAUSD school, once a target for ‘parent trigger,’ posts huge gains on latest statewide tests
- > Oct 3, 5:39 AM: Four years ago, some parents threatened to file "parent trigger" petitions that would've taken control of 20th Street Elementary School away from the Los Angeles Unified School District. But since a new principal — and the
- California's standardized test scores inch up overall — but hit a high school snag
- Oct 3, 5:00 AM: California students’ standardized test scores inched up this year, though gains among younger students were nearly canceled out by a drop at the high school level.
- It's easier to get into UCLA than La Jolla High's choice program
- > Oct 2, 6:32 AM: The school choice window opened on Monday for San Diego Unified campuses, allowing families to apply for enrollment at any of 170 district schools next year — although the acceptance rate for some campuses is lower than
- Riverside students will learn in Mandarin, English if charter school wins OK
- > Oct 2, 5:58 AM: Riverside educator Michael Scott doesn’t want children here left behind so he’s proposing a charter school where children learn in English and Mandarin. “If we’re talking about business, the Pacific Ocean is where our
- Lawyer: Mountain View has little say over future charter school
- > Sep 28, 5:10 AM: Bullis Charter School officials are expected to submit a petition next month proposing to create a new charter school in the Mountain View Whisman School District, aimed specifically at serving lower-income families.
- LA parents demand ‘equitable education’ as prospect of first LAUSD teachers strike in decades looms
- > Sep 27, 6:36 AM: Union officials were not pleased with the district’s offer, saying the class-size reduction proposal makes no difference for 90 percent of the district’s schools and the district can still increase class size any ime,
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Salinas Californian - Online, The 100%
- Victorville Daily Press - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Paso Robles Press - Online 0%
- T.H.E. Journal - Online 0%